• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember a few days ago when I mentioned a Lebanese chick from work? lol well that fizzled out quick. Said I'm not independent and experienced enough in aspects of life (she's 26 I'm 22) and had doubts from day one because of the age difference and so on. (a day after she kisses me in the work elevator). There's more to it but that's essentially it. What a load of shit, can't stand when someone gets involved while having "doubts".

bonus: apparently has a problem with uncircumsized dicks? That's how the whole conversation started. I shit you not.

On to the next one

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Van der Weil before Holland-Kazakhstan: "What do I know about Kazakhstan? I only know that Borat's from there"
Van der Weil before Holland-Kazakhstan: "What do I know about Kazakhstan? I only know that Borat's from there"
this cant be happening

Pennywise

this cant be happening

Haha.

tumblr_m9ky7yEouy1rb8h3fo2_500.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Uefa have confirmed that the champions of top 7 European leagues will go into Champions League pot one next season, along with holders

FINALLY

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned a Lebanese chick from work? lol well that fizzled out quick. Said I'm not independent and experienced enough in aspects of life (she's 26 I'm 22) and had doubts from day one because of the age difference and so on. (a day after she kisses me in the work elevator). There's more to it but that's essentially it. What a load of shit, can't stand when someone gets involved while having "doubts".

bonus: apparently has a problem with uncircumsized dicks? That's how the whole conversation started. I shit you not.

On to the next one

eh?? Sounds like you're better off.

Van der Wiel, Yurt.
im soz it was from my twitter

this cant be happening

I know one thing from Kazakhstan.

http://www.ibtimes.com/sabina-altyn...layer-too-beautiful-volleyball-photos-1642036

Her Instagram feed is more sporty than supermodel, but critics are saying Sabina Altynbekova, a volleyball player for Kazakhstan in the Asian Under-19 Championships, is too beautiful to play.

"Honestly, I myself was very surprised," she told Vesti of her newfound fame. "I am a simple, ordinary girl from Kazakhstan, who just wants to bring his country in international competitions benefit to our country ranks high. And I was struck by the popularity."

Wilbur

Banned
Uefa have confirmed that the champions of top 7 European leagues will go into Champions League pot one next season, along with holders

FINALLY

eh?? Sounds like you're better off.

im soz it was from my twitter

That's a good way of doing it. Fuck seeds.

Meier

Good news about the pots. It's a shame they didn't implement it this year (since Chelsea will probably win the league this season), but it will help shake things up going forward.

Good news about the pots. It's a shame they didn't implement it this year (since Chelsea will probably win the league this season), but it will help shake things up going forward.

You could just have gotten Real Madrid, or Barca instead of Bayern lol

In the end this won't make a huge difference.

Wilbur

Banned
Everyone else will still have to be seeded.

Probably wont make the groups any "fairer" to the league winning sides either.

But yeah fair enough as a principle.

Should just do it so the team that finishes fourth in our league goes into pot four, third into three, etcetera. Gets confusing when you get the one team league qualifiers

But I'll work it out. Trust me.

I went on a date with a girl from Kazakhstan in high school, she had an unbelievably natural beauty to her. I don't remember why things never advanced. 🙇

LOL at caring about seeding. If you are good enough then why does it matter who you face. If you want to be champions of Europe you have to beat those put in front of you. I had never heard of any complaints about this until Man City started crying about it.

Should just do it so the team that finishes fourth in our league goes into pot four, third into three, etcetera. Gets confusing when you get the one team league qualifiers

But I'll work it out. Trust me.

and there's only 8 groups, but many more leagues. So would still have to use seeding.

Meier

You could just have gotten Real Madrid, or Barca instead of Bayern lol

In the end this won't make a huge difference.
It will prevent a side like Arsenal from being propped up though. Roma would be in pot 2 where they belong rather than in pot 4. Things like that will help in the long run. This year we wouldn't have been able to get Madrid since they are the holders. Barca would have been a possibility but Roma would not.

There should be an advantage for winning your league and instead City got paired up with 2 other winners and 1 2nd place team.

Wilbur

Banned
LOL at caring about seeding. If you are good enough then why does it matter who you face. If you want to be champions of Europe you have to beat those put in front of you. I had never heard of any complaints about this until Man City started crying about it.

They should do it like the FA cup

and there's only 8 groups, but many more leagues. So would still have to use seeding.

Look I'll work it out, ok. Give me ten minutes.

It will prevent a side like Arsenal from being propped up though. Roma would be in pot 2 where they belong rather than in pot 4. Things like that will help in the long run. This year we wouldn't have been able to get Madrid since they are the holders. Barca would have been a possibility but Roma would not.

There should be an advantage for winning your league and instead City got paired up with 2 other winners and 1 2nd place team.

Oh yeah not Madrid. But this is only for the top teams, as it says, you could still have gotten Roma from pot four.

What needs to happen is you City fans stop crying, man up, and earn your fucking points in CL.

