• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

I'm starting get frustrated in the off-road aspect of this game and it's cross country challenges. I try to drive 1st person in races (like to cruise around in 3rd person), but it's happened so many times when going through fields and shit that I completely lose the checkpoint. Just give me point to point race's on the country roads.

Absolutely adore every other aspect of the game, but man the cross country stuff drives me nuts. For what it's worth, I drive with abs off, steering at simulation, tcs off, scs off, auto, and sim tire. I suppose that could make that aspect of the game difficult.

Edit: Scratch all that. It was because I was using the Rally Fighter. I did everything just fine in a Raptor. Any of you guys know what the general consensus is for setting up a car for off-road? I wanted to make a Jeep TJ similar to my own with taller springs, shocks, long-arms, and taller tires just to crawl around. Is it best to leave the stock tires on or go for the performance ones even though they are smaller? Same question for the springs and shocks.

Trying to decide whether or not I should pick up an Xbone solely for this game. I have a PS4, PC, etc. so the Xbone would be for exclusives only and, unfortunately, there aren't many I'm interested in which is the reason why I ended up returning my launch day console last year.

Would this game be worth the $400 price tag until more exclusives are released, or should I wait a bit longer?

Installed base is pretty big right now; if you buy it later, there might be less people playing so you might have a harder time in online matchmaking. At least that's how it goes in my experience (when buying a game past its prime)

Jrs3000

I saw this gif and couldn't help but laugh. Just thought I'd share.

2657582-hujljys.gif

aaronwt

I've won 30 championships, and then when I lost my first one the Horizon Finale appeared

I made a video

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...fied&vid=db523899-0dd1-4f84-8310-6a24138c8bed

So maybe losing a championship makes it appear or it's just a bug?

The first Finale is after 15 championships. The second Finale is after another 15 championships. Didn't you see it count down one more after winning each championship? The countdown starts at 15 and after each championship it counts down one. I still have seven more championships left to get to the second Finale.

jesu

The first Finale is after 15 championships. The second Finale is after another 15 championships. Didn't you see it count down one more after winning each championship? The countdown starts at 15 and after each championship it counts down one. I still have seven more championships left to get to the second Finale.

I did the second finale, Ben came 3rd.
In my stats my total championships completed is at 31.
When you hit 30 you shouldn't be able to do anymore until you do the 2nd finale.

So I've did the 2nd finale, failed the next championship I tried and somehow got to do the 2nd finale again.
I don't mind, it's probably just a bug/glitch.

Ape

Banned
I think i'm going to pick up horizon 2 when I get an xbox again. to hell with everything. horizon 2, halo and sunset overdrive should be all i need for a long time.

Kssio_Aug

I think i'm going to pick up horizon 2 when I get an xbox again. to hell with everything. horizon 2, halo and sunset overdrive should be all i need for a long time.

And soon Quantum Break, Forza M.6 and Halo 5. So I guess next year wont be bad either.

Ditto. Although Destiny might have permanently overtaken MCC for me already. We'll have to see. With digi it's so easy to impulse buy, so I doubt I'll last long without it.

p3tran

Banned
Ditto. Although Destiny might have permanently overtaken MCC for me already. We'll have to see. With digi it's so easy to impulse buy, so I doubt I'll last long without it.
destiny is 30fps
mcc is 60fps

if you plan to ..jump between those two games, I suspect that maybe you will come to different conclusions that what you think now.

destiny is 30fps
mcc is 60fps

if you plan to ..jump between those two games, I suspect that maybe you will come to different conclusions that what you think now.

heh maybe

anyways. THIS game is the best.

Like in FH1, I find myself experiencing different cars a lot more compared to FM5. Which is weird because I'm sure there are a lot more noticeable differences between cars in a more realistic game. But a more forgiving game like this really lets me cut loose with cars and, I don't know, experience them more? I can't really pin it down, but I'm actually excited after finishing a championship because it means I get to start a new one and buy a totally different type of car and give it a spin.

It also helps that there are so many different kinds of races and environments.

This game really delivers.

Jube3

I finally decided to revisit my Iron Man 3 paint from FM2. I've been telling myself I was going to remake this for years, I finally sat down and started to make it.

