• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

shinnn

These last few races I've been doing....man, this is PGR reborn.

Just found those screens in a review

ibsEbS14vXEFeB.jpg

iCYxHKdfUvvCn.jpg

ilnoBC0I4Vvjs.jpg

ibhfNtNork9XTp.jpg

hnng..png

m23

Just found those screens in a review

If only I could upload some clips, you guys could see what I'm talking about. Looks like MS has done something which is preventing Forza Horizon 2 videos from being uploaded or even screenshots from even being put up on the FM site.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
These last few races I've been doing....man, this is PGR reborn.

there were definite moments were i felt like that with horizon 1. cool to hear, i could see how these larger urban areas would invoke even more pgr vibes

zorbsie

Ford GT is almost a decade old and still a beautiful and modern supercar... damn I need this game.

Not sure if it's been posted here and I know you were asking about it. The Ford GT40 is in the game. Not a barn find, you can just purchase it in the store. 900k.

Not sure if it's been posted here and I know you were asking about it. The Ford GT40 is in the game. Not a barn find, you can just purchase it in the store. 900k.

Unfortunately it's the ugly, disproportionate MK2 that Forza has always been stuck with, as opposed to the beautiful MK1, MK3, or (not as pretty but better) MK4.

Fox Mulder

Still on the fence over digital or physical. I can get it cheaper at retail or get a preorder car, but this is the ideal digital game since I'll be playing it for a long time.

first world problems.

Still on the fence over digital or physical. I can get it cheaper at retail or get a preorder car, but this is the ideal digital game since I'll be playing it for a long time.

first world problems.

Digital, no shirt, no shoes, no problem. Pants are also optional.

Bsigg12

first world problems.

Where do you live? If you live on the pacific coast in the US, going digital will let you play Monday night starting at 9pm.

I have been going back and play Horizon 1 and man I sure miss the wheel in open world game. The lack of decent wheel on the One is really sad. (I know there's that Ferrari one but all the review said it's suck and I love my Fanatec even if it's the old Porsche one). I think I am going to double dip and get a physical disc version of Xbox 360 to play on my wheel set up.

I have been going back and play Horizon 1 and man I sure miss the wheel in open world game. The lack of decent wheel on the One is really sad. (I know there's that Ferrari one but all the review said it's suck and I love my Fanatec even if it's the old Porsche one). I think I am going to double dip and get a physical disc version of Xbox 360 to play on my wheel set up.

Who, what, where, when, why and how?

Myself and other GAF members have the wheel and its quite good. The negatives being the plastic feel of the stock rim and the quality of the stock pedals, but aside from that I prefer it to my Fanatec PWTS.

edit: to clarify I am referring to the $399 TX wheel not the $100 spider wheel which is non FFB.

Who, what, where, when, why and how?

Myself and other GAF members have the wheel and its quite good. The negatives being the plastic feel of the stock rim and the quality of the stock pedals, but aside from that I prefer it to my Fanatec PWTS.

edit: to clarify I am referring to the $399 TX wheel not the $100 spider wheel which is non FFB.

Wow, really? I was checking reviews on Amazon and on-line and it seems to get terrible reviews from people. (such as wheel does not configure properly, cheap feeling for both pedals and steering wheel, poor force feedback etc.). May be those were early reviews and they were still working out the firmware. I will look into it again but if you said it's decent then I trust you. I will put it on my Christmas list this year, I thought I got it last year from my wife, turn out it was LEGO Death Star my wife got me (which was equally awesome).

Do you know if it's compatible with the stand (fold up one) by Fanatec?

Wow, really? I was checking reviews on Amazon and on-line and it seems to get terrible reviews from people. (such as wheel does not configure properly, cheap feeling for both pedals and steering wheel, poor force feedback etc.). May be those were early reviews and they were still working out the firmware. I will look into it again but if you said it's decent then I trust you. I will put it on my Christmas list this year, I thought I got it last year from my wife, turn out it was LEGO Death Star my wife got me (which was equally awesome).

Do you know if it's compatible with the stand (fold up one) by Fanatec?

I have had it since January with no issues. There is a process of updating it which is kind of a hassle, but essential before you can use it. The Fanatec stands are pre drilled for Fanatec, Thrustmaster, and Logitech wheels. I have it currently on my Fanatec racing seat.

I have had it since January with no issues. There is a process of updating it which is kind of a hassle, but essential before you can use it. The Fanatec stands are pre drilled for Fanatec, Thrustmaster, and Logitech wheels. I have it currently on my Fanatec racing seat.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENFVS5Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's $329 on Amazon right now ... I also didn't realize you can buy all kind of add-on for the thing (like better wheel and pedals set). My wife is going to kill me. Thanks for all the info.

Another owner of the tx458 wheel chiming in to let you know it's awesome.

I fact if you watch the first hour of insidesimracing.com preview, you will see a guy playing Horizon 2 with the wheel and initially being underwhelmed with the FFB strength.

Then he finds the FFB settings and I quote "YEEEEAH, BOOOOOOOOOOY" was his reaction.

That's coming from a guy who is a hardcore sim racer who has reviewed almost every piece of sim racing hardware you could think of barring motion rigs.

I'd trust him over amazon reviews any day.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENFVS5Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's $329 on Amazon right now ... I also didn't realize you can buy all kind of add-on for the thing (like better wheel and pedals set). My wife is going to kill me. Thanks for all the info.

You can live with the wheel rim but the pedals should be ditched as soon as possible. Got the T3PA pedals a few months ago, and the conical brake mod it comes with improved braking dramatically.

Plus you can throw some real pedals on them.

14786056251_c6b45e3d90_z.jpg

Top Bottom