• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

So how did they handle pre-order exclusive cars in the past? Do they become available after a while for everyone?

I really wanted the BMW M6 but i've pre-order the digital deluxe on the xbox store.

So how did they handle pre-order exclusive cars in the past? Do they become available after a while for everyone?

I really wanted the BMW M6 but i've pre-order the digital deluxe on the xbox store.

I'm not sure that they'll be doing that anymore due to backlash. If I can remember, they allowed for you to purchase the pre-order exclusive cars with money in a later date.

Snackawho

Sorry if this is a little OT but I've always wanted to jump into car culture because of these Forza games but I'm never able to because of how intimidating it is to learn all the things and terms surrounding cars. Do any of you have any recommendations where I can learn about all these things so I'm not floundering in the dark?

You don't have to know anything and won't be at a disadvantage.

Don't bother with auto upgrades if your chosen car cannot keep up but apart from that there really is nothing that can go wrong.

Sorry if this is a little OT but I've always wanted to jump into car culture because of these Forza games but I'm never able to because of how intimidating it is to learn all the things and terms surrounding cars. Do any of you have any recommendations where I can learn about all these things so I'm not floundering in the dark?

Car Talk.

Dude, go fire up FM3-FM4-FM5-FH-FH2-GT4-GT5-GT6, go to the car upgrade menus and the tuning menus. Look into the descriptions regarding different types of upgrades and what tuning specific parts does.

Really, getting into cars isn't really hard at all, especially with the tools that we are given. The internet is a car nuts dream.

What I've been doing/did to learn about cars.

Find a specific car you like.

Edit: I like German cars mainly so I just ended up learning a shit ton about them, though I do know a bit about some other cars.

Learn about it.

Learn about the culture around it.

piggychan

some captures from the demo I took last night

ijpYtme0gu8PD.jpg

They look really angry !

Snackawho

You don't have to know anything and won't be at a disadvantage.

Don't bother with auto upgrades if your chosen car cannot keep up but apart from that there really is nothing that can go wrong.

That's what I did for the first horizon. I do want to go deeper though.

Car Talk.

That's a podcast right? Thanks I'll check it out.

Dude, go fire up FM3-FM4-FM5-FH-FH2-GT4-GT5-GT6, go to the car upgrade menus and the tuning menus. Look into the descriptions regarding different types of upgrades and what tuning specific parts does.

Really, getting into cars isn't really hard at all, especially with the tools that we are given. The internet is a car nuts dream.

What I've been doing/did to learn about cars.

Find a specific car you like.

Edit: I like German cars mainly so I just ended up learning a shit ton about them, though I do know a bit about some other cars.

Learn about it.

Learn about the culture around it.

That sounds like a really good idea. It definitely reduces the intimidation factor a little bit definitely. Thanks a lot man

Two things did it for me: http://www.drivingfast.net for a breakdown of driving techniques and racing physics in general, and Top Gear UK episodes.

I wasn't into sims or car stuff until I played the NFS: Shift Demo on the 360 where the screaming audio and visuals of that game's cockpit view blew my mind. Only problem was, I sucked, horribly, couldn't turn worth a damn. So that's when I found drivingfast.net - and used that theory to help me attack the courses in Shift. A developing interest in those physics and techniques led me to get into the tamer but more precise Forza and Gran Turismo games, but I felt completely lost when asked to choose between the hundreds of cars available. Outside of pure aesthetics I didn't know why I'd want one over another. So I started watching Top Gear on a lark and got utterly, insanely and lovingly hooked on it. They aren't the end-all-be-all of car culture, but its entertaining as hell and does provide a lot of backstory into the various manufacturers and their rivalries along with an all around love of cars in all of their forms.

Top Gear is perfect for a fun look at the top level of car stuff. They rarely get into the real meat of it, but it's incredibly entertaining and a great way to increase your love of cars.

For more than that, there are some great YouTube channels like Mighty Car Mods, Toms Turbo Garage and the Project Binky people. Also consider getting a Bentley / Haynes manual for your car (or even your dream car) to learn more.

NeoGAF also has a great automotive thread. On Mobile so can't link right now.

Currently contemplating what would be the best version of the game to pick up (digitally). I loved the demo so I'm looking forward to putting in as much time as possible into the main game.

zorbsie

Currently contemplating what would be the best version of the game to pick up (digitally). I loved the demo so I'm looking forward to putting in as much time as possible into the main game.

I went this the VIP package. It was $10 off because I had the VIP in FM5 and I want to see the cars in the season pass before I put more money into the game. Even though I'm sure I'll end up buying it when it goes on sale in the future.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Thanks! Just watched that, damn does this game look amazing. When he talked about MP, he made it sound like the game is using a peer to peer for the MP. I thought all MS MP games used the Azure Servers for games so they would be on dedicated servers. Is this not the case of Forza Horizon 2???

It uses dedicated servers, he just wasn't aware of it.

Hawk269

So what camera angle are most of you going to use? In Forza 5, I use the 1st person view, but in Forza Horizon (360) I use 3rd person due to the more arcade type of way that game is. With FH2 being a little more sim that FH1, I am not sure if I will switch to 1st person or stick with 3rd person and after watching the sims racing review I am think in-car.

FordGTGuy

Banned
So what camera angle are most of you going to use? In Forza 5, I use the 1st person view, but in Forza Horizon (360) I use 3rd person due to the more arcade type of way that game is. With FH2 being a little more sim that FH1, I am not sure if I will switch to 1st person or stick with 3rd person and after watching the sims racing review I am think in-car.

Cockpit for sure, I did the 3rd person on Horizon 1 but this one seems to offer a lot more enjoyment in cockpit view.

I expect to be all 3rd person. Especially with the off-road aspect of this game. It's hard to see well when you're cutting through a vineyard in the cockpit view.

Cock pit or hood. I can't use 3rd person anymore, since I started using a wheel in Forza 2.

T.O.P

Banned

Hood

The sense of speed is perfect with that one

3rd Person for Challenges and Infection modes though

@fuck DP sry

derFeef

Hopefully there won't be a big patch when this unlocks, this would screw my plans for tomorrow. Taking my Xbox with me and we plan to play Horizon, but I can only have limited internet there.

Rosur

Decided to change my Sunset Overdrive bundle preorder to a bundle amazon had with forza horizon 2 so bring on next Friday :) though deciding between this and shadow of mordor will be hard...

p3tran

Banned
What are the differences between sim and normal handling? I didn't really notice a difference when I played the demo.

there is a ton of difference when using the wheel between simulation and normal steering.
that thing where you just point to the direction you want to go, and keep depressed full throttle... yeah, you kind of forget it on sim setting... :)

on the pad, still there exists a difference between those settings, but you just know you still dont get 1:1 input. if you did, then only 1%-2% would find it enjoying.

Top Bottom