• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Megasoum

Banned
Don't forget Turn10 is a big studio, like Ubisoft big, them releasing a new driving game where is main template is basicly the same seems fine to me. What annoys me is that some forget that in relation to Polyphony, there is no way they can produce games as fast when they're like half the size.

... lol Turn 10 has like 300 employees.. Ubisoft has over 2600 employees JUST IN MONTRÉAL.... You can't even compare them.

Turn 10 is a one game studio which means that they work on one game at a time which is why they only release one game every 2 years. There's nothing extravaguant or special about that.

You're trying to compare that to a company that put 1000 people on a single game...

... lol Turn 10 has like 300 employees.. Ubisoft has over 2600 employees JUST IN MONTRÉAL.... You can't even compare them.

Turn 10 is a one game studio which means that they work on one game at a time which is why they only release one game every 2 years. There's nothing extravaguant or special about that.

You're trying to compare that to a company that put 1000 people on a single game...

still, forza 4 had at one point 400 employees. gt5 had about 140 people.

i think that was his point.

Drifters

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. You race on closed circuit tracks with physics and environments that emulate the real world. Think Gran Turismo.

Forza Horizon is an arcade racer. You race on open tracks with physics and environments that are concerned with entertainment rather than emulation. Think Burnout Paradise.

Forza Motorsport 6 is still in development, so it's unclear what the final resolution and frame rate will be. But one thing is for sure, it is likely to be gorgeous given how shockingly good-looking Forza Motorsport 5 was, especially for a launch title.

Horizon is open world arcade racer at 30 fps.

Motorsports is a circuit racer, more simulations with real world tracks that is running at 60fps.

We don't know about resolution for sure but there's no way that the game is not 60fps. Every single game in the franchise so far has been 60fps. There would be a majore shitstorm.

Thx guys.

Megasoum

Banned
Is it going to be more of an actual game this time or another transparent microtransaction delivery device?

The economy was complete shit when the game came out. They heard the complaints and fixed them. The game is now totally fine.

I'm sure they will remember that for FM6.

also, why are peeps so concerned about res?

aren't you tired of driving under broad daylight on dry surface? come on. forza 2 was when, 2008? they're now on their 6th game they better have day/night and weather at least.

even a freaking crowd-funded game manages to implement those let alone xbox's flagship racer.

Naminator

Banned
I'm currently enjoying Forza 5, and this is my first Forza game, and my first racing game that I actually like.

Can anyone tell me how Turn10 handles racing tracks when they release a new game? I'm essentially asking if they will keep the 10(?) tracks that FM5 has and add new ones? Or will they just scrap the current tracks and make new ones from scratch?

tuna_love

Banned
also, why are peeps so concerned about res?

aren't you tired of driving under broad daylight on dry surface? come on. forza 2 was when, 2008? they're now on their 6th game they better have day/night and weather at least.

even a freaking crowd-funded game manages to implement those let alone xbox's flagship racer.
Dude why are you so concerned?

Shaneus

No mention of weather or day/night cycles.

Oh dear...
My theory with the first Horizon was that it was going to be the testbed for day/night cycles in the FM series and that FM5 would have them. Turns out that wasn't the case, but I suspect they will probably (read: *have*) to have them for FM6. If they're still using baked lighting then it'll still pale in comparison to titles like DC and FH2.

I'll guess they'll go down the social interactivity route a la DC/PGR2 and push the hell out of that aspect. With a decent (but far from significant) technical improvement on FM5.

Once FM6 hits that's almost a guaranteed sale from me, with both FM6 and FH2 available and Crackdown 3 (hopefully) mere months away from that.

We don't know about resolution for sure but there's no way that the game is not 60fps. Every single game in the franchise so far has been 60fps. There would be a majore shitstorm.
h0vTSxO.png

Megasoum

Banned
I'm currently enjoying Forza 5, and this is my first Forza game, and my first racing game that I actually like.

Can anyone tell me how Turn10 handles racing tracks when they release a new game? I'm essentially asking if they will keep the 10(?) tracks that FM5 has and add new ones? Or will they just scrap the current tracks and make new ones from scratch?

