• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five #DRIVECLUB beta videos + impressions

drotahorror

UCcb.gif

That's like, a trademark thing to do in a racing game. Love it.

Also, can't wait to see that snowy weather WIP vid. I'm sure it'll pop up near release since ya know, Evo Time.

my favourite racing game of all time - Need For Speed High Stakes on PSX ran at 20 FPS or lower at times and I still loved it very much.

Driveclub looks smooth to me :D 60 FPS would have been nice, but what can you do?

Shaneus

Speaking of good driving game/Driveclub music, this popped up in my Spotify and I think it'd be perfect. It's not dark/aggressive but it's still very UK breaksteppy:
Underworld - Scribble

Or if we can custom soundtrack this bitch, I'll just load the Wipeout 2097/3 soundtrack. Boom.

Cubed

Less than 5 weeks. Almost there!

This and GTA V, if it makes it this year, are the only games I need for the rest of the year. I'm not saying they are the only games I will buy, but if they were the only two I happen to pick up I would still be a happy camper for the last 3 months of this year.

Stillmatic

Less than 5 weeks. Almost there!

This and GTA V, if it makes it this year, are the only games I need for the rest of the year. I'm not saying they are the only games I will buy, but if they were the only two I happen to pick up I would still be a happy camper for the last 3 months of this year.

For me, DRIVECLUB and Destiny until Bloodborne!

soogoodqospz.gif

M76

Banned
I've just read that the weather system won't be in the game at release. They already delayed it more than a year, and still it's unfinished. I just hope we'll not start to see degradation of graphics in gameplay videos as release edges closer.

Stillmatic

I've just read that the weather system won't be in the game at release. They already delayed it more than a year, and still it's unfinished. I just hope we'll not start to see degradation of graphics in gameplay videos as release edges closer.

? Weather was never a launch feature. They decided to add weather after fan interest and it's always been said it'll come in an update after the delayed launch.

Kayant

Here we go.

Why is this even a thought when the game has been receiving nothing but upgrades so far.

Elixist

this game is starting to come together *spits out crow feather* delay did wonders. its great that the cars feel good and weighty around corners. i'd like to see some wider roads for some of the dlc tracks to switch it up a bit. still have fingers crossed for a motorstorm or more arcadey release next.

le-seb

Finally had a chance to watch these videos in all their 720p glory.
It's a good thing Evolution Studios was able to embed some car racing game in their lighting and weather simulator, because I do love racers.

Oh, and I do especially love seeing the virtual driver actually putting his foot down the gas pedal when you accelerate, and handing off the wheel to shift gears in the Lotus.
It's very possible other games did that before, but it's just cool as fuck.

How are we supposed to wait another month before being able to play this game by ourselves?

Nice. I've always wanted a clean looking racer on consoles. Jaggies are always soo aparent on these hyperrealistic looking cars.

The game's 1080p resolution is put to effective use too, producing one of the cleanest grades of image quality on PS4. And yet Evolution isn't content to leave it there, backing this full HD setup with an excess of techniques to tackle aliasing from every angle. Asked what anti-aliasing is fit for purpose in this case, DriveClub takes a no-compromise approach.

"It's a mixture. There's a pixel-based system that we're using, there's a temporal-based system, there's FXAA and there's actually a material-based system as well. We've only got four systems in place and we've got another for the key points that we don't quite hit. We obsess about the small details, so we're getting another one to go on top of that, to get on top of the very final image quality issues."

le-seb

I'm surprised the 3 second reset indicator didn't pop up on screen.
He's not off tracking that much, is he? (I guess the indicator would only appear when you have two wheels off the track, unlike with this doughnut.)
Anyway, the whole UI can be hidden, which probably includes the reset indicator.

They are planning one more AA pass? Music to my ears
Yep, to mine, too.
Because they fucking need to smooth the power lines.

Top Bottom