• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tomb Raider Movie Poster

Not a fan of the choice of actress for the role and it's not why you'd think:) She always looks pissed in all the roles she's had and that doesn't mesh with eitherof the first entries in the tomb raider series.

Basketball

twd-maggie-2-166742.jpg

Second the Lauren Cohan notion.

YES

and she is english i think

J-Tier

I dunno why, but I keep mistaking Alicia Vikander for Milana Vantrub. I see a photo of Alicia and think "that doesn't look like the AT&T girl..."

Strings

Not too optimistic for this. Geneva Robertson-Dworet is a very talented screenwriter, but the last draft of this I read was incredibly shoddy.

Niks

Man, haven't been following this movie at all..

but fuck, who ever thought the cast for Lara was a good idea?

Trup1aya

The actress is obviously extremely athletic, but the poster and clips make her seem extremely uncoordinated.

The CGI saw slide looked pathetic- as if she was looking at a tennis ball and not a rusty death trap inches away from disfiguring her face. Doesn't seem like her best performance.

Surfinn

The actress is obviously extremely athletic, but the poster and clips make her seem extremely uncoordinated.

The CGI saw slide looked pathetic- as if she was looking at a tennis ball and not a rusty death trap inches away from disfiguring her face. Doesn't seem like her best performance.
Something tells me her performance isn't the issue in that scene

Nightfall

The build and the face.

I remember seeing the very first photo released of the shoot and the first thing that came to mind was how skinny she looked.

That's what everyone said about Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman. And that turned out pretty well.

I like the poster. It's not the greatest of all time but I like that she's not this hyper sexualized woman anymore.

Kumorin

I look at that poster and my first thought is, “What adventures will Lara get up to on.. those... um... rocky shoals?” But at least the actress looks appropriately muscular and is carrying a game accurate climbing axe. The brief teaser for the trailer showed what looked like a Resident Evil film series style booby trap though and it looked bad.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Can we have a discussion about this film that doesn't turn into gross armchair analysts nit picking a women's look to death?

This - this thread is fucking embarrassing. No male star/character gets scrutinized anywhere close over minute details. Its upsetting to see, and its a pattern here. It happens in every game discussion with characters like Samus, Lara, Alloy and any game with prominent female characters designs that fall outside the realm of what people "normally" see. I would like to see the mods take stronger stances towards this of posting, as I feel this just reinforces negative attitudes and is reflective of the gaming community in general.

Poona

Yay, love they have her name on the poster there too.

Can't wait for the day when I stop seeing people refer to her as Laura (Laura and Lara are different pronunciations, not just different spelling).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh. Same problem with the chick who played WW.

Someone get both of them a sandwich.

The amount of hate against the actress is absolutely mind-boggling and let's not talk about the implied sexism in some " criticisms "
I just don't understand what's so hard about realizing that this is not the SAME LARA.
Dual pistols and braids' Lara doesn't belong in this universe. I don't like the new generic Lara but it's unfair to judge the new movie as a separate entity by comparing it to something it doesn't pretend to represent in the first place

MaLDo

Ok, the arrow grip is totally wrong. But looking at it, it seems that the actress had some kind of accident in their fingers. It seems that two first fingers are false (like a plastic finger hiding the injury) and the fingernail is made of plastic and stuck on top of the false finger. Maybe that's why she can grip the arrow in a stronger way.

Or maybe is the gif quality and my bad eyes :p

This is what I meant

tomblmsv7.jpg

I have a feeling in my gut that this is going to flop, I just can't shake it.

This looks like what I was half-expecting an Uncharted film starring Wahlberg to be.

hotcyder

This - this thread is fucking embarrassing. No male star/character gets scrutinized anywhere close over minute details. Its upsetting to see, and its a pattern here. It happens in every game discussion with characters like Samus, Lara, Alloy and any game with prominent female characters designs that fall outside the realm of what people "normally" see. I would like to see the mods take stronger stances towards this of posting, as I feel this just reinforces negative attitudes and is reflective of the gaming community in general.

Absolutely. So far this thread be like;

989.jpg

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Her neck looks weird in that poster. This has nothing to do with the gender.

You think so, but the beauty expectations and criticism being set here are entirely precedented by her sexuality. There would be far less interest, and far less posting about the neck if it was a guy on the poster.

You have people analyzing her neck and fingers - are you seriously trying to equate this?
Have you taken a look at the poster? It's been shopped so much her neck looks totally unnatural. It's not about her fingers but the way the film depicts her stringing a bow, which looks like a toddler finicking with a toy bow.

Top Bottom