Generally they keep most of the tracks in the next game but they will still cut one or two from time to time.

They kinda reset that with FM5 because they decided that all tracks should be laser scanned so they had to start from scratch and scrap all the Xbox 360 tracks.

Personnally I think it was a terrible idea but whatever.

We can assume that FM6 will have the majority (if not all) the tracks from FM5 and then a couple of new ones (or some returning from FM2-4)

Actually they are 100 fulltime going up to 150 and they contract out to 300 for releases.

kpaadet

Wasn't trying to compare them to the entire Ubisoft corp, and yes Montreal is in a league of its own, but Turn10 is compareble to more "normal" sized Ubisoft studios like Toronto or Quebec.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
Skipped Forza 5, and will be waiting for FM6 to come out and see impressions before diving in on the Xbone. Extremely interested nonetheless. With FM4 the series overtook GT for me as my go-to sim racer, so I am really really hoping they can bring the content back up to that level.

Sydle

Surprised they didn't wait until E3. We probably won't see gameplay until then, right after Dan drives a Ford GT on stage.

In any case, I will probably skip this unless they add something significant.

ShamePain

Banned
Generally they keep most of the tracks in the next game but they will still cut one or two from time to time.

They kinda reset that with FM5 because they decided that all tracks should be laser scanned so they had to start from scratch and scrap all the Xbox 360 tracks.

Personnally I think it was a terrible idea but whatever.

Having wildly inaccurate tracks in a flagship title is a terrible idea, throwing away existing assets takes some balls to do, throwing in cars/track from previous gens without improvement doesn't.

MrBali

Neo Member
So Forza is releasing their 3rd game on current gen and I am sitting here and waiting for Gran Tourismo still.

Megasoum

Banned
Having wildly inaccurate tracks in a flagship title is a terrible idea, throwing away existing assets takes some balls to do, throwing in cars/track from previous gens without improvement doesn't.

Well I mean... Sure the laser scanned tracks are more accurate, no question there but to say that all the old tracks were "wildly inaccurate" is pushing it.

Especially since my favorite tracks in the franchise are fictional so, by default, 100% accurate.

Shaneus

Do they still have the dodgy Enzo model in FH2 (or FM5)? I know there were a number in FM4 that I heard made the leap to the One, but I never looked into it all that much.

shandy706

Surprised they didn't wait until E3. We probably won't see gameplay until then, right after Dan drives a Ford GT on stage.

In any case, I will probably skip this unless they add something significant.

Never skip their second/third attempt on new hardware.

;)

ShamePain

Banned
Well I mean... Sure the laser scanned tracks are more accurate, no question there but to say that all the old tracks were "wildly inaccurate" is pushing it.

Especially since my favorite tracks in the franchise are fictional so, by default, 100% accurate.

I'm not saying all of the old tracks were wrong, but tracks like Nurburgring and Silverstone desperately needed a complete recapture. Obviously I wasn't happy about missing tracks, but it's understandable and honestly they've done a decent job. A lot of the tracks in FM5 were completely new to the series, so can't complain there. I just wish it had Suzuka and Infineon.

GHG

Gold Member
I will only care for this if they add either weather or dynamic time of day. A rehash of FM5 will not cut it in my eyes.

Oh and bring back real endurance races with proper tire/fuel degradation.

ShamePain

Banned
Why is that a shit post? The whole Forza DLC structure and microtrasactions are bullshit.

My only and only gripe specially with FH2.

How is it bullshit? You get 200 cars on disc, by far the most of this gen so far. I always look at Forza's DLC as a glimpse into what the next version will have, but you can get early access if you want to. The game is not forcing DLC on you and I have no problem with it. The base game has plenty of cars. And the games are generally very generous with cash, especially FH2. You can also get some extra buck by using Forza Rewards.

Bgamer90

Banned
Shhhhh....

It's better to just read "Forza" and assume the worst when trolling.

I know. Just a bit annoying.

As I said before, it's like complaning about "too many NBA gamez!!!!" if there was an NBA Street announcement after the release of NBA 2K/Live.

Different games with different play styles but hey -- the name's the same!

Top Bottom