• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

I'm currently playing with drivatar difficulty set to above average, I know I've commented on it before but it's a bit of a piss take when I'm in the lead and cars 2 and 3 suddenly get a massive burst of speed.

Banglish

Loving the game so far, racing in the rain feels great. It's always good to see drivatars taking corners too wide etc and going off track, makes it feel like they're at my skill level!

Curse everyone who was posting with their jackpot prize wins though, I've had 3 spins so far and won a cheap car and low credit prizes :(

Someone posted earlier saying they just press A right when the spin comes up, I've been taking that advice and won the grandprize finally

Gek54

5 million Zimbabwe credits whittled down to 11k after an hour of buying and selling and leaving just the original S2000.

threwitontheground.gif

danowat

Banned
Online race, 24 cars, on Le Mans Bugatti circuit, in the wet.

Let's just say that it was probably a good idea that collision were off, because it would have been pure carnage!!!

Noobcraft

Online race, 24 cars, on Le Mans Bugatti circuit, in the wet.

Let's just say that it was probably a good idea that collision were off, because it would have been pure carnage!!!
Every 24 person race I've done online has had Michael Bay levels of action. Since clips aren't uploaded automatically I tried uploading* mine to onedrive.

Does this link work?
http://1drv.ms/1Lo09BP

*thanks autocorrect

zero86r

I'm currently playing with drivatar difficulty set to above average, I know I've commented on it before but it's a bit of a piss take when I'm in the lead and cars 2 and 3 suddenly get a massive burst of speed.

I changed mine down to inexperienced to see what difference it makes, there's still one drivatar who is way ahead of the pack and keeping up well. Some comical crashes at the first few turns with this setting though.

Rewind still seems to make some Drivatars go insane too. I remember seeing this in Forza 5. As soon as you spool back into the race from a rewind there's a good chance one or more cars will have a stroke, completely lose the plot and slam head first into the wall or other cars.

Dominator

Why do I suck at this game more than any other Forza lol

I've played them all but I've never been so poor at turning. Every time I turn I slide on to the grass and I have no control. When I brake I can't move the car any direction. My memory must be shit but I don't remember any of that in other Forza's.

I need to practice. I was pretty decent at the other games, I never had this issue with spinning out and braking like this.

Spasm

Rewind still seems to make some Drivatars go insane too. I remember seeing this in Forza 5. As soon as you spool back into the race from a rewind there's a good chance one or more cars will have a stroke, completely lose the plot and slam head first into the wall or other cars.
I count on this way more than I'd like to admit.

I bet the sound from the 1983 Audi Quattro is as boring as the FH2 sound too, where you couldn't hear that classic whirl-sound from the pressure backing up on the turbo compressor (should I really dare and check?? :// ).

You think Turn 10 might patch that??

I dared:

https://youtu.be/9HRKckeH_t0
1st part: sound from Forza Motorsport 6
2nd part (from 0:32s): sound from Forza Motorsport 5

This is the real world sound for the ones not familiar with the whirl-noise of the Group B rally quattro.

How do sound "downgrades" like this happen? Did someone write in to turn 10 "that engine is so loud, my parents can't hear each other when I'm playing. Please make it sound more tame"??

Edit: The "volume" of the engine and exhaust actually sound better in FM6, but that's all.

I dared:

https://youtu.be/9HRKckeH_t0
1st part: sound from Forza Motorsport 6
2nd part (from 0:32s): sound from Forza Motorsport 5

This is the real world sound for the ones not familiar with the whirl-noise of the Group B rally quattro.

How do sound "downgrades" like this happen? Did someone write in to turn 10 "that engine is so loud, my parents can't hear each other when I'm playing. Please make it sound more tame"??

Edit: The "volume" of the engine and exhaust actually sound better in FM6, but that's all.

I feel like FM6 has more accurate engine/exhaust, but FM5 nailed the loud blowoff. Dunno why it's missing, because the rest of FM6's turbo sounds are a massive improvement.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Am I the only one experiencing texture glitches in this game? Or is it the lack of AA? It's apparent a bit ahead on the road when a a few or more pixels flashes white. Was playing on 24" and didn't notice anything, but switched to 32" and can now clearly see this before every other turn on the track.

I feel like FM6 has more accurate engine/exhaust, but FM5 nailed the loud blowoff. Dunno why it's missing, because the rest of FM6's turbo sounds are a massive improvement.

Give me an example. For me the sound is a copy&paste from FH2, just the reflections and sound volume are better in FM6. The car sounds were clearer and more "beast" in FM5 so far.

I loved the sound of the original Ford GT in FM5, but it sounded boring in FH2, should I check that next in FM6? I bet it's the same as in FH2.

Am I the only one experiencing texture glitches in this game? Or is it the lack of AA? It's apparent a bit ahead on the road when a a few or more pixels flashes white. Was playing on 24" and didn't notice anything, but switched to 32" and can now clearly see this before every other turn on the track.

Specular aliasing caused by metal object on the road (metallic grills in the RIO tunnel for example). Yes it sucks. Can be fixed with a better AA solution. But 60Fps locked has its unfortunate drawbacks

Evo X

I always quote images, makes it easier on mobile ;)

anyway without further ado :-

Photos from a GAF race last night

Haha. Epic summary. It was a blast racing with you guys last night, even though I count at least 4 times where one of you crashed into me or screwed me over. Had to take my aggression out on poor Reed Richards near the end there. lol

I've noticed this too. Rewinded one time and the car in front of me didn't brake for the next turn and just rammed the tire wall at full speed. Seems their brains can't handle our godly time manipulation powers. lol

dragoncdf

i preordered the deluxe edition when it first was put on the store. had the small download change to 45.5gb. decided to upgrade today to the ultimate edition. so after upgrading to ultimate my game is sitting at updating and is at 1% after a few minutes.is it redownloading the game?

VRMN

I've noticed this too. Rewinded one time and the car in front of me didn't brake for the next turn and just rammed the tire wall at full speed. Seems their brains can't handle our godly time manipulation powers. lol
The one example of this I've seen so far was when I rewound because some Drivatar had crashed and thought backing up into me as I passed would fix things.

On the retry the other car never crashed. So in a way I guess the Drivatar was right.

Devildoll

I got a question about decals.

I spent like 7 hours trying to get the stars aligned on this swedish license plate.
It's only like 25 layers though.

When i go to publish it, i can set the amount of layers.
3d7pEjI.png

What is this for? should i set it low or high?

Also, dont ask how many horses the volvo has.. i mean, you guys should know the answer by now.

frontieruk

Haha. Epic summary. It was a blast racing with you guys last night, even though I count at least 4 times where one of you crashed into me or screwed me over. Had to take my aggression out on poor Reed Richards near the end there. lol

I only checked the telemetry as I assumed your taillights were totaled the number times you'd been hit, spun etc lol

Ebolarama

Banned
Did I read wrong or am I being dense? I thought I saw multiple mentions of Twin Rings Motegi in this thread and I can't find it in the game (on freeplay).

MouldyK

Bonnet Dare Mod for 10% more CR? Might aswell use it forever since I only use Bonnet View.

Also, I thought Silverstone in the Club Circuit would give me trouble in a D-Class car because of puddles, but was surprised when there were barely any puddles...the 6% more Grip on Silverstone Mod also helped.

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
The Veilside RX7 would have been so clutch.

So so true. That would have been a massive addition to the car selection depth.

821bd89a6b.jpg

It's a shame Forza's abandoned many of the old tuned cars, and isn't at least giving the option to put those wide body kits on the regular cars.

What is this for? should i set it low or high?

People will want to add it to their liveries; since there's a layer cap, there's no point in downloading a locked vinyl group that doesn't fit with their design and remaining layers; so lower it.

Question though, why doesn't the game just list how many layers are in it? #nextgen.

Also, dont ask how many horses the volvo has.. i mean, you guys should know the answer by now.

Many. Does it have a puffer?

Devildoll

People will want to add it to their liveries; since there's a layer cap, there's no point in downloading a locked vinyl group that doesn't fit with their design and remaining layers; so lower it.

Question though, why doesn't the game just list how many layers are in it? #nextgen.

Many. Does it have a puffer?
so, since the decal takes like 25 layers, should i set it at 2975 or 25 ( holding the stick to the left, it'll take like 7 minutes to get to 25 )?

I have no idea what a puffer is.

check the forza hub?

I got the car as a gift in the messages and it shows up in my owned cars, but I didn't get the achievement owning the cover car. Not that I care much about achievements, especially that one, but T10 should look into the Ford GT gifting thing.

Also... I've made up my mind, I think the overall FFB is great and in 90% of the cases I like the wheel-rumble now too. I'd even call it awesome on some surfaces where it is rapid but subtle.
You should all check the Airfield for drifting, the surfaces there work great with the new tyre model.

watdaeff4

I got the car as a gift in the messages and it shows up in my owned cars, but I didn't get the achievement owning the cover car. Not that I care much about achievements, especially that one, but T10 should look into the Ford GT gifting thing.

Also... I've made up my mind, I think the overall FFB is great and in 90% of the cases I like the wheel-rumble now too. I'd even call it awesome on some surfaces where it is rapid but subtle.
You should all check the Airfield for drifting, the surfaces there work great with the new tyre model.

I"m in the same boat. I see where I can buy the Ford GT, but it's not available to me for free which from my understanding should be for playing the demo.

spuckthew

I skipped F5 because I couldn't justify buying the console for that one game, and my wheel wasn't compatible. But I'm a massive fan of the series, and racing games in general, that I'm seriously tempted to do it this time. I stupidly sold my GT2 wheel last year because I moved out and wasn't really getting much use out of it, but with the G920 it's gonna be hard to resist despite the massive expense of going all-in. F6 looks fucking sweet though!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ok GAF..I'm on the fence about buying this game..I skipped Forza 5, played the demo for 6 and was not overly impressed..driving felt great but the graphics were pretty meh. The car list in this game is making want it bad tho..

Decisions decisions.

terrible

Banned
I skipped F5 because I couldn't justify buying the console for that one game, and my wheel wasn't compatible. But I'm a massive fan of the series, and racing games in general, that I'm seriously tempted to do it this time. I stupidly sold my GT2 wheel last year because I moved out and wasn't really getting much use out of it, but with the G920 it's gonna be hard to resist despite the massive expense of going all-in. F6 looks fucking sweet though!

The Thrustmaster TX is likely a better wheel. If price is similar skip the Logitech wheel.

RawNuts

You think you would fare better after time travel? :p

I always quote images, makes it easier on mobile ;)

anyway without further ado :-

Photos from a GAF race last night
attending in start grid order
  1. Frontieruk
  2. XBL GHG
  3. Banglish
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. Mr Noobcraft
  6. P3tRaN
  7. FFsReedRichards
  8. Bumcrease

final standings
  1. P3tRaN
  2. Mr Noobcraft
  3. Frontieruk
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. FFsReedRichards
  6. Bumcrease
  7. XBL GHG
  8. Banglish
Looks like crazy fun; hope I can catch the next set.

It always seemed as though drivatars remembered the incidents which occurred during the rewind and then drive accordingly to avoid impact or follow out a crash which no longer exists.

As someone else mentioned, a time-travel anomaly we'll probably have to live with.

Devildoll

where do i navigate to find player made decals ?

I cant seem to find them at all.

edit : btw, i dumped a nascar engine into that vovlo, so it has 994 horses.

Top Bottom