• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes no difference to your chances of getting through. Those stupid pots Nate drew up can still throw out tough groups, even tougher groups potentially - so maybe a good thing.

Teams like Juve and City are going to continue to be shit in the CL - it's part of their make up.

But yeah if you win your league you get shiny pot 1 status that's fine.

Err you what?

Wilbur

Banned
Also, I'm not saying that it should be easier for the clubs, that isn't why I did that. It's so clubs like Arsenal, who do the bare minimum to stay in pot one every single year for a club of their size, don't automatically stay in that pot.

Meier

Oh yeah not Madrid. But this is only for the top teams, as it says, you could still have gotten Roma from pot four.

What needs to happen is you City fans stop crying, man up, and earn your fucking points in CL.

I don't think so. As this was outlined a few months ago, the first pot would be winners of top 7 leagues + holder. 2nd pot would be a handful of 2nd place teams based on league coefficients, then the winners of the say the next 4 leagues below the top 7, etc. etc. I guess we'll just see how it all pans out.

I am mostly ambivalent about it (us winning the thing) personally. It is what it is. But a tournament called the Champions League should reward champions. So it's good that they're going to do that.

You can't have a two tiered seeding system - well you can, it's just stupid and only adds to the self management of the draw.

At the end of the day the best team usually wins the competition anyway and that'll continue to happen.

I don't think so. As this was outlined a few months ago, the first pot would be winners of top 7 leagues + holder. 2nd pot would be a handful of 2nd place teams based on league coefficients, then the winners of the say the next 4 leagues below the top 7, etc. etc. I guess we'll just see how it all pans out.

I am mostly ambivalent about it (us winning the thing) personally. It is what it is. But a tournament called the Champions League should reward champions. So it's good that they're going to do that.

None of the articles talks about second place going second pot and so on, as far as I can see. Also if we're going by the name it should only be the champions of each league.

Meier

None of the articles talks about second place going second pot and so on, as far as I can see. Also if we're going by the name it should only be the champions of each league.

Might have just been conjecture then (other pots being affected) back when this was being bandied about. I imagine though it won't be as simple as champions/holders pot 1, no other changes at all though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
m8 you need to stop quoting my posts which are meant for other people

tumblr_mcoi888DVR1ruka6fo1_500.gif

unrelated to your post, but you're the only one who appreciates these vines: https://vine.co/v/OKPmTb9Y6ia

Pennywise

Might have just been conjecture then (other pots being affected) back when this was being bandied about. I imagine though it won't be as simple as champions/holders pot 1, no other changes at all though.

Why not.
First pot as you explained and the rest solely based on the last years performance.

Kopenhagen would be always pot 4 then :<
Sorry Wooden.

Razor554

"Ronaldo has refused to receive his Golden Boot in the same ceremony as Luis Suarez. Both scored 31 league goals and will share the trophy. [md]"

Fuck sharing, give it to Suarez only. Suarez scored the same amount of goals in better league, worse team, with no penalties scored, more assists and more changes created.

"Ronaldo has refused to receive his Golden Boot in the same ceremony as Luis Suarez. Both scored 31 league goals and will share the trophy. [md]"

Fuck sharing, give it to Suarez only. Suarez scored the same amount of goals in better league, worse team, with no penalties scored, more assists and more changes created.

Ronaldo's stance on racists and not sharing the stage with them should be lauded.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I'd do the same if i wasn't allowed to bite Suarez mid-ceremony either.

It was part and parcel of the winning state of mind Fergie created at the club. I remember Robin Van Persie loving that. He told me that at Arsenal you wanted to win, but at United you had to win - it was a big difference.

Frogie ;_;

Robin :_;

Moyes ;_;

Why not.
First pot as you explained and the rest solely based on the last years performance.

Kopenhagen would be always pot 4 then :<
Sorry Wooden.

We were only one better seeded team getting beaten out IIRC, from being seeded second a few years ago. Instead we ended up being seeded third but were lucky to get shitty Panathianikos in the 2 seeding layer. We generally over the years have earned a hell lot of coefficient, it's the other teams from our league that drags us down... Like fucking Brøndby cunts.

bjaelke

We were only one better seeded team getting beaten out IIRC, from being seeded second a few years ago. Instead we ended up being seeded third but were lucky to get shitty Panathianikos in the 2 seeding layer. We generally over the years have earned a hell lot of coefficient, it's the other teams from our league that drags us down... Like fucking Brøndby cunts.

Jokes on you. We rarely qualify for Europe these days.

L1NETT

What? Why?

because the general public are morons and would rather watch people baking or fucking the only way is Chelsea shore or whatever shite gets stuck on the box

And @yurt. Not really fussed by the american version. Good luck topping the way it looks, the music, most of the acting. Ain't gonna be able to recreate that.

Oh and episode 3 of series 1? Yeah, they ain't doing that in a MILLION years. Those who have seen it know what i'm blabbin on bout

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
because the general public are morons and would rather watch people baking or fucking the only way is Chelsea shore or whatever shite gets stuck on the box

And @yurt. Not really fussed by the american version. Good luck topping the way it looks, the music, most of the acting. Ain't gonna be able to recreate that.

Oh and episode 3 of series 1? Yeah, they ain't doing that in a MILLION years. Those who have seen it know what i'm blabbin on bout

but it's Fincher! He can pull it off no worries

Wilbur

Banned

It's like you don't know who David Fincher is.

L1NETT

It's like you don't know who David Fincher is.

i think Fincher is great don't get me wrong but firstly would rather see him create something original and Utopia is such a wierd show with a unique atmosphere is seems misguided to remake it that's all

not disparaging Fincher, just think it's the wrong show to redo, not the wrong team behind it

and wooden I hate you haha :p

Yen

Does anyone have any experience with those Dictaphones that transcribe what's being recorded? I noticed a guy in front was using one and doesn't write notes, and he has the highest grades in my course. Maybe that's his secret.

Wilbur

Banned
The guy who made the social network, which was a bit poop.

Great movie.

i think Fincher is great don't get me wrong but firstly would rather see him create something original and Utopia is such a wierd show with a unique atmosphere is seems misguided to remake it that's all

not disparaging Fincher, just think it's the wrong show to redo, not the wrong team behind it

and wooden I hate you haha :p

Fincher hardly ever makes anything original :lol. Never written a script I think, he only really works on adaptations.

Can't really speak for the show though, haven't seen it. Just saying, if you're worried about how the show will look, can't pick much better. I don't like House of Cards but it looks sublime and is acted brilliantly. HBO as well, not known for their duds.

Keane going in on Fergie apparently. GOING IN.

Paper should be fun tmrw.

I liked it.

The thing he said about Fergie's little spies or whatever it was at the press conference :lol

Isn't Fincher the guy who made Alien 3.

Not really. Studio took it out of his hands and dictated exactly what it was to be.

First film as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom