• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

JP

I'm new to this and F5 having got the Sunset Overdrive bundle on Friday. I'm wondering if there is a way to create a livery design and save it so that's useable by ALL my cars? I'd really like to do it in both games if possible.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm new to this and F5 having got the Sunset Overdrive bundle on Friday. I'm wondering if there is a way to create a livery design and save it so that's useable by ALL my cars? I'd really like to do it in both games if possible.

All obviously every car is a different shape so you can't copy entire designs but what you need to do is create a vinyl group instead of painting directly on the car. So basically like painting on a flat canvas, then you apply those to your cars.

Really want to play this game, but I don't want to buy an Xbox One. Guess I will have to play the 360 version then...

How does the 360 version fare vs the Xbox One version, overall? Based on some YT videos, surprised to see that the difference in image quality is minimal (given generational gap of 8 years) and that they both use the same map.

JLeack

Banned
Really want to play this game, but I don't want to buy an Xbox One. Guess I will have to play the 360 version then...

How does the 360 version fare vs the Xbox One version, overall? Based on some YT videos, surprised to see that the difference in image quality is minimal (given generational gap of 8 years) and that they both use the same map.

The 360 version isn't even the same game. The Xbox One version is superior in every way.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

No to both of those things, IQ isn't comparable at all and they are not using the exact same map. It's similar but not the same.

B4D1E

After a week of not playing the game, yesterday I launched it to check my forza rewards. Oh boy, what a surprise I got: a Lamborghini Veneno. What a beast!!! I couldn't put down the controller and played until 5 in the morning.

BradC00

About to round that 100 championships won milestone. Having a blast, but wish that this far into the game you didn't have to drive between cities, lol.

also, this happened today to me. :D

That was spectacular!

Can this guy please make a wild movie-like car chase scene?

Holy shit, I never realized how badly I wanted that until now. I want to see someone take the E28 M5 and do a police chase ala Transporter.

Goddam I wish I wasn't so shit with editing or I would try it myself.

HeliosT10

Yeah, DomesticMango is massively talented and after meeting him for ForzaFUEL a really nice guy to boot. @Xbox/@XboxUK/@ForzaMotorsport/@Aceybongos have now tweeted about this, plus if you're from the UK & Ireland you'll see it featured on the Xbox dash as the featured Top Story. Least we can do to promote someone who's so passionate about our games and produces such amazing content.

Here's another one of his recent videos I've really enjoyed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS62buUUOFY

And another, why not :p - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axuSz_5sKZw

any news on the new car pack?

Not long to wait now :)

Hey guys, my missus is thoroughly enjoying her playthrough on this, however, she has a question:

*passes keyboard to said missus*

Hello GAF - why can't I find all of the XP and Fast Travel boards? It says it's still got more than half to reveal, but I've already done two finales and level 144. Any ideas? They're not appearing on the map.

Thanks!

Hey guys, my missus is thoroughly enjoying her playthrough on this, however, she has a question:

*passes keyboard to said missus*

Hello GAF - why can't I find all of the XP and Fast Travel boards? It says it's still got more than half to reveal, but I've already done two finales and level 144. Any ideas? They're not appearing on the map.

Thanks!
There's an absolute shitload of them that aren't even remotely near roads. They're nefarious, well-hidden little things. If you're a completionist then your best bet is to look at a discovery map.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Does anyone know who can invite people to the GAF forza car club? I just got this and have been trying to reach ANYBODY to get an invite but no one is really responsive. Any Ideas?

ultrazilla

Started this today and it's amazing how good this looks. So much better than DriveClub.

Loving it so far.

Agreed. I picked up a new Xbox One Assassin's Creed Unity bundle Sunday and Forza Horizons 2 with it.

Traded in Driveclub towards Forza. What a massive let down Driveclub was.

Forza is everything I WANTED Driveclub to be.........

Looks as good if not better than Driveclub imho as well.

Fox Mulder

except the actual driving of TDU 1 & 2 was nowhere close to either Forza Horizon game.

I very much wish FH2 had the features of TDU, but as a driving game, it just wasn't good enough at the driving part.

sure, Horizon has the benefit of Forza physics. It's a great game, TDU is just one of my favorite series of last gen. Eden Games did some impressive things way back in 2006, would have loved to see them work with a better publisher or budget.

