• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Just done the 1960 Grand Prix Showcase - which was wonderful. But it's maddening that's the only way to do a race with these cars - single race will throw a load of modern cars into the mix if you choose a historic one.

We need an event grid like Forza 3/4 - and/or the ability to lock car type down in single race.

You can play a private multiplayer match to lock in certain car classes/models, but you lose the rewind functionality and for some reason I can't get more than 5 AI in a race. If anyone knows what's wrong I'd appreciate some help.

You can play a private multiplayer match to lock in certain car classes/models, but you lose the rewind functionality and for some reason I can't get more than 5 AI in a race. If anyone knows what's wrong I'd appreciate some help.

And with my connection it won't always let me set up a private lobby.

How long do I have to be in the Super Street series? I really am not a fan of most of these cars. I just want to race what I want to race in career mode, having these things gated is so frustrating. I'm glad that the showcase events are there to add some excitement at the beginning at least.
Yeah, I wasn't feeling it so I just bought some rides and went into free play. Been having a blast with the Bac Mono on the new tracks, and that thing is grippy enough to help ease me back into Forza physics. I can set each race or time trial for 7-10 laps and just enjoy it.

Really impressed at how every track has been improved. There's a bunch of added trackside detail and atmospherics across the board.

And while I'm not a fan of this new flat tile UI - the redone car lists with manufacturer across the horizontal and the cars in vertical thumbnails on the side is very compact and very easy to work with. Great stuff.

frontieruk

I really need to play FM6 with headphones some time. I rarely ever hear the turbo spooling up but it was very apparent in your video.

EDIT: Anyone else unable to have more than 5 AI in a private match? I was hoping to set up a bucketed race for Le Mans but I can't get a full grid despite setting Max Drivatars to 23. Only 5 show up, three don't have any name and two have proper gamertags.

I think it's a bug. Hopefully Helios will see and feed that back rather than make us go over to FM.net to whine ;)

main menu -> customise -> paint car -> paint -> tint windows

CScjRKY.png

As soon as I get my hands on that I am going to turn it into thois

ecto1.jpg

For the new page, could i get some clarification on this, how am i supposed to use the max layer value, and what impact does it have.

And also where to download playermade decals that you can apply to your car, not full on paintjobs.

You always set the value to the layer true value. Let's say that your decal has 126 layers, then you set the value to 126. As for the decals I think you download them in the create decal section.

EDIT: Anyone else unable to have more than 5 AI in a private match? I was hoping to set up a bucketed race for Le Mans but I can't get a full grid despite setting Max Drivatars to 23. Only 5 show up, three don't have any name and two have proper gamertags.

You can only have 5 AI drivers per one real person, 2 people will let u set 10, 3 will make it 15 and finally 4 will let you use 20 AI drivers along with 4 players what will finally give u 24 cars. It's kinda stupid to be honest but it is what it is.

Sorry for triple post, I'm on cell and stuff is breaking for me.

Geez, where you finish? 1st?

Enjoyed it?

1st yeah, all assists off sans TCS/Manual. TBH, it was about an hour too long.

Did you win?
Did you have to do pit stops for tires as they had worn out? (i am using simulation mode)

Yeah, roughly every 20 laps for both fuel and tyres. Grip completely falls off the cliff at 15%+ wear, although at around this time you have about 1 laps worth of fuel left.

MouldyK

Yeah, roughly every 20 laps for both fuel and tyres. Grip completely falls off the cliff at 15%+ wear, although at around this time you have about 1 laps worth of fuel left.

I wish there was a 3rd setting: Cosmetic, but Tires and Fuel.

Gek54

I really don't see the sense behind mods.

1. Mods don't make sense, if you need more credits:
If you need cash, all the winner credits are close to nothing compared to the spin wins. You may get 20,000Cr from a race and you may have to do 2 races to level up again, but even if you just count the top prize of the level-up spin, that's on average definitively higher than 1,000,000Cr, but let's say it's 1,000,000 with a winning probability of p=1/9th, that's 111,111Cr on the average level up, if there was only the jackpot. Yes, maybe it's a car that you don't want, but you can sell cars again at 50% but if you keep it and by accident win it again, you win 100% of its value in credits.
[By the way this also devaluates the VIP-bonus compared to previous games, but personally I don't care, I'm not VIP because of more in game cash]

2. Mods don't make sense as a difficulty adjustment:
If you need more grip, buy better tyres or another handling upgrade. Should that get you over the pp-limit of your race, then you shouldn't have it... just like the grip-mod. If you need to make the race easier, adjust the assists or drivatar difficulty!

