• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Capcom Cup champion NuckleDu retires from competitive gaming following car accident

Nymphae

Banned

7-former-capcom-cup-champion-nuckledu-retires-competitive-gaming-f.jpg

Du "NuckleDu" Dang announced via his Twitter account last night that he will seemingly retire from competitive gaming effective immediately.

The announcement came four days after the 2016 Capcom Cup champion was reported to have been injured in an accident on July 2.

"I will be putting my controller down now," said Dang in his update. "Furthermore, I will step away from social media in general since I can't offer you guys anything anymore. Life is short and unforgiving. Call loved ones, make amends, go outside, and don't let social media consume you. Take care. <3"

NuckleDu's friend and training partner, Kevin "DualKevin" Barrios, initially reported Dang had been involved in a "really bad car crash" though no details on the incident are publicly available.

kmWrwgU.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that's a shame. The car accident was out of nowhere and super alarming; I'm glad he's okay and making a gradual recovery,

He's 100% right about social media; it ain't worth shit. The only thing that fuels it these days is negativity, so unless you actually need to use it for self-promotion (or just keeping in touch with distant family and friends, arguably there are better ways to do that than posting publicly on Twitter or FB), why bother?

I'm gonna miss his presence in the FGC; easily one of the best Western newcomers alongside Punk, Idom etc. and arguably best Guile outside of Diago. He seemed pretty ready for CPT this year, but family and personal duties/health/happiness always come first.

EDIT: Also granted I know the recovery process will prevent them from competing this year, but this sounds like a permanent decision he'll probably stick with even after the recovery period.

Last edited:

mekes

Awesome player, he will be missed. Physical and mental health should always come before anything else. It’s a weird time to be a new parent but throwing a serious car crash on top of that, I’m not surprised at this news. I hope he can make a full recovery and enjoy his family.

carlosrox

Banned
He's just doing this to avoid getting canceled for something he did I bet.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.rsquare.w700.jpg

;)

Era, do your thang!

------

Seriously though, probably a good move if he feels life has been passing him by. Dunno who this as I don't follow this kind of stuff but hopefully things work out for him. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive. Cool if he makes the most of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom