• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Madness

What a shitty first page of responses. "omg shocking" "wow" etc. Let's hope they really expand in what Forza 5 was. The new Ford GT looks sick.

Noobcraft

You guys called it.
I assume they'll lose those 2d cardboard spectators even they though they made for some hilarious gifs.
You're a monster :(
getphoto4l1uk7.jpg

They look great in motion...

Do you think they announced the Ford GT today because it's going to be at the windows event?

No, today is the first press day of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
It's the E3 for the auto industry, and today and tomorrow are the major press conferences. The Ford GT was one of the first big reveals and is the highest trending announcement from the show.

That is why the game was announced today.

truth411

If they keep it 60fps then they should drop the resolution to something like 1280x1080 so they don't have to make the sacrifices they made with Forza 5.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Forza getting milked. Series gonna die soon if they're not careful. They should have taken the year off

again with this. google the release years for EVERY forza ever please. post the results, then edit your post.

Noobcraft

They did. There was no Motorsport game in 2014. Horizon is a totally different game.
It would surprise me if most of the people that have posted something about the franchise being milked have actually played either Forza Motorsport 5 or Horizon 2.

Oh man love Forza Motorsport. 5 was a bit of a letdown without that huge track along the mountain, I think it was in japan I forgot. Anyways they better have some legit tracks and cars!!!

Anion

Oh man love Forza Motorsport. 5 was a bit of a letdown without that huge track along the mountain, I think it was in japan I forgot. Anyways they better have some legit tracks and cars!!!

Fujimi Kaido
Man, I was hoping to play that in F5. It was a pretty fun track. I hope they add it and some other crazy tracks

FordGTGuy

Banned
If they keep it 60fps then they should drop the resolution to something like 1280x1080 so they don't have to make the sacrifices they made with Forza 5.

Forza 5 received none of the extra opened power and efficiency that other games have benefited from.

Hawk269

Should we make a new thread for Forza 6 wishlist/what we want type of thing? I want to post my bullet points. At least with a thread title like Forza Motorsport 6: What is on your Wishlist we may be able to have some decent conversation.

Megasoum

Banned

Yeah the lack of fictional track (Fujimi Kaido in your case) was my biggest issue with the game (after they patched the economy).

Sure having laser scanned tracks is nice but they have some fucking amazing fictional tracks in the franchise and I was really missing them in 5.

Bring back Sunset Peninsula and Maple Valley.

Oh also Prague kinda sucked.

One final thing... please drop all the Top Gear bullshit...ugh

Megasoum

Banned
I want tracks. A lot more tracks. Dynamic time of day too.

Yeah I'm with you. I looooove looove racing games (My Thrustmaster TX + TH8A Shifter + Fanatec CSP pedals are so fucking READYYYY for this) but for me the absolute priority for any racing games are the tracks. To the point where I don't really care about the cars lol... Like I would prefer a game with a good batch of 100 or so diversed cars and a shit ton of tracks than a game with almost no tracks but 500 cars. The tracks are what make a racing game good or bad.

FM5 launched kinda bad and got a bit better with the free DLC but still. Like I said in my earlier post, I want more of the old fictional tracks from the previous games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Should we make a new thread for Forza 6 wishlist/what we want type of thing? I want to post my bullet points. At least with a thread title like Forza Motorsport 6: What is on your Wishlist we may be able to have some decent conversation.

i'd like more variety in surface types. weather, such as rain and snow, but gravel and mud too. would love to have forza have rally cross stages with frequent dirt to asphalt transitions, and, while i'm dreaming, length point to point rally type of stuff too.

Drifters

So what's the difference between the Forza and Forza Horizon series?

Also, I'm assuming this will be 60/1080p since its first party?

jet1911

Yeah I'm with you. I looooove looove racing games (My Thrustmaster TX + TH8A Shifter + Fanatec CSP pedals are so fucking READYYYY for this) but for me the absolute priority for any racing games are the tracks. To the point where I don't really care about the cars lol... Like I would prefer a game with a good batch of 100 or so diversed cars and a shit ton of tracks than a game with almost no tracks but 500 cars. The tracks are what make a racing game good or bad.

FM5 launched kinda bad and got a bit better with the free DLC but still. Like I said in my earlier post, I want more of the old fictional tracks from the previous games.

Yes. One of the things I loved about the first Forza was the good diversity of tracks and the good mix of fictional and real locations. That and the fact that you couldn't rev your engine like a madman at the start of a race without damaging it.

MrxDemix

Banned

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. You race on closed circuit tracks with physics and environments that emulate the real world. Think Gran Turismo.

Forza Horizon is an arcade racer. You race on open tracks with physics and environments that are concerned with entertainment rather than emulation. Think Burnout Paradise.

Forza Motorsport 6 is still in development, so it's unclear what the final resolution and frame rate will be. But one thing is for sure, it is likely to be gorgeous given how shockingly good-looking Forza Motorsport 5 was, especially for a launch title.

Megasoum

Banned

Horizon is open world arcade racer at 30 fps.

Motorsports is a circuit racer, more simulations with real world tracks that is running at 60fps.

Forza Motorsport is a racing simulator. You race on closed circuit tracks with physics and environments that emulate the real world. Think Gran Turismo.

Forza Horizon is an arcade racer. You race on open tracks with physics and environments that are concerned with entertainment rather than emulation. Think Burnout Paradise.

Forza Motorsport 6 is still in development, so it's unclear what the final resolution and frame rate will be. But one thing is for sure, it is likely to be gorgeous given how shockingly good-looking Forza Motorsport 5 was, especially for a launch title.

We don't know about resolution for sure but there's no way that the game is not 60fps. Every single game in the franchise so far has been 60fps. There would be a majore shitstorm.

Grassy

It would surprise me if most of the people that have posted something about the franchise being milked have actually played either Forza Motorsport 5 or Horizon 2.

I was thinking the same thing. We probably won't see any of those people in the Forza 6 OT at least. Just jumping on the "We hate yearly releases" high-horse, without having a clue what they're on about.

Ignorance is bliss.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

FordGTGuy

Banned
We don't know about resolution for sure but there's no way that the game is not 60fps. Every single game in the franchise so far has been 60fps. There would be a majore shitstorm.

It's 1080p, no way they are going to go from 1080p Forza 5 to sub-1080p Forza 6.

E92 M3

I expect HUGE improvements from Forza 5. They had time to work on the system and work out the kinks. There is no reason we shouldn't see: Night time, weather, dynamic weather/time, pit stops, true endurance racing and just a more cohesive package. Forza Horizon 2 set a great example of how to do a sequel.

Bgamer90

Banned

Most haven't.

It would be like complaining about "too much NBA!!!!" if an NBA Street announcement came shortly after the release of NBA Live.

The people saying it wouldn't be doing it if the Forza Horizon games didn't use the Forza name. Positives/Negatives -- positive since the Forza name helped bring interest in Horizon but bad since you have people saying that the series is yearly/"getting milked" when it isn't.

Bgamer90

Banned
It's 1080p, no way they are going to go from 1080p Forza 5 to sub-1080p Forza 6.

Yeah, gotta be 1080p/60 FPS. The rushed Forza Motorsport 5 was that. Since then they've had more time to get used to the system, and the system has had performance updates.

Anything less would be disappointing.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Yeah, gotta be 1080p/60 FPS. The rushed Forza Motorsport 5 was that. Since then they've had more time to get used to the system, and the system has had performance updates.

Anything less would be disappointing.

It should also be using a less demanding rendering engine if it uses Forward+ like Horizon 2.

Yeah the lack of fictional track (Fujimi Kaido in your case) was my biggest issue with the game (after they patched the economy).

Sure having laser scanned tracks is nice but they have some fucking amazing fictional tracks in the franchise and I was really missing them in 5.

Bring back Sunset Peninsula and Maple Valley.

Oh also Prague kinda sucked.

One final thing... please drop all the Top Gear bullshit...ugh

This post.... so.damn.good

:)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I kinda get both sides of the argument.

Yes, Motorsport and Horizon are chalk and cheese in racing terms, but from the naysayer perspective, the consumer is ultimately seeing the name Forza on a yearly basis now.

I assume that's what they mean.

Top Bottom