• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for PC spotted on Amazon.fr

TheOddOne

iuvTP7XI4ksqJ.png

iNMeq3Jq69E8p.png

:\

Nzyme32

I am one that doesn't think PC hurts Xbox sales too much, but highly doubt you see this in 1-2 months, if ever.

But with Windows 10 and crossbuy, it could be benefit both Xbox owners and PC owners, increase sales of software and turn a forum negative into a positive if people who bought them also get them on PC for free and vice versus.

Yeah I agree. I doubt this is anytime soon, but it is likely. Also actually facilitating both platforms with something like cross purchasing or something akin to SteamPlay, would add value to both PC and Xbox users

Begaria

Yeah, I don't think that's happening. If it did happen, it'd likely be next year with Windows 10 and some kind of unifying factor across Xbox One and Windows 10.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It's a mistake.

That said, I would maybe go for SO on Steam, seems like a game that would benifit greatly from 1080p/4K..

Though I may just get it for my XBO to say I actually have some XBO games...

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd be so pissed if we got Horizon but not Motorsport.

Honestly, I'd probably pay over $100 for Forza Motorsport on PC.

Illucio

Banned
I can play Sunset Overdrive on the PC?

SWEET. I will connect my PC with the PS4 controller and weap on what should had been.

Probably a mistake for now, but where there's smoke. It's not like there will be a whole lot of people running out to buy XBO's for SO in a year's time anyway.

Caayn

Would be pretty interesting to see if this is the way MS plans to secure its foothold in the OS market now that Xbox is losing marketshare.

Noobcraft

As an Xbox owner I'd be cool with letting PC guys have some Motorsport love. There is a build that runs on PC that Microsoft has set up at events. As long as I get the chance to play with the PC guys (really no disadvantage in racers so why not?)

Denton

Meh, for Motorsport-like there will be Project Cars and many other great racing sims...

but for Forza Horizon style racing (more casual, open world, exotic) we only have Crew and that doesn't seem so hot :(
Personally I would definitely prefer Horizon. Both would be ideal obviously.

deeptech

nah , i don't see this happening this soon.. its way too soon
what , they suddenly decided to screw xb1 sales and go all in with pc gaming?

Ploid 3.0

Looking forward to Sunset Overdrive with all of the good word of mouth I will actually get it if it comes to PC.

Vanquish and Bayonetta 1 please SEGA!

Caayn

Dont they have the os market on lock?
Jup. And that's exactly the reason why, no one wants to loose such a position. They're starting to loose grip on that market now that software is becoming more and more cloud based and independent of the users OS.

Would be pretty interesting to see if this is the way MS plans to secure its foothold in the OS market now that Xbox is losing marketshare.

It already has the OS market and no imminent threats on any side. Windows gaming is something they do want to support to some degree, but they are already the PC gaming platform. Every third party game that comes to PC is coming to Windows. Hundreds of new games every year. OSX and Linux are total jokes by comparison. MS doesn't need to do anything specific to perpetuate this beyond continuing to release Direct X, gamepad drivers and such.

Releasing Xbox exclusives on PC would be purely to make money from sales, not as a strategic move to secure Windows dominance or such.

Kinda interesting that Microsoft is listed for the PC version of Sunset. They usually choose not to publish the PC version of first party games when they don't own the IP (Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, Ryse, etc), with Gears 1 being the exception. Obviously these listings are a mistake though.

"it's staying on xbox, promise"
so the insomniac employee lied to me on twitter?

damn son i gave him my money....and he spat in my face.

fiddy.gif

Top Bottom