• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

mike4001_

with fh2 the x360 has to deal with a much more complex map layout. [....] and i think sumo keeping the map layout intact is already remarkable.

Can someone explain that ?

I though the xbox 360 map was about 1/3 smaller than the xbox one map ?

Or did they just take out some stuff but the size is the same ?

The area could be the same size but with less detail. Fewer objects, buildings etc. It seems there are fewer free roam areas. It could be that the resolution of the terrain grid is higher on XB1.

Remember though that these maps stream from the disk so they can still be quite big on a console with a lower memory.

The developers said that the Xbox 360 map is roughly double the original game's in terms of drivable terrain, while the Xbox One map is roughly three times as big. So even if the maps are the same in size, in the Xbox One version you can drive over more terrain.

Or maybe it was just a mistake.

Sordid

Wait... the 360 version gets an XJ220, but I don't see it in the Xbone version.

EDIT: Also, no Esprit? Damn, I guess there are some cars that are exclusive to 360 as well.

Exclusive cars between the 2 versions is silly. I wonder if they'll add them in later?

If something from 1993 is a barn find, I will feel old as hell.

360 version gets a 1990 Subaru Legacy as well! Definitive version confirmed.
Sorry dude, you're old:

lonely_jaguar_xj220_in_qatar_desert_004.jpg

http://www.gtspirit.com/2010/04/08/lonely-jaguar-xj-220-in-qatar-desert/

RawNuts

After seeing quite a bit of 360 media, I wanted to note all of the differences from the Xbox One version that weren't specifically stated in official info, in addition to what we already know about the differences in car rosters.

• No mechanical damage
  • No tuning options (just part upgrades)
  • No "cross country" race events
  • There is no "road trip" to the next town; when you finish a championship, you're just told to drive within proximity of the next town (in other words, there is no mass caravan of drivers leading to the next area).
  • 8 players online rather than 12
  • Maximum of 8 car offline races
  • No drivetrain conversions (engine swaps and aspirations conversions are still in, but they're done in a manner similar to the first Forza Horizon, where engine swaps are limited by manufacturers rather than generic engines like in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 on Xbox One)
  • Four showcase events instead of five (I know which one is missing, but I'm not sure if the others that are there are the same as the events in the One version)
  • The bucket list events seem to be completely different
  • "Special" paint selection is limited to two-tone colors (no gold, camouflage, carbon fiber, etc)
  • Seems to only feature three radio stations (Pulse, Bass Arena, and XS) without featuring the other stations as progression unlocks.

360 version is impressive but this the X1 looks like a significant leap above it to me. Its a excellent port but I don't think this is a Titanfall situation.

timlot

Banned
After seeing quite a bit of 360 media, I wanted to note all of the differences from the Xbox One version that weren't specifically stated in official info, in addition to what we already know about the differences in car rosters.

• No mechanical damage
  • No tuning options (just part upgrades)
    [*]No "cross country" race events
  • There is no "road trip" to the next town; when you finish a championship, you're just told to drive within proximity of the next town (in other words, there is no mass caravan of drivers leading to the next area).
  • 8 players online rather than 12
  • Maximum of 8 car offline races
  • No drivetrain conversions (engine swaps and aspirations conversions are still in, but they're done in a manner similar to the first Forza Horizon, where engine swaps are limited by manufacturers rather than generic engines like in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 on Xbox One)
  • Four showcase events instead of five (I know which one is missing, but I'm not sure if the others that are there are the same as the events in the One version)
  • The bucket list events seem to be completely different
  • "Special" paint selection is limited to two-tone colors (no gold, camouflage, carbon fiber, etc)

Wow, them cross country races are what make the game for me. Big omission IMO.

eso76

layout, not size.
fh2 has a much more complex map, denser, with a more intricated structure thus fewer chances to cut corners with geometry, much more freely 'roamable' thus fewer chances to control draw distance etc.

Just pre-ordered the 360 version on BB so I can get that $10 gift card or whatever so I can get XBL after my month trial expires on Oct 30(guess when I'm gonna be activating it? lol).

Speaking of 360, is there gonna be an 360 car club or something? I actually just got a 360 last month so I've got no friends
and I need friends
. :(

Bessy67

Just pre-ordered the 360 version on BB so I can get that $10 gift card or whatever so I can get XBL after my month trial expires on Oct 30(guess when I'm gonna be activating it? lol).

Speaking of 360, is there gonna be an 360 car club or something? I actually just got a 360 last month so I've got no friends
and I need friends
. :(
Yeah, you can sign up here. It's mostly Xbox One players, but there are 360 players on there too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Deluxe is honestly worth it considering the exclusive cars and double money/experience every race.

Takes less time to get into the cars you want to drive.

What does this actually mean?

VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration

Because it sounds like you'll get 2x XP. But in forza 5 it only gave you extra money when you levelled up, no extra money for winning races, or extra XP

KePoW

Banned
For the Steering setting -- is it recommended to leave it on Normal for controller?

Is Simulation only mainly for wheels? I think I recall previous Forzas mentioning that, but wanted to see what GAF thinks. I will only play on the controller.

jem0208

For the Steering setting -- is it recommended to leave it on Normal for controller?

Is Simulation only mainly for wheels? I think I recall previous Forzas mentioning that, but wanted to see what GAF thinks. I will only play on the controller.

I play on simulation with a controller. It's far better.

ok thanks, I'll have to try it out on Tuesday then!

I booted up FH1 and it does say in the setting tooltip that Simulation is only recommended for wheel users.
Counter-steer is too twitchy on simulation, so I've been using Normal for a while now. But I'd recommend giving both a try and using whichever one feels best.

Hip Hop

Is there a way to have the Xbox One off and have it download the game like the 360 had?

don't see some kind of setting for that and it's gonna take me at least a day to download the game.

Snackawho

Is there a way to have the Xbox One off and have it download the game like the 360 had?

don't see some kind of setting for that and it's gonna take me at least a day to download the game.

If you have the console on instant on mode, then it should download when its on sleep

kyo27

I think if you have your system on instant on mode, you should be able to purchase the digital version and have it download while off. Or you could just pre load the game.

KePoW

Banned
Counter-steer is too twitchy on simulation, so I've been using Normal for a while now. But I'd recommend giving both a try and using whichever one feels best.

ah okay, thanks for the additional feedback NP! I'll go ahead and test myself in the full game

VinFTW

This sucks so much. I'm just sitting here on my 4 day break stuck at school (car broke down) and Forza Horizon 2 has to come out NEXT weekend after break ends... Ugh.

The Stance Works review may have tipped me over the edge.

I sold my PS4 earlier this year and now I'm considering getting an Xbox One for one game, I need to be sectioned.

Rosur

Buy a XB1 now! I was really trying to wait for the SO bundle but the allure of FH2 was too strong. My XB1 should be delivered on Tuesday, just in time for FH2.

I've been trying to hold of getting my XB1 till Sunset but yea FH2 looks great and want it too much plus I prefer the black XB1 to the white one so just changed my order to a FH2 bundle (which amazon has but not official by the look of it) so bring on next friday.

Top Bottom