Here is my current work in progress, about 4 hours in so far (800 layers so pretty heavy already). I'm thinking another 7 hours or so to finish it up.
15569978606_3f77168e2b_b.jpg

I finally decided to revisit my Iron Man 3 paint from FM2. I've been telling myself I was going to remake this for years, I finally sat down and started to make it.

Here is my current work in progress, about 4 hours in so far (800 layers so pretty heavy already). I'm thinking another 7 hours or so to finish it up.

Damn dude, that already looks amazing.

Jube3

It looks finished. Great job.

Thanks guys! The outline is pretty much done but I have to add the highlights and shadows to the rest of the armor. Most of the head is done but the gold is a bit dull at the moment. I then have to make the logos, arc reactor and stuff that will go on the car.

iiicon

I just picked up a copy of this game even though my Xbox One isn't due to arrive until next Tuesday. I haven't played any Forza game - never owned a 360 - but I've always liked what I've seen of both Motorsport and Horizon from afar. Hopefully this lives up to my expectations.

Quick question: does this game (or the system, I guess) support custom soundtracks? Because I've built up a rather large driving playlist on my PS3 and it'd be a shame if I couldn't use that in my first next-gen racer. I know the October system update added some media streaming functionality but I'm not entirely clear what that entails.

TMWNN35

No joy still sits on the load screen doing nothing.

I'm going to leave it for the weekend and hopefully it will work on Monday on my work xbox, I'll be supremely pissed if my save is stuffed though :/

For anyone interested When I got to my second xbox my save was intact and fine but my original xb1 would not load it and would still hang on the loading screen. Last night a bit the bullet and re-downloaded the game and now everything is all working again.

Now just need the silent GTR bug fixed and I'll be happy as Larry.

Ape

Banned

How is this possible

Kssio_Aug

Youre a trully professional! Thats amazing! If you told me that was already fully done, I would believe and still be amazed!

Anion

^Nice pics lol

Thats awesome! The most I can do is stripes

Klocker

Anyone ever have the game not give them their club credit bonus when moving up a tier?

Just happened to me.

Hit the number, moved over a tier and no pop up and no added credits.

Edit, unless it popped up during the race and I just didn't notice and maybe miscalculated how much $ I had to start?

RoKKeR

Oy, the P1 is so fucking sweet. Almost to the finale, only one championship to go.

Also, any word on how this game is doing in terms of sales? I've heard things maybe look bleak from NPD but it's staying up there in the activity charts on XB1... consistently above Ghosts for some time now.

big_z

best buy sent me an extra code for the 2013 AUDI RS4 AVANT, I know the 2013 BMW M6 coupe goes for at least $20 but is the avant code as rare?

As the 400 others have said, and I'm sure you don't get sick of hearing it.. .That's some great shit right there man! You should have people pay pal you money to make them Marvel cars! :D Ha ha

Darklord

Banned
Is the GAF club full? I got the game the other day and an XB1 so if there's room I'd like to join. Do I need to send a request or be invited?

best buy sent me an extra code for the 2013 AUDI RS4 AVANT, I know the 2013 BMW M6 coupe goes for at least $20 but is the avant code as rare?

If you want one of those RS4 codes to go to a good cause, I'm willing to offer anything up to $0.00 and my undying gratitude.

As if that weren't enough, I'll throw in a Gallardo Superleggera code too because I'm a swell guy.

Flunkie

Banned
You guys. This game has made me fall in love with behind the wheel view. I've always hated it in other games and much preferred third person because I like to see my car and feel like it gives me much better peripheral advantage, but behind the wheel in this game is so damn fun! Do all the Forza games have this good of a camera? I've felt like all behind the wheel cameras I've ever tried before felt so sterile, and Horizon 2's subtle nuances like the wheel shaking is pretty realistic to real life (you never have a perfectly steady wheel) and especially in a high-speed racing game. So great. So fun. I'm so glad I bought an Xbone for this game. And dat soundtrack.

Krilekk

Banned
Oy, the P1 is so fucking sweet. Almost to the finale, only one championship to go.

Also, any word on how this game is doing in terms of sales? I've heard things maybe look bleak from NPD but it's staying up there in the activity charts on XB1... consistently above Ghosts for some time now.

The P1 and LaFerrari are actually driveable. Unlike Forza 5 where they were the worst.

Top Bottom