3. Mods screw the leaderboards:
If a friend in FM5 had a 4s better lap time than me, but his time was invalid, I could assume that if he tried really hard, he could get a valid time that was 4 seconds faster than mine (admittedly just "assume" because he could have just cut the track). Now all invalid times are more or less meaningless. Maybe that's why the used car's pp isn't shown in the leaderboards anymore (at least not shown directly, you can still look it up on the right, if you go to a specific gamertag on the leaderboard).

The only thing where I see a field of application for mods is for simulating/roleplaying minor team differences in racing leagues where all the cars are basically the same, but then the AI should be able to apply team mods too.

Yup. Even the dares are worthless. What do you get for doing them? More mountains of Zimbabwe credits I have to burn.

the-dark-knight-joker-heath-ledger-burning-money.jpg

You can only have 5 AI drivers per one real person, 2 people will let u set 10, 3 will make it 15 and finally 4 will let you use 20 AI drivers along with 4 players what will finally give u 24 cars. It's kinda stupid to be honest but it is what it is.

Sorry for triple post, I'm on cell and stuff is breaking for me.

Really? That's pretty terrible if true, Forza 4 and 5 could have a full race with just me in it.

EDIT: It's got to be a bug even if that's what happens. It was possible before like I said, and half of them show up with no name. I wonder if it's something that needs to be patched or a server issue related to the early access?

If we could set buckets/advanced settings/restrictions in free play then I wouldn't even need this.

LoveCake

Thank you for the info.

RIP in peace thread. Its been a pleasure

I barely post in here but you guys manage to make my most popular thread, GG!

Not yet it's not!

RIP in peace thread. Its been a pleasure

I barely post in here but you guys manage to make my most popular thread, GG!

Yeah, after the first couple pages of the expected kneejerk reactions and fanboy drive-bys It was the best place to discuss anything Forza and altogether just chill in. Hopefully the OT will be just as good if not better.
Knock on wood.

commedieu

Banned
Lol. Such a good thread. The suspense, the drama, the salt, the victory lap...

Would read again. you get so much shit for enjoying something.

Rip fordgtguy.

aaronwt

I really don't see the sense behind mods.

1. Mods don't make sense, if you need more credits:
If you need cash, all the winner credits are close to nothing compared to the spin wins. You may get 20,000Cr from a race and you may have to do 2 races to level up again, but even if you just count the top prize of the level-up spin, that's on average definitively higher than 1,000,000Cr, but let's say it's 1,000,000 with a winning probability of p=1/9th, that's 111,111Cr on the average level up, if there was only the jackpot. Yes, maybe it's a car that you don't want, but you can sell cars again at 50% but if you keep it and by accident win it again, you win 100% of its value in credits.
[By the way this also devaluates the VIP-bonus compared to previous games, but personally I don't care, I'm not VIP because of more in game cash]

2. Mods don't make sense as a difficulty adjustment:
If you need more grip, buy better tyres or another handling upgrade. Should that get you over the pp-limit of your race, then you shouldn't have it... just like the grip-mod. If you need to make the race easier, adjust the assists or drivatar difficulty!

3. Mods screw the leaderboards:
If a friend in FM5 had a 4s better lap time than me, but his time was invalid, I could assume that if he tried really hard, he could get a valid time that was 4 seconds faster than mine (admittedly just "assume" because he could have just cut the track). Now all invalid times are more or less meaningless. Maybe that's why the used car's pp isn't shown in the leaderboards anymore (at least not shown directly, you can still look it up on the right, if you go to a specific gamertag on the leaderboard).

The only thing where I see a field of application for mods is for simulating/roleplaying minor team differences in racing leagues where all the cars are basically the same, but then the AI should be able to apply team mods too.

I never even looked at the mods until I was level 20. Now I use them all the time. I mainly use the ones that give me extra XP. That way I can increase my level quicker.

HokieJoe

Can't wait for Mugello to finally get the ok licensing wise for pCARS. Hope to see a version of Misty Loch too.

And the classics you listed. Bring back the old tracks from FRL!
They should be in more games period!

edit-

I like the cut of your jib sir. Bike racing fan? Enjoy MotoGP, SBK, and Ride by chance? Some great tracks in there. Would love to see some added to the 4 wheeled games like Almeria, Magny-Cours, Kyalami, and Potrero De Los Funes.

VLTTP, but Brno would be one of my picks. Loved it in MotoGP.

Top Bottom