• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

GorillaJu

Dark Souls is basically Stockholm Syndrome, the game. It beats you senseless until you learn its ways and love it.

And then their fans will tell everyone how awesome the game is, and the rest doesn't understand how much the game loves you even though you slammed your controller into smithereens and broke down crying after falling off a cliff last night.

Yeah, A game where everyone have to say its good, just because they have been abused by it. Neogaf is full of them.

I will kill you both.

Believe me no. Arsenal are becoming a good team with his and others addition we'll be back for sure.

Waiting another year = wasting another year in this BvB situation is whats stupid IMO

You've been 'becoming a good team' for a decade now.

Barca are one of the top 4 teams in the world. Arsenal are sitting in 5th in the PL.

Iran is through to the knockout stages in the Asian cup, yay!

FineVerifiableBunny.gif

Linius

ir80iCV.png

The timing of this photo is quite brilliant. I think the Heerenveen guy is doing the Egyptian. And Muric looks like he's doing the chicken dance.

How many matches would they have to win from here to win the tournament?

3 matches: Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final.

There's one group stage match remaining vs UAE to determine group leader, if Iran wins they face Group D's second position (Iraq) in the Quarter Finals but if they lose/draw they will face Japan, which is bad.

Facism

The combat's shit and 90% of the quests are incredibly tedious, Game of the Year.

Don't think I'll ever get back to it tbh, Cassandra's the only character I like from the 12 hours or so I played, and I don't really care about the lore. Made a great first impression on me though.

the dwarf was a major annoyance. I think it was his voice and giant fucking chin.

I think GAF's post-release reaction to DA:I has pretty much prevented me from playing it.

GAF is weird, every game is GOAT for the first few weeks and then their real opinion emerges later on when buyer's remorse kicks in

Indeed. I don't trust the wider gaf opinion, too many people eager to be part of the Next Big Thing (tm) and leech off it like it adds to their personal posting prestige.

I think there's like 5 people on gaf that i know i can trust when it comes to actual honest opinion on new releases.

3 matches: Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final.

There's one group stage match remaining vs UAE to determine group leader, if Iran wins they face Group D's second position (Iraq) in the Quarter Finals but if they lose/draw they will face Japan, which is bad.

Damn

Iran so far away

not even sorry

Phlebas

Banned
United vs. Real vs. PSG. The summer bidding war for Pogba should be one for the ages. Not a cent under 100M€, Marry!

I pledged for the PoE CE, so the buying part is long done. My heart tells me PoE first, my brain is telling me to wait for Obsidian to release a couple of patches. 'Cause, you know, Obisidian, so there'll be bugs. :D

I was too late to pledge for PoE, will likely be Bloodborne for me until I can see post release gameplay of PoE.

GAF help me.

Job 1: My current school. an extra hour a day, will get an extra week vacation, 240quid extra a month, more responsibility, in a great location, but I hate it. I will get around 6000 quid severance in 2016.

Job 2: new school, same hours I am doing now, same pay, great apartment, decent location, and less responsibilities. I will get 4000 quid severance next month.

Elchele

I thought 'Left Behind' was going to be shit, but its so good

GAF help me.

Job 1: My current school. an extra hour a day, will get an extra week vacation, 240quid extra a month, more responsibility, in a great location, but I hate it. I will get around 6000 quid severance in 2016.

Job 2: new school, same hours, same pay, great apartment, decent location, and less responsibilities. I will get 4000 quid severance next month.

I don't know what severance is
what do you study anyway?

I thought 'Left Behind' was going to be shit, but its so good

I don't know what severance is
what do you study anyway?

i am a teacher not a student lol. Severance is what you get paid when you leave your job, basically the equivalent of a months pay for every year I have worked at a school

Phlebas

Banned
GAF help me.

Job 2: new school, same hours I am doing now, same pay, great apartment, decent location, and less responsibilities. I will get 4000 quid severance next month.

Sounds like option #2 would make you happier m8.

What's the point of making more money if you're miserable.

Wilbur

Banned
GAF help me.

Has to be 2. Being happier's more important.

Sounds like option #2 would make you happier m8.

What's the point of making more money if you're miserable.

Has to be 2. Being happier's more important.

It really will make me happier, but I hate letting people down, which will happen to two really good people at my current school.

I had a phone interview with the guy today and it sounds like it is basically mine for the taking. I just have to go in and have a look around on Tuesday.