TDU still beats Horizon in some areas too. The world was bigger, it had better online multiplayer, and even little things like putting down the convertible tops or rolling down windows to hear your engine in tunnels. The driving was still good enough to enjoy the whole package.

any news on the new car pack?

I want a F1 car at some point.

Not long to wait now

This irritates me, is there an actual reason as to why we are kept in the dark about the incoming DLC cars? This trend started with FM5 and I can't say I like it.

I apologize for coming off as rude, but I think the way it was done with FM4 and Horizon where we knew about a week in advance was better in every way.

gsrjedi

sure, Horizon has the benefit of Forza physics. It's a great game, TDU is just one of my favorite series of last gen. Eden Games did some impressive things way back in 2006, would have loved to see them work with a better publisher or budget.

TDU still beats Horizon in some areas too. The world was bigger, it had better online multiplayer, and even little things like putting down the convertible tops or rolling down windows to hear your engine in tunnels. The driving was still good enough to enjoy the whole package.

I want a F1 car at some point.

I don't know if you know, but The Crew is being developed by some ex Eden Games people. Played the demo and the showroom was giving me TDU vibes and when I found that out, it made perfect sense.

Does the full version of the game have unskippable cutscenes? Because the demo does.

There are maybe five cutscenes in the whole game, and they're all significantly shorter than the intro. You can't skip it in the demo (and probably the full game as well, although you'll only see it the first time you play) because the game uses it to hide the initial loading time. That's why you're able to jump straight into the Huracan as soon as it ends.

Stevey

I'm about 5 Championships away from the Finale, I'll do one championship at a location then road trip to a new location- is there any way to do more than one championship at a location before road tripping to the next place?

I'm about 5 Championships away from the Finale, I'll do one championship at a location then road trip to a new location- is there any way to do more than one championship at a location before road tripping to the next place?

After you do the first finale, every time you finish a championship, you'll be asked where to go next. You can stay at the same location.

Lego Boss

I'm curious what you guys think is your favorite all around car. I'd pick the Huracan. It handles so well.

Yes, would agree. I scored 300k+ skill points in the industrial zone with that beauty.

Fiat 131 Abarth is mint for skill scoring on the river bed too . . . .

VinFTW

Favorite car is def. the Mclaren P1. Then probably the Veneno, followed by the Atom (axel? axiel?) forgot the name.

My favorite in this is probably Lotus Eleven. Yes, the old one, I'm just finding it fun to drive. Clio Williams is another pleasant discovery, although it's probably a bit too stable - the thing is glued to the road. My appreciation for muscle cars is also on the rise. Huracan is great, but I tend to prefer lower classes.

On the other hand, I can't stand Jaguar F-Type. It's floaty in the same way that many muscle cars are, but much, much worse. I can barely control it on courses with many twists and turns.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ths game needs a better AI navigator or, better yet, an option for a co-driver. with so many roads and routes, its very difficult to race not knowing how big a corner actually is or if there will be barriers not yet visible on the inside/outside edge of the track. i'd like to clean up the HUD and remove the mini-map, but its impossible because i fell you HAVE to rely on it for virtually every race, particularly point to point and off-road stuff. if ANNA or a rally style co-driver were present though i could be better informed of every upcoming corner and condition without the need of memorizing a giant map or turns or constantly watching a mini-map or constantly hitting rewind/reset when i misjudge or dont anticipate something.

There are maybe five cutscenes in the whole game, and they're all significantly shorter than the intro. You can't skip it in the demo (and probably the full game as well, although you'll only see it the first time you play) because the game uses it to hide the initial loading time. That's why you're able to jump straight into the Huracan as soon as it ends.

That doesn't sound too bad, I guess.

Man this game is so good. Best racing game I have ever played. I am glad I bought Xbone even after I have a PS4 already. This game made it worth it.

Here is the trailer for the Falken Car Pack

Car List:
- 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
- 2014 BMW M4 Coupe
- 2014 Chevrolet SS
- 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa
- 1969 Toyota 2000GT
- 1990 Subaru Legacy RS (free car)

Two packs in and Playground/T10 sure are killing it with the car selection.

The 4C and M4 are two cars of the moment, sure, while the Jalpa is a loveable oddball that you don't typically see in videogames, and having both is what makes Horizon 2's car list so damn compelling.

Really glad I picked up the car pass now.

Top Bottom