• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Sordid

Is there a way to choose which area to race in online? Everytime I select Nice from the map it joins road trips in other places.

Spent ages trying last night and only got Nice once, I just wanted to do some city races :(

I bought this game today and downloading it now. I didn't enjoy Forza 5 much but I played the Horizon 2 demo and loved it. I'm not too big into racing games but I would love to drive with some fellow gaffers. Gamertag is SoldierIce64.
Thanks. :)

Online multiplayer has a cheat that I hope Playground Games will fix.

Basically if you hit an xp board during a "drive to event" section, the xp you get adds to your multiplayer xp total in that match. So if you hit a 15000 xp board, you can jump straight to first without even going to the destination. Basically you can ignore everybody and just go after xp boards to win a multiplayer game.

Please fix this Turn 10/ Playground Games!

Bessy67

btw, guys I will be preparing some tuned vehicles for the club later today.
example, my s1 audi rs4, which seem to be a great all around competition car online, and my s2 veyron. hell, even my a class rs5. it sure seems to run good when playing online.
to get this upgrades & tunes, when on the specific car go to upgrades and seach either for "gaf" in the description or my name in the creator field
Nice, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with tuning and would greatly appreciate some well tuned cars. Thanks.

shermas

Nice, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with tuning and would greatly appreciate some well tuned cars. Thanks.

If you've already hit all the boards, you can't take advantage of this, right? They're gone after you hit them once, online or off...

Anion

I have always tuned my cars since Forza 3. The funny is that I haven't done any tuning yet in FH2. I probably should though cause some of my cars need work lol

p3tran

Banned
P3tran, are you taking request for tunes? I really like my mercs but I know nothing about tuning.
sure, just tell me which model and what target category.
then, also tell me if you prefer to retain stock feeling (but more powerful) or go for a racing machine.

Trying out your Veyron and it feels so much better than the stock setup I was using.
better than stock is a given. I hope it proves competitive and usable for your online battles.
all three cars are aimed for that. (well, not for dragster)

edit: about veyron specifically, I put her on diet, but she is still a heavy girl. if you treat her gently before turns and enter at trajectory, she can out-torque and out accelerate everything coming out of them turns.. ;)

Micerider

everybody who hasn't got access to the game's ladder, say hello to segaswirl, one of the most competitive players in the forza gang.
sporting over 3 million points, only for this week.

man = machine
:D

Haha, and I was almost proud that I reached Tier 3'this week... Well every contribution helps at least :)

Good job Segaswirl!

Segaswirl

everybody who hasn't got access to the game's ladder, say hello to segaswirl, one of the most competitive players in the forza gang.

man = machine

lol thanks, it's been fun racing with you. I'll be sure to try out your setups.

I have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to tuning.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does it ever unlock simply picking races, or are you always road trip-drive to events- return to base- rinse/repeat?

Now and then when I just want to churn through some races it can be annoying to have to do road trips - sometimes long ones deoending where I want to go - with no fast travel

The road trip format is used throughout the singleplayer and multiplayer game.

I think Rivals is the only aspect of the game where you can just pick courses.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The road trip format is used throughout the singleplayer and multiplayer game.

I think Rivals is the only aspect of the game where you can just pick courses.

Bah. I'm going to have to memorise the town locations or draw a little map so I can keep the distances as short as possible.

mike4001_

After most people claiming that the Lancia Delta S4 Through Forest Night Bucket List was impossible, I finally gave it a shot.

Took me one try with a couple of rewinds, nothing special. Unless there's a bonus or something for not using rewind, it was pretty easy.

Problem is you shouldn´t drive the presented route and also turn left while you are still on the "stone plates", then just find the fastest way through the forest (with rewinds if you hit a tree) and then follow the road.

Finished it with 2-3 Seconds to go.

p3tran

Banned
Does it ever unlock simply picking races, or are you always road trip-drive to events- return to base- rinse/repeat?

Now and then when I just want to churn through some races it can be annoying to have to do road trips - sometimes long ones deoending where I want to go - with no fast travel

sure it does!

hit menu, goto rivals section, and then you have basically 4 categories:

1- Festival Routes
here you pick the city then you have the list of all the events for that city. choose, click, bam!
example: Nice // Nice Massena // Parc Cirquit.