Plus, there is another Arsenal fan there :)))

Phlebas

Banned
It really will make me happier, but I hate letting people down, which will happen to two really good people at my current school.

I had a phone interview with the guy today and it sounds like it is basically mine for the taking. I just have to go in and have a look around on Tuesday.

Take care of yourself first, if they're friends they should understand.

Linius

These rumours going around about Sony wanting to sell the Xperia line and/or Bravia line are making me sad. Please buy Sony phones :(

Take care of yourself first, if they're friends they should understand.

One is a friend and it will basically be us two running the English department for some 400 students. The other is the principal who really wants me to stay and doing everything she can do get my the pay I want from the owner. The

These rumours going around about Sony wanting to sell the Xperia line and/or Bravia line are making me sad. Please buy Sony phones :(

I love my z2.

Sony need to concentrate on just a few models of Xperias and Bravias, and make them a premium product that stands out from the rest. They can't compete with the cheapness of Korea and China, but Sony always was associated with quality when I was growing up. I would gladly pay for a premium Bravia if it stood out from the rest.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Sony's problem is they still think they're a premium brand but everyone caught up (and in many cases passed them) years ago.

If I was looking at TVs or whatever and the Sony one was competivily priced I'd look at it but nine times out of ten they aren't even in the equation.

Linius

To be fair, ever since they got rid of Ericsson their phones have been received very positive. The low, mid and high tier ones. But I guess it's mostly the low and mid tier that don't sell too well since the competition is high and Sony is not cheap. The Z-line is probably easily the best line of high end Android devices out there. Imo only Nexus and HTC can compete. Yet everone buys a fucking Samsung, now that pisses me off
b2fEmg3.png

Bold One

Sony's problem is they still think they're a premium brand but everyone caught up (and in many cases passed them) years ago.

If I was looking at TVs or whatever and the Sony one was competivily priced I'd look at it but nine times out of ten they aren't even in the equation.

I still view Sony as premium because unlike the other manufacturers who 'caught up' their shit doesnt break as often and their design is superb, they are a poorly managed and bloated corporation though.

I think Sony should rebrand Bravia, and just focus on two model lines. An incredible high end one in different sizes, and a medium range one that will compete with Samsung and LG. Just basically try and be Apple. I don't want to see 10 different ranges of Tvs, two is enough IMO

Also, they need to just have the Z range, because even Samsung are suffering now and they have a huge range of phones.

I do feel sorry for them. Just when they start getting TVs profitable again, the phone market crashes and they suffer huge losses, when 12 months earlier they were expecting huge profits IIRC in their annual report.

how is anyone even entertaining the idea of wenger spending 60 million in fucking janurary?

I teach my students it in maths. How much does what the papers say we will spend minus the actual amount equal?

Mista

Banned
You've been 'becoming a good team' for a decade now.

Barca are one of the top 4 teams in the world. Arsenal are sitting in 5th in the PL.

Yeah but we failed at becoming now. I feel this time we will become one. With Alexis, Ozil, the other talents and whatever top class players coming I think we will be something.

GorillaJu

Sony selling Bravia would be a bummer, but maybe whoever takes it on can keep it going as it is now, because from what I've tested they're at a perfect price:performance level right now.

Meier

In terms of number and overall quality of games, DS was maybe my favorite system ever.

Everything about Splatoon, especially the art design, looks wonderful.

Elchele

In terms of number and overall quality of games, DS was maybe my favorite system ever.

Everything about Splatoon, especially the art design, looks wonderful.

I never liked the DS (owned the first model) because of the two screen thing. It seems completely moronic and pointless.

I loved the GBA. Tons of games, and specially loved the GBmicro

Bold One

I bought the Xperia Z a year ago, and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned, suspect battery life though

Lol at gaming side trying so hard to claim esport is a legit sport.

Linius

I think Sony should rebrand Bravia, and just focus on two model lines. An incredible high end one in different sizes, and a medium range one that will compete with Samsung and LG. Just basically try and be Apple. I don't want to see 10 different ranges of Tvs, two is enough IMO

Also, they need to just have the Z range, because even Samsung are suffering now and they have a huge range of phones.

Two lines for phones could work too. Just have the Z family for high end. And come up with a mid range line that can compete with the mid range smartphones from other brands. But it will have to be a fairly cheap one if they want it to work. According to trend watchers the budget smartphones are much more popular these days anyways. So sole focus on high end would be suicide.

Top Bottom