Teams winning their own fucking leagues are Pot 1 material

NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

I agree. Copenhagen for seeding layer 1.

El Topo

Well, City has had extraordinarily bad luck these past years. Then again, City "have nothing to prove in Europe".

But if you can't get out of that group then you are clearly not good enough to win the tournament, so in the long run it doesn't matter.

I remember articles being written about what a joke that Italy were not pot 1 at the world cup, but we were not good enough to get out of our group, so being top seeded would have made no real difference in the long run

They should do it like the FA cup

You mean just having a completely random drawing?

El Topo

Meet Ajax.

Last season wasn't *that* horrific. Milan and Celtic are not exactly juggernauts. Fair enough, City's group wasn't that bad either. Now Chelsea though, their group was "piss easy".

Edit:
Going over the last few Champions League seasons, City didn't really have impossible groups actually. Huh.

Here's what they should do: Make the Champions League actually be a CHAMPIONS league. Only champions from every league. Fuck the rest.

BL0m0Nf.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vieri has to be the worst former club-legend-on-paper after Wayne Rooney? :lol

Vieri: "When it happens for Juve its that they are buying referees, when I was at Inter and we got false penalties, no one said anything! "

they can't all be Stevie G's and Agger's I suppose

Wilbur

Banned
I'd just do it so the top seven leagues get priority for what goes where (second place in the top seven leagues get a place in pot two, then the 8th league's first club gets the remaining spot). Clubs like Real - who are already in it - or Napoli - who got knocked out - then just get replaced by the next highest country's top team

Okay so this season the pots would have been:

ONE
Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Man City, Juventus, Benfica,
Bayern, CSKA

TWO
Liverpool, Roma, Barcelona, Monaco, Sporting, Dortmund, Zenit, Shakhtar

THREE
Chelsea, Porto, Schalke, Ajax, Anderlecht, Basel, Galatasaray, Olympiakos

FOUR
Arsenal, Leverkusen, Bilbao, APOEL, Maribor, Ludogoretz, BATE, Malmo

simple m8

Here's what they should do: Make the Champions League actually be a CHAMPIONS league. Only champions from every league. Fuck the rest.

BL0m0Nf.png

I would prefer this. I remember when the UEFA cup and CWC still felt prestigious too. The CL expanded ruined the rest of the European competitions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

100% agree with this.

the rest can go play their non-champions football in bukkake league where they belong

Scum

I'll tell you what UEFA should fix as soon as. That crap ass rule of 3rd placed teams in the group stages dropping into Europa League's last 32. Do away with it.

Just 1st & 2nd go through to the knockout stages. 3rd & 4th get sent packing. Should add a bit more spice to it.

Abraxas

Koscielny out for france with, i shit you not, chronic tendonitis. We are down to one experienced CB, and will be playing bellerin at RB.

fml.

I'd just do it so the top seven leagues get priority for what goes where (second place in the top seven leagues get a place in pot two, then the 8th league's first club gets the remaining spot). Clubs like Real - who are already in it - or Napoli - who got knocked out - then just get replaced by the next highest country's top team

Okay so this season the pots would have been:

ONE
Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, PSG, Man City, Juventus, Benfica,
Bayern, CSKA

TWO
Liverpool, Roma, Barcelona, Monaco, Sporting, Dortmund, Zenit, Shakhtar

THREE
Chelsea, Porto, Schalke, Ajax, Anderlecht, Basel, Galatasaray, Olympiakos

FOUR
Arsenal, Leverkusen, Bilbao, APOEL, Maribor, Ludogoretz, BATE, Malmo

simple m8

So CSKA, Monaco, and APOEL for Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned

BL0m0Nf.png

So none of your three teams would even be in it

Devastating

I'll tell you what UEFA should fix as soon as. That crap ass rule of 3rd placed teams in the group stages dropping into Europa League's last 32. Do away with it.

Just 1st & 2nd go through to the knockout stages. 3rd & 4th get sent packing. Should add a bit more spice to it.

This I absolutely agree with. Or, like above, narrow the scope of the CL and make third and fourth place clubs go into Europa from the start or something; make it a bit more prestigious.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
fuck daley blind

and fuck nintendo of america, give me my bayonetta 2 demo

It makes no difference to your chances of getting through. Those stupid pots Nate drew up can still throw out tough groups, even tougher groups potentially - so maybe a good thing.

Teams like Juve and City are going to continue to be shit in the CL - it's part of their make up.

But yeah if you win your league you get shiny pot 1 status that's fine.

Wilbur

Banned
It makes no difference to your chances of getting through. Those stupid pots Nate drew up can still throw out tough groups, even tougher groups potentially - so maybe a good thing.

Teams like Juve and City are going to continue to be shit in the CL - it's part of their make up.

But yeah if you win your league you get shiny pot 1 status that's fine.

'Stupid pots' = 'tougher group and a good thing'

I'm doing god's (or UEFA's) work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom