• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

The car I have the most fun with, on or off road is the 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution.

Here is one of my favorite races, in part because the music is so perfect for the frenzy. I drop back to 12th early, as I really suck, but I battle to a position in which I think I am going to win, and then blow it. The music appropriates changes to sad, even as th narrator tells me a I suck at the end. Probably the most fun I've had in finishing in last ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUeP37dCyN0

HeliosT10

Something about the new bucket list challenges that might be missed.

Some of these new Bucket List challenges feature DLC cars, including cars from the Falken Car Pack like the Alfa Romeo 4C and the Lamborghini Jalpa. Here's something you might not know: You don't need to own the DLC packs or the DLC cars themselves in order to do these challenges! Even if you don't own any Forza Horizon 2 DLC, you can hop right in any Bucket List Challenge right away and take that car for a spin in the event as many times as you like.

zorbsie

Something about the new bucket list challenges that might be missed.

Some of these new Bucket List challenges feature DLC cars, including cars from the Falken Car Pack like the Alfa Romeo 4C and the Lamborghini Jalpa. Here's something you might not know: You don't need to own the DLC packs or the DLC cars themselves in order to do these challenges! Even if you don't own any Forza Horizon 2 DLC, you can hop right in any Bucket List Challenge right away and take that car for a spin in the event as many times as you like.

That is a really cool thing. This could have easily been a DLC only bucket list. I don't have the car pass, so I'm glad I'll be able to test out some of the cars that I don't have access to.

Love the little details in the game. Not sure if this is in the other versions of Forza, but I love the engine shake in the Z(ed)R1. Bonnet cam looks great with this car. http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2706180847518864&gamertag=Zorbs&vid=ff0019de-036a-4a51-b10b-2c12e7770d79

BradC00

Love the little details in the game. Not sure if this is in the other versions of Forza, but I love the engine shake in the Z(ed)R1.

yea i just bought that car and was in awe when i saw the engine shake at idle and whenever you shift. I wonder if they have engines in all the cars for physics and stuff :D

jesu

15 more Bucket List challenges and I've only done 5 of the originals!
I've been saving them for a rainy day...

leng jai

Started this today and it's amazing how good this looks. So much better than DriveClub.

Loving it so far.

What? There's no way Horizon looks much better than Driveclub unless all you care about is IQ. They're both stunning and flawed. The towns and buildings in Horizon for example look like PS2 quality at times. Horizon is a more consistent looking game but Driveclub can look photo-realistic at times.

15 more Bucket List challenges and I've only done 5 of the originals!
I've been saving them for a rainy day...
Most of the bucket list challenges are rainy, so, uh... there's your rainy day for you. ;)

What? There's no way Horizon looks much better than Driveclub unless all you care about is IQ. They're both stunning and flawed. The towns and buildings in Horizon for example look like PS2 quality at times. Horizon is a more consistent looking game but Driveclub can look photo-realistic at times.

I think you forget what a PS2-era game looked like.

Lego Boss

Not sure if serious.

shandy706

Slight hyperbole with the PS2 comment, but regardless the buildings in Horizon 2 all look flat and just bad in general.

When it comes to the majority of the buildings.....I disagree.

In fact, I'd say a lot of them are kind of impressive for an open world game. They could have all been just squares with textures.

:p

eqlgll.gif

cstupo.gif

afohzv.gif

Klocker

When it comes to the majority of the buildings.....I disagree.

In fact, I'd say a lot of them are kind of impressive for an open world game. They could have all been just squares with textures.

:p

exactly for 3d buildings that you can drive completely around in an open world... pretty damned sweet

Just got my Xbox One Sunset Overdrive bundle, and this was the second game I decided to play. Overall more hooked on this than SO, as it's my first Forza game. I'm not usually heavily invested into racing games, but I really like the difficulty settings in this, and now I'm slowly switching them all over to more difficult settings so I can get used to shifting manually in racing games.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't know if it's maybe a bug or something, but I can't join any online races or road trips. It says that it is busy installing, even though nothing is showing up in my Games and Apps queue or shown to be updating. It happened a few days back as well, trying to purchase a car for a championship. Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix it?

Had quite a lot of Online Road Trips for a few days now....the netcode seems more solid than when the game first launched. I'm placing in the top 5 a lot and the cars are not teleporting like crazy anymore. This is even if my internet speed is pretty bad (at 0.8Mbps upload, 3mbps download --- yes I shit you not, that's how bad internet is where I live). The cars now move properly on the roads and they don't seem to float and teleport like when the game first launched. Not enough has been said about this improvement (i guess people like to comment when there's bad news....well, here's good news for a change).

This is the best racing experience I've had since...PGR in the old 360 days? The open world actually lets you survive Turn 1 shenanigans since you can go off track to avoid the initial crash fest. It just improves the gameplay of the racing, since people (obviously) aren't going to respect racing rules. Until some type of 'flag' system can be devised, this type of game design is probably the only way to implement online racing and not be annoyed by griefers/bad drivers constantly.

Found I'm using rewind pretty regularly in off road races, without a driving line some of the courses are incredible difficult to navigate efficiently. The road races are often really well laid out though, I know there's plenty of PGR fans but Horizon's street racing blows that shit away.

zorbsie

Cross posting this from the Club thread:

OK we got the club now lets get to the racing!
roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Things to sort out before we do this:
Who's in?
When can we all get together?

We did FM5 races on Sundays at 2pm (EST). It worked out for most people. But I want to get everyone's input on this. What days/times work for the majority of folks?
We'll probably do a couple of road trips per meet up, shouldn't take more than an hour. So time commitment shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'd prefer a non-Sunday time because of football, but I have a lot of free time usually Fri - Sun.

Sunday morning would be better, but if 2pm EST is good for everyone else, I can definitely make it, but I'd have leave at around 4:15. Not sure how much we planned to race.

roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Who's in?

We did FM5 races on Sundays at 2pm (EST). It worked out for most people. But I want to get everyone's input on this. What days/times work for the majority of folks?
We'll probably do a couple of road trips per meet up, shouldn't take more than an hour. So time commitment shouldn't be too bad. Thoughts? Ideas?

It worked good for me, but doing it even an hour earlier would be a lot better. But I should be okay with whatever.

Stevey

roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Who's in?

If I'm working this out right, 2PM EST is 7PM GMT, so works fine for me in the UK.

Stevey

Is there any way to see how big the update you're downloading is?

I think it tells you before it starts downloading, not sure how to see it when it's actually downloading, I got one the other day for FH2, think it was 500MB-ish.

zorbsie

I'd prefer a non-Sunday time because of football, but I have a lot of free time usually Fri - Sun.

Sunday morning would be better, but if 2pm EST is good for everyone else, I can definitely make it, but I'd have leave at around 4:15. Not sure how much we planned to race.
If everything goes smoothly, which it never does with GAF racing, we should be all done by 3:30. I don't want it to be a super long session. If people want to hang out more and continue racing that's cool. But I don't want people to think we are going to take up 3 hours of their Sunday. Also Sunday isn't a lock, I just wanted to mention what worked in the past.

It worked good for me, but doing it even an hour earlier would be a lot better. But I should be okay with whatever.
I knew 2pm wasn't perfect for everyone. I'm more than happy to change it to 1pm. I just want to make sure that time is cool with Euro GAF.

If I'm working this out right, 2PM EST is 7PM GMT, so works fine for me in the UK.
You are correct. And like I said earlier, the main event would only be around an hour long.

Anyone else with thoughts on times or days?

BIGT468

roadtripbannerneqly.jpg

Who's in?

I'm down for any day any time.

Top Bottom