• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 | Storm Island Add-On revealed

That stinks. Hadn't heard of that issue before now.

Have you considered re-installing? Fairly painless if you have a suitable external hard drive handy.

GHG

Gold Member
That stinks. Hadn't heard of that issue before now.

Have you considered re-installing? Fairly painless if you have a suitable external hard drive handy.
Reinstalling now for the second time. Will see if I can get the car meet with just the base game installed and nothing else this time.

Seems to be linked to save data though so probably won't solve anything.

Install at 12%, will report back once it's fully done and I've given it another go.

Ended up getting the VIP pass with this DLC.

Loving the Storm Island DLC stuff, I was basically hoping for some Rally tracks, and I'm definitely happy with what I've played. Loving the rough, varied Terrain, the muddy offroads, the jumps, the storm stuff is nice. This is all reminding me of how gorgeous the game is too.

As for the VIP stuff, I'm definitely happy with what seems to be on offer. I was immediately given a bunch of cars, and it's pretty nice to get a bunch of wheelspins. I'm not the type to pay for game acceleration, but it's nice to have a fat wallet, and I'm happy with the car offerings, so for an extra $10 on top of the Storm DLC, I'd recommend it.

I really like the new fog/mist effect added in Storm Island.

LamboSI.jpg

Mist1.jpg

Mist2.jpg

Some of these courses are incredible and better than the best courses in the core game IMHO. This DLC easily sinches FH2 as my GotY.

Caddle

I don't own it (yet) but my only gripe about rain in horizon 2 is the rain on the windshield, there's not enough of it especially in a downpour, the demo was enough to tell me that.
You can hardly see shit when the storm hit and the fog comes in. Too much rain on the windshield would be infuriating.

Do how do you get to the island?

Do you have to have finished the championship or an I just missing the glaringly obvious option to fast travel to the island?

Caddle

The extreme race with the red ford truck. That shit is outta control off the line, and during the whole damn race. Loving this, and the graphics are spectacular.

Do how do you get to the island?

Do you have to have finished the championship or an I just missing the glaringly obvious option to fast travel to the island?

I'm not sure about the requirements because I'm pretty far along, but the access point for Storm Island is a big pink icon (looks like a Showcase event icon) at the bottom of the map, near Nice and the Storm Chaser showcase event icon.

The extreme race with the red ford truck. That shit is outta control off the line, and during the whole damn race. Loving this, and the graphics are spectacular.

Do you have traction control on? I usually have it off, but that is a vehicle in particular that I can't control without it.

I'm not sure about the requirements because I'm pretty far along, but the access point for Storm Island is a big pink icon (looks like a Showcase event icon) at the bottom of the map, near Nice and the Storm Chaser showcase event icon.

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that when I play again tomorrow.

Pretty frustrating it's not clearer how to get there.

trinest

I have to say I'm disappointed.

Its interesting, at least it ads a lot more extra areas then Horizon's Rally expansion, but its a really small island, and not much verity and good god they should of gave us updated music.

It just feels soulless, and the weather so far I haven't seen anything to write home about. Why couldn't it have tracks near the volcano or mountains and have ash storms and snow storms.

Thanks. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that when I play again tomorrow.

Where you in a championship or something? When I turned on the game I wasn't in anything so it booted me straight into "HI GUYS I GOTS A NEW ISLAND FOR US TO DRIVE AROUND IN MEET ME AT THE PIER LOLZ"

After the Horizon 2 DLC patch installed, as soon as I jumped into the game - and exited out of the car meet that the game starts you in - I immediately saw a cut-scene introducing Storm Island. That's what you should see.

Is there any way to tell if you have the latest game patch installed?

EBE

loving this add-on. so much fun. i really hope Playground do a second. maybe expand storm island and let us explore those volcanoes? maybe see some snow? im just saying..

jet1911

I love this new location. Those extreme off-raod races were my favorites in the base game and the DLC is almost just that. Loving it.

Looks great too!

getphoto30se8.jpg

getphotovosaw.jpg

kitch9

Banned
I am surprised you have not been banned for your trolling/bait infused posts. It is not amusing and makes you look like an ass on top of ruining/derailing threads where people want to have proper discussions without the bait/trolling posts that you tend to throw up from time to time.

Isn't suggesting someone should be banned frowned upon?

Just curious, anyone buy the treasure map Extra? I'm wondering if I should grab that and not worry about hunting the remaining collectibles and pulling my hair out trying to find the really elusive ones.

Spasm

First thing that struck me was the godly engine note of the Ford Ranger t6. Second thing was the impressive new volumetric effects. Third is just how airborne these events are. Loving it.

I played through it all in one sitting, though by all I mean up until the end of the championship race. I may go back and do the other events that I skipped. It took 4.5 hours.