2- Showcase Events
trains, planes and batmobiles, its all there.

3- Your Personal Rivals
did your friend just beat you on that laptime? or that nobody who is just climbing up the ladders? show them both!
(btw DarinSRT just beat my D class alpina with a fuckin' ....60's vw portable home? gonna be bloody :D )

4- Monthly Rivals
specific rivarly courses, set by pg. self explanatory

Boy this game is really incredible.

Those city parts (Nice) are just pure PGR.

I am actually surprisingly a little disappointed that Hospital Radio is a little heavy in their more "muscular" tracks, and not enough of that dreamy Etherwood style stuff.

But if you'd told me with Hospital and Ninja Tune, my favorite song would be off Horizon Bass, I'd have been like STFU but Kidnap Kid's "Survive" is the JAM OF THE FESTIVAL.

I don't know how much it's actually bigger than 1 but God it FEELS so much bigger. It was when I first hit the highway I was like damn it feels like this is a really big game.

VinFTW

The Veneno is great but man... Mclaren P1 is my favorite car in the game so far.

Can't stop playing this game. GOTY so far for sure. Trying to get my purple wrist band today. (I think it's purple, level 80).

anthonyOA

Can I ask a stupid question (?) i'm going to anyway.

Do my single player exp go towards the GAF/Club overall exp? How can I get more for GAF exp? Purely online racing?

Apart from that this might be my favourite racer ever. Including RSC2. It's bloody addictive and so full. Everything is full, realised and beautiful. I can't recommend this game enough for those on the fence. Pure fun, on and offline.

Since the October update my controller has kept cutting out though... Brilliant otherwise.

timlot

Banned
I find the road trip aspect of multiplayer to be fascinating. I didn't play a lot of racing games last gen so don't know if there were games with a similar seamless multiplayer experience. I can play it for hours because the pace doesn't slow down with lobbies and such. Really gener defining for a racing game.

HeliosT10

Was going to vote FH2 but saw that Xbox Fitness was an option so... Maybe next year ;)

That's just Insanity!! :p

xbox_fitness_insanity.jpg

DJ Gunner

I've just recently discovered the addiction that is online in this game, and I'm playing entirely too much. I'm in a club but I'm really the only active member, and would like to join the GAF crew.

DJ Gunner
Xbox One
EDT (-5:00) US

zorbsie

sure it does!
1- Festival Routes
here you pick the city then you have the list of all the events for that city. choose, click, bam!
example: Nice // Nice Massena // Parc Cirquit.

Did not know about this. Very cool.

man = machine

Seriously, Segaswirl doesn't know when to quit. I thought I could catch him, but he's in orbit with that score of his. Maybe next week.

P3tran, for the tune B or A class Mercedes 190E. Racing all the way. I've been using it online now, but haven't been too competitive with it. Work your magic please.

p3tran

Banned
ok, try the B class. good thing with this particular mercedes is that it is already race-worthy.
search for GAF ZORBS. you let me know how it feels and we take it from there.

TMWNN35

I do my own tunes there isnt really to much to it for the majority of cars.

Front camber -2.5 to -3
Rear Camber -1.5 to -2

For FWD or 4WD cars set the rear sway bar to be a good whack firmer than the front one, this reduces understeer. For oversteery RWD cars I set both swaybars about the same. If I am tweaking an overpowered RWD car I often drop the rear tyre pressure a couple of notches to help it hook up.

As above for front and rear shock stiffness.

Finally if you find the you aren't spending much time in your top gear, ramp up the final drive ratio of the gearbox, this is pretty much the key to massively improving the acceleration for class C and B cars and it works well for much of class A too. This can really help in online races to step out to the front of the pack from the get go and avoid the destruction derby behind you.

That will give you a pretty good baseline tune most of the time, it will always be better than the stock tune. The racing gearbox and adjusting your ratios will give you a lot more speed without bumping your cars rating very much, its a must have.

Korosenai

Online road trip the same as doing a road trip in game, you just do 4 races then go to a different location, do 4 races, etc.

Online free roam you can just drive around doing whatever you want. I believe you can still get the bonus boards (might be wrong) and you can do the co-op bucket lists. Also, anyone can start a game at any of the locations and you just do that race.

