• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Klocker

Hah. Still have 8 championships to go until the first finale and about to hit level 200

So much fun playing in the world with all the cars and doing a championship here and there.

I'm so angry with this game. I'm having to reinstall due to not being able to go online after the patch - bought it digitally so it's taking ages on my shitty connection. My best mate just texted me saying he's lost all his cars, progress etc. No obvious reason, just fucking gone.

I realise things happen and I love the game, but it is absolutely infuriating. Looking on the Forza forum suggests this is an issue for a few people.

Sorry for the rant.

I've had the sound looping error that crashes the game twice now, but luckily nothing was lost either time.

It would be nice to hear from Helios on these issues.

G Rom

There is no option...

Dealwithit.gif

Helios please ask if we can have it in as an option. I used to quite like photo mode in this game.

Well the content update notes have this :
"· In photo mode, players can choose which corner a Forza Horizon 2 watermark is placed on their screenshots"

It would be nice to hear from Helios on these issues.

Absolutely. I'm talking with my friend right now about his loss of game progression. He has all his money, all stats but no cars or record of races entered. He just tried deleting the game save on the Xbox One and still nothing. Really strange and infuriating.

RaceManIak

Neo Member
No way I will try to finish this game, we always do the same races, seriously we had more tracks in Fm5, ridiculous for a open world game.

Im level 129 after the 2 horizon finales and will race some other championships to get the level 150 achivement, but thats it.

I tried the online this weekend and not had fun. Racing with drivater is a lot more fun and not a demolition derby. The worse is you have 5 seconds or less to chose your car (impossible when you have 30 cars by classes), I raced 20 events (for the achievement) and it's very to hard to complete a road trip from the begining without be disconnected.

BTW my Horizon2 in one word for Helios : Tree.is.a.4.letters.word

Daffy Duck

I had an online roadtrip and really enjoyed, however I agree totally, the time to choose your car is nowhere near enough, I was just deciding what car to have, and it gives me a Diablo (a car I do not even have to race, I mean how the heck is that right?)

Anyone like hatchbacks?

Absolutely, I did the first finale in the wonderful Clio Williams, and the second in my Golf R. Truth be told, I wanted to do the second finale in the Huracan, but I gave up after a bunch of maddeningly frustrating retries. Something that was already obvious in the first game, and I'd love for Playground to address it in FH3 - super/hypercars + no assists + no rewind + pro drivatars + traffic is a combination that just doesn't result in a satisfying experience. Randomly appearing cars make it too unpredictable and very frustrating at those speeds.

TMWNN35

I love the online road trips but god I'm sick of braking to take corners at a speed that doesn't result in me hitting the wall when in the lead and having 5 cars pile into my back end and getting out of the corner in 5th place.

On the rare occasions you end up racing with people that actively try to avoid colliding with you and don't spend half the race trying to push you off the road this game is magic.

Exact same thing has happened to me. Really fucking annoying.

Edit: trying to find something useful online, but nowt so far. Anyone got any ideas? I've tried a reset.

This happened to me when they patched the game around the first pack of DLC cars (can't remember if it was a patch or the DLC cars). The only way I could fix it was doing a full uninstall and reinstall.

ViciousDS

Banned
just got this game last night with my sunset overdrive bundle....I'm pretty sure I will be playing this more. This game brings the feels that the original Test Drive Unlimited did.........which was far superior to the second one. Just everything in this game is amazing....just wish that you would randomly connect to other racers while driving like in TDU....other than that....just so much to do. Game looks great, handling of cars is perfect for this style of racing, and I don't know....just after playing the crew beta and how terrible it was....I'm just excited that I can once again get full on an amazing open world racer.

just got this game last night with my sunset overdrive bundle....I'm pretty sure I will be playing this more. This game brings the feels that the original Test Drive Unlimited did.........which was far superior to the second one. Just everything in this game is amazing....just wish that you would randomly connect to other racers while driving like in TDU....other than that....just so much to do. Game looks great, handling of cars is perfect for this style of racing, and I don't know....just after playing the crew beta and how terrible it was....I'm just excited that I can once again get full on an amazing open world racer.

I wish it was as good and as full featured as TDU or TDU2. The driving is good, the time of day and weather works really well, but the land mass is a lot smaller and far less vertical. Also it is missing the missions of TDU and the whole online aspect.

Still really enjoying the game but the TDU series doesn't get near the recognition it should.

sCHOCOLATE

I wish it was as good and as full featured as TDU or TDU2. The driving is good, the time of day and weather works really well, but the land mass is a lot smaller and far less vertical. Also it is missing the missions of TDU and the whole online aspect.

Still really enjoying the game but the TDU series doesn't get near the recognition it should.

If they could combine FH2's physics engine, production values and polish with the scope of TD:U, we'd pretty much have the perfect open-world driving game.

zorbsie

Dumb question but how do you move the ugly watermark ? (Who's idea was it seriously ?!)
I can't find the option in photo mode !

Not sure if this was answered but here is how to move the watermark.
After taking the photo, the Horizon Promo page comes up. Hit A to continue.
Screen is just the photo now with "Save" and "Cancel" options in the bottom left corner.
At this screen you can hit RB to move the watermark to the four corners of the screen.

Hope that made sense.

G Rom

Not sure if this was answered but here is how to move the watermark.
After taking the photo, the Horizon Promo page comes up. Hit A to continue.
Screen is just the photo now with "Save" and "Cancel" options in the bottom left corner.
At this screen you can hit RB to move the watermark to the four corners of the screen.

Hope that made sense.

Just popping back in this thread, thanks for the answer !

TMWNN35

It would be cool to see some of the online races themed by car category as well as just rating.

Like a modern muscle A class race series or something.

It would help with the not enough time to choose a car problem as well as adding a bit of variety to the racing ATM if feel like taking a RWD car into a S1 or S2 races just making it harder for myself to win, mostly because I cant get ahead of the traffic at the starting line.

Taking a 4WD car is nearly always prudent as you never know when you'll end up racing on wet roads which is much tougher in a powerful RWD car.

Would also be cool if some of the races featured a rolling start.

They posted some clues for the November DLC:

Car 1 Clue 1

I have seen nearly as many wishful thinking guesses for this car as I did for the C6 Corvette and the 2015 Mustang. But this is far from similar to these American beasts.

Car 2 Clue 1

Mmmm, this car is a breakout from its brethren models, but forges a brave new path.

Car 3 Clue 1

The Smoking Tire, smoked some serious tires in this ride.

Car 4 Clue 1

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat, this little brother is worthy Don Johnson's approval.

Car 5 Clue 1

Is it European or classic JDM? You wouldn't know unless you know.

Car 6 Clue 1

Even Johniwanna knows that this car set a new level of expectations in rally and in production.

I am almost positive that Car 3 is the Jaguar XF-RS because of THIS.

As fun as guessing can be, I really wish there would just be a "hey you're getting this, get hyped!".

I wanna know what I paid for lol.

Yeah, I actually agree with you on that. These guessing games are fun leading up to the actual information, but they haven't been actually releasing the pack info until the day of. I remember when they used to give us trailer/pics/info a week before.

rjcc

except the actual driving of TDU 1 & 2 was nowhere close to either Forza Horizon game.

I very much wish FH2 had the features of TDU, but as a driving game, it just wasn't good enough at the driving part.

Jube3

Happy halloween everyone, I made a silly speed paint tonight while streaming some holiday music. Its up for share on the Fiat if anyone wants it.

15059575613_b54899e9cd_b.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Happy halloween everyone, I made a silly speed paint tonight while streaming some holiday music. Its up for share on the Fiat if anyone wants it.

15059575613_b54899e9cd_b.jpg

Nice! Thanks :D

leng jai

except the actual driving of TDU 1 & 2 was nowhere close to either Forza Horizon game.

I very much wish FH2 had the features of TDU, but as a driving game, it just wasn't good enough at the driving part.

Yeah I really liked TDU as a game but I remember that the handling was absolutely woeful.

CLEEK

When Driveclub was announced as a social, online racing game, I was picturing a closed world, refined TDU. A shared experience me and my friends would have.

Even if the online worked, DC still fell well short of the bar set by TDU. It's still unmatched in what it did, even though it was rough around the edges.

Daffy Duck

Does anyone else hate how much the steering wheel shakes at high speed in cockpit view?

Why do that I'm sure it doesn't happen in a real hyper car.

Even though my own hands only do it off road I quite like stuff like that, the whole cockpit effect is rather exciting for once, still could use force feed back to match, body roll, 900° animation and some more camera movement when ascending and decending hills but it's by far the best Forza's had.

Top Bottom