• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

AMUSIX

You were cross shopping an F-Type and a Mini? Seems pretty odd.

What else were you considering?

We started with an extensive list, different wants created different categories (luxury, performance, fuel economy, convertible, etc). Then we narrowed those categories down to the best choices in each one, then we weighed them against each other. Essentially, it's easier to choose between a pear, an apple, or an orange than it is between an Envy and a Pink Lady.

But our final list was:
Tesla Model S
Jaguar F-Type
Mini JCW Roadster
Fiat 500e
Lotus Evora S

In the end, the Tesla was dropped because it was way too big for us, the Fiat dropped because it carried no excitement, the Lotus dropped because we wanted a convertible (and my wife didn't reach the pedals) and the MINI blew us away at the test drive. It should be noted that originally we test drive the Roaster S, and walked away appreciating the car, but rather underwhelmed.

Edit: just wanted to add, we would get the best reactions when the salesperson would ask which other cars we were considering. They all have their prepared responses for competitive models in the same class, but have no idea what to do when you say an entirely different class of car.

prophecy0

So... is there a snowball's chance in hell that we'll ever be able to use Anna without a Kinect? I mean, the system comes with a mic. Why can't we use that?

I'm buying a XB1 primarily for FH2 and I'd love to use the voice features, but I really don't want to have to hook up a Kinect to do so.

ahartig

Just playing some more of the awesome demo and realized that if you hold down on the d-pad for about 2 or 3 seconds a few info windows come up on the screen that give you real time data such as damage to car, G-force, suspension, etc...

and you can scroll through the windows by pressing left or right on the d-pad

Noobcraft

So... is there a snowball's chance in hell that we'll ever be able to use Anna without a Kinect? I mean, the system comes with a mic. Why can't we use that?

I'm buying a XB1 primarily for FH2 and I'd love to use the voice features, but I really don't want to have to hook up a Kinect to do so.
I'm pretty sure the kinect has built in hardware that handles all the voice commands so there is little to no hit to the xbox. Its definitely possible for them to do voice recognition on a per game basis but I don't know how likely that is to happen.

Lego Boss

Any news/reviews on the 360 version? As I'd be interested in potentially getting that...

I can't find anything about it it anywhere. It's almost like it doesn't exist, or certainly no-one's played it. Either MS are keeping a lid on it to use the One version as a system seller, no copies have been sent out for review, or it's an awful game.

I have faith though. Sumo did OutRun for consoles. They know how to handle conversions and valueable franchises. It might even be that it's that good, they don't want it to show up the Xbone version!

ekim

I can't find anything about it it anywhere. It's almost like it doesn't exist, or certainly no-one's played it. Either MS are keeping a lid on it to use the One version as a system seller, no copies have been sent out for review, or it's an awful game.

I have faith though. Sumo did OutRun for consoles. They know how to handle conversions and valueable franchises. It might even be that it's that good, they don't want it to show up the Xbone version!

One German review mentioned that they got the 360 review copy late so I guess people are already playing it but the embargo might be more restrictive.

RAIDEN1

Well the sooner this embargo is lifted the better! I can understand the Xbox One is the flagship console, but if your going to release it on the 360, at least give it SOME coverage...otherwise what is the point? They might as well just make it an Xbox-1 exclusive..

Lego Boss

Well the sooner this embargo is lifted the better! I can understand the Xbox One is the flagship console, but if your going to release it on the 360, at least give it SOME coverage...otherwise what is the point? They might as well just make it an Xbox-1 exclusive..

Yes bruv. I feel your pain.

T.O.P

Banned
I'll be picking it up tonight after work. I'm in Toronto, I know this place lol. If you're in Toronto maybe he'll have extra copies. PM me if interested I guess.

1454985.jpg

mike4001_

Hi,

I live in Austria where the game releases on 10/3

Now I switched my xbox to the US store and bough the game from there where it releases on 9/30.

Then I switched it back to Austria.

Does anyone know, when I will be able to play the game ? :)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'll be picking it up tonight after work. I'm in Toronto, I know this place lol. If you're in Toronto maybe he'll have extra copies. PM me if interested I guess.

lol I have my E3 preorder coming in from BestBuy. It was only 43$ I think..I am sure that guy isn't selling it for cheap :(

jesu

Hi,

I live in Austria where the game releases on 10/3

Now I switched my xbox to the US store and bough the game from there where it releases on 9/30.

Then I switched it back to Austria.

Does anyone know, when I will be able to play the game ? :)

Switch back to the US on the 30th and you will be able to play it then, I'm not sure at what time though.

With FIFA I could play it 8am UK time on the day it released in the US.
After I played it I switched back to the UK and it continued to work.

mike4001_

Switch back to the US on the 30th and you will be able to play it then, I'm not sure at what time though.

With FIFA I could play it 8am UK time on the day it released in the US.
After I played it I switched back to the UK and it continued to work.

OK thanks

Pre-ordered/loaded the digital ultimate edition last night, also ordered the TH8A gerabox add on for my Thrustmaster TX. Come on Tuesday!

Prine

Banned
I pick up my new BMW 4series this week, i'll drive it to the store next week to pick up FH2. God damn i cant wait for both.

My demo progress keeps resetting (I know only a few more days to wait) but does this happen to anyone else and know what the problem is.

On topic, what's the best store to buy from country wise/cheapest?

cakely

It reminds me a little bit of the Xbox 360 Titanfall launch, where no one got to see a single screen from the game until it was practically released.

The Xbox 360 version ended up turning out great though. You probably have nothing to worry about.

Klocker

My demo progress keeps resetting (I know only a few more days to wait) but does this happen to anyone else and know what the problem is.

On topic, what's the best store to buy from country wise/cheapest?

If you close or start another game it resets, if you keep it running and use instant on/suspend-resume, you can continue from where you parked it last.

eso76

This video sums up every thing I've ever wanted from a driving game. Night, high speed, highway, good tunes, tunnels, a V12, rain, and working wipers! I

DAT lack of self shadowing inside the car though :(
ruins lighting inside tunnels.

BUT WHERE ARE THE PHOTOMODE PICS ALREADY ?

Caayn

tunnel.gif

Tunnel looks cool to me :(

(Also, let me know if the image works. I'm testing a new hosting solution since Minus is rubbish now)
Works fine :) If you ever need a new site I can recommend abload.de works perfect and without compression although it's only in german, so that might be a problem. The vast majority of my images in the console screenshot thread are hosted there.

Top Bottom