Overall, it's really solid and very good value. The focus on rallying gets a bit repetitive, though, so I don't like it as much as the main map and campaign.

I experienced one glitch, where a loud audio snippet (perhaps something from an engine) kept playing as loud as possible in a loop. This occurred part-way into my first online race. I quit out, but it kept loading and loading with the sound there, so I closed the game and re-opened it.

Got the Storm Island map, played last night, captured some free roam and Rampage event 1 gameplay with Thrustmaster racing wheel:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/208344/Forza+Horizon+2:+gameplay+en+Storm+Island+con+volante/

Damn, force feedback in this terrain is harder exercise for my arms than going to the gym. Found first event as hard as fun, lots of things to keep in mind with racing wheel if you don't want to lose control! And honestly, you can't see sh*t when in cockpit view :D

I had my TX since January and never had to tighten the bolts on my rig. After 2 months of Horizon I had to re-tighten everything because it had gotten so loose.

Just curious, anyone buy the treasure map Extra? I'm wondering if I should grab that and not worry about hunting the remaining collectibles and pulling my hair out trying to find the really elusive ones.

Is there are treasure map? I don't think there was one in the XB1 version of the core FH2 game, and I haven't come across anything for Storm Island.

Collectibles on Storm Island were a lot easier than the main game, but pics are already up online if you don't want to mess with it.

MouldyK

Is there are treasure map? I don't think there was one in the XB1 version of the core FH2 game, and I haven't come across anything for Storm Island.

Collectibles on Storm Island were a lot easier than the main game, but pics are already up online if you don't want to mess with it.

It's in the Menu > Marketplace > Extras.

MouldyK

That's correct.

Helios, can you please chime in about why there is a car (true it's a Barn Find, but still...) worth 9,750 Tokens, or £77, in the game?

My comparison of the Ferarri 250 GTO in Forza 5 and Horizon 2 from here:

- 2,000,000 CR VS 5,850,000 CR (FH2)
- 3,334 Tokens VS 9,750 Tokens (FH2)
- £26.3386 VS £77.025 (FH2)

But that is assuming each Token is worth £0.00799, which it is if you just buy the £0.79 = 100 Tokens option continuously.

Actually, the cheapest you could get it is:

5,000 (+3,000 free) = £39.99
1,000 (+250 free) = £7.99
500 (+75 free) = £3.99

This would give you 9,825 for £51.97.

A saving of £25.055!!!

Surely there is a better method of doing the Tokens than the 600 CR = 1 Token? What was wrong with Forza 4's way of doing it?

P.S: Please tell the guys at Turn 10 to also make the Token System be hidden like in this game, it really helps hide the sense you are playing a game with ridiculous prices.

I really do love the DLC though and it's gotten me back into Forza...again.

Anyone else have this observation? While the game was recommending me to adjust the car settings for rally racing in the garage, I was struggling to win races consistently. The minute I ignored these calls and raced the cars in their stock versions, I started lighting up the competition again.

Not sure if that's just my style of driving being better suited to the non-rally settings or if the stock cars are actually better for the competition.

Anywho, LOVED the DLC. Reminded me of everything I loved about this game when it first came out, but felt even more visceral. Can't wait to dig into the last championships (finished the finale this morning).

jesu

It's mayhem online and I love it!
I seem to do better in these championships than the normal ones.
Not sure if that is because I have my rally cars kitted out in Storm Island upgrades and the other folk haven't or what.

MouldyK

This sealed the game for me:
GetPhoto.ashx

Was in 2nd place near end of the race when suddenly the AI hit the grund wrong and tumbled.

I held firm though and was like "What if I miss the gap while he is rolling?...Oh, F*CK it!" and captured this perfect moment.

A question, fellow Horizonians: I'm not very far into this, (only finished the first Gauntlet event), but the options for things like Rivals, Bucket List, etc are still locked on the 'Storm Island' tab. How far in do I need to be for these to unlock?

Other than that, I'm finding the off-roading quite a bit more engaging and challenging than on the mainland, although I'd only loosely call it "driving" given how often you're airborne in these races. Wouldn't have it any other way, though, and the Metro is a riot as well.

I don't think it's very far. Maybe three championships, and then the game sends you to the first bucket list challenge and they all unlock.

I didn't think a car could get this high.

GetPhoto.ashx

Really is a stunning game.

GetPhoto.ashx

Really enjoying the DLC, Playground have done a great job expanding the main game.

leng jai

While the weather effects are not as good as Driveclub's they've done a brilliant job with those expansion. There's plenty of content and most of it is pure fun. The races are pure carnage and the atmosphere generated by the weather is fantastic. I stopped playing Horizon for a while but Storm Coast has reminded me of how good Horizon 2 really is.

The only caveats I have are that the island isn't too original, and the rallying can get repetitive. Otherwise, yeah, it's really good.

Top Bottom