Awesome, thanks! Sounds like i'll be sticking with road trip.

Also Brad, you're my rival after almost every single race I play haha. Your drivatar is pretty good.

So, I decided to risk it and downloaded the game over the last day. It finished tonight.

You were right about it just being about 36.5gb, because that's all it says it was. However, what I never thought about was that it would download the October update at the same time. When I saw that the dash had changed, I was worried I'd gone over and would have to pay overage fees. However, I checked my bandwidth usage, and I barely made it. I used 139.2gb out of 140 available gigabytes on my cap. My usual is about 52.

I'd downloaded and beat the game for review, but had to send my system in so I lost the download/install.

Lego Boss

Played this game over the weekend for the first time and boy did I spend a lot of time on it!

It's so generous and the world is a masterpiece of design (barelling down the river bed, or insane air at the aerodrome) and the way it all links together into one coherent whole certainly makes it one of thew best open-world games of all time for me.

Haven't reached the point yet where clubs are opened up, but if anyone would like to add me:

GT: axlewade
Console: X0

Nice.

Finally started tonight. I had done a few races before but decided to start fresh. I'm not very good at racing games but I wanted to stay on default difficulty and I did ok. On the bucket list when you drive the Mclaren. Holy shit that car is fast. Lol I am really glad I picked this up. I love exclusives.

Grassy

Finally finished all Bucket List events yesterday, and I've hit tier 7 in Forza Rewards. I have had so much fun with this game, and I still can't stop playing it. Photomode is a huge time-sink for me too.

Game of the fucking year.

AMUSIX

So, one minor nitpick, but this goes for almost all racing games out there.

This is the Driver's Championship results for the 2013 WTCC season:
Q78bTm3.png

First, you have to ignore Muller, because he is some sort of supernatural being, and took 1st seven times, but he also came in 4th, 5th, 7th, and retired.

More importantly, looking at Tarquini, he only stood on the podium a third of all his races, retired three times, didn't even race once, and still came in second. Nash was only there in a fifth of his races.

This is how a championship standing is supposed to look. Yes, you have gods like Muller, but even gods end up coming in 5th place a few times. Instead, Forza Horizon 2 (and, really, every racing game out there) has it where AI1 comes in 1st in every race, AI2 comes in second, and so on. This means that if you place second in every race of a championship, what should be an amazing feat, you're still going to lose on points to the one guy who always comes in first.

Also, I hate that the AI doesn't need to hit the checkpoints. Just frustrating to see that you're bound by different rules than every other car on the track.

Q78bTm3.png

First, you have to ignore Muller, because he is some sort of supernatural being, and took 1st seven times, but he also came in 4th, 5th, 7th, and retired.

More importantly, looking at Tarquini, he only stood on the podium a third of all his races, retired three times, didn't even race once, and still came in second. Nash was only there in a fifth of his races.

This is how a championship standing is supposed to look. Yes, you have gods like Muller, but even gods end up coming in 5th place a few times. Instead, Forza Horizon 2 (and, really, every racing game out there) has it where AI1 comes in 1st in every race, AI2 comes in second, and so on. This means that if you place second in every race of a championship, what should be an amazing feat, you're still going to lose on points to the one guy who always comes in first.

Also, I hate that the AI doesn't need to hit the checkpoints. Just frustrating to see that you're bound by different rules than every other car on the track.

I haven't experienced this in FH2

jem0208

Q78bTm3.png

I'd say Horizon is pretty good in this regard. The top 3-4 are usually the same people but they swap positions around a lot. There's also been a few times where the person who got first in the least 2 races ends up 5th or something.

AMUSIX

I find I'm always only racing against one driver. If I screw up one race, then I almost always have to win the fourth to keep from coming in second.

Lego Boss

Q78bTm3.png

Not really feeling this. AI seems to be quite varied in finishing positions (same can't be said for start positions), but the races feel natural and flow well between the racers, with lots of errors made (as you would expect with drivatar).

Loving this game too much.

Prototype

So close to earning the 1.5 mil for my Mclaren F1 that I can smell it. Got distracted by x-men coming out and bloodrayne going on sale at psn.

Top Bottom