• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Devildoll

main menu -> customise -> paint car -> paint -> tint windows

CScjRKY.png

Feels to me the grip level has been reduced when cornering, rspecially if you're braking and cornering. Really need race brakes and/or race tyres but you lose power options. Can't say if I like it or not but the cars are more slippery.
AI Drivatars are weird. And far too often it's just you and one other AI fighting for the lead. Maybe I should increase AI difficulty from Above Average and maybe have a few more cars to race against? But I hate having to redo races too often. Still, I might try.
AI engine sound is way too high. No option to change it. It was in Forza 5. Why remove it?
Generally I like the game a lot. And I like the rain and puddles.

Fox Mulder

Rewind still seems to make some Drivatars go insane too. I remember seeing this in Forza 5. As soon as you spool back into the race from a rewind there's a good chance one or more cars will have a stroke, completely lose the plot and slam head first into the wall or other cars.

I've seen that happen in a couple of games with rewind, like the codemasters f1 games.

Devildoll

So vinyl groups?

When you're editing a car in the decal editor, you can either click "Load vinyl group" and see the community-made emblems, or click the top option and it'll recommend some.

how exactly?

I'm in main menu -> customize -> and i cant find any way to search for player made decals.

cept for the like 20 default ones that show up when you hit RB after entering apply decal -> new layer -> apply vinyl shape.

how exactly?

I'm in main menu -> customize -> and i cant find any way to search for player made decals.

cept for the like 20 default ones that show up when you hit RB after entering apply decal -> new layer -> apply vinyl shape.

The same steps, but instead of Apply Vinyl Shape, click "Load Vinyl Group" or whatever it says now.

vg260

Can anyone tell me how much of the demo you need to play to unlock the Ford GT in the full game?

Also, is there any other unlockable stuff from the demo for the full game? I would like to clear the demo off my HD.

Devildoll

The same steps, but instead of Apply Vinyl Shape, click "Load Vinyl Group" or whatever it says now.

i cant find shit apparently.

Can anyone tell me how much of the demo you need to play to unlock the Ford GT in the full game?

Also, is there any other unlockable stuff from the demo for the full game? I would like to clear the demo off my HD.

I'd wager that you just have to participate in one race in order to get the ford GT,

However, its not really a big deal, play the full game for one hour and you'll have the money to buy that car if you so choose.

then again, the demo is only like 4 races + the 4 time trials, so if you want to be anal about it, just buckle down for the 1 hour or so it takes to finish it all.

vg260

I'd wager that you just have to participate in one race in order to get the ford GT,

However, its not really a big deal, play the full game for one hour and you'll have the money to buy that car if you so choose.

then again, the demo is only like 4 races + the 4 time trials, so if you want to be anal about it, just buckle down for the 1 hour or so it takes to finish it all.

Ok, cool. Thanks.

Just got done playing the demo. Wow, what happened to this game. It may just be me but the game looks worse than forza 5. The physics almost make it feel like an arcade game and it seems like no matter how little I touch the brakes and they lock up. Was super excited for this game but the demo killed it for me. Drove with all the assists off by the way.

Can you still buy this on the Xbox store and play it or was that only for the ultimate edition preorders. Was on the fence about paying $100, but seeing what you get it seems worth it. But the store is reading that if I buy it now that I'll have to wait until the 15th now.

Evo X

Can you still buy this on the Xbox store and play it or was that only for the ultimate edition preorders. Was on the fence about paying $100, but seeing what you get it seems worth it. But the store is reading that if I buy it now that I'll have to wait until the 15th now.

If you buy the Ultimate Edition, you can download and play now.

willbsn13

SWEET JESUS PLEASE! I am going to start a fuckin petition or something to get these as DLC.

https://twitter.com/dan_greenawalt/status/634554434551328768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dan's such a tease on twitter!

Edit: Don't forget this tease as well - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174144384&postcount=4488

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed "2002 Lancer Evolution FF" in their racing grids?

There's no F&F Lancer from 2002 in the car dealer, and it looks like the stock Evo 8 when I get close.

Yeah I noticed this, maybe it's future DLC along with the Furious 7 cars from FH2?

The stock Evo 8 also has the exact same bumpers and visual customization (rally parts) as the Evo 9 which is weird. I don't think that's ever happened in Forza.

GHG

I always quote images, makes it easier on mobile ;)

anyway without further ado :-

Photos from a GAF race last night
attending in start grid order
  1. Frontieruk
  2. XBL GHG
  3. Banglish
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. Mr Noobcraft
  6. P3tRaN
  7. FFsReedRichards
  8. Bumcrease

final standings
  1. P3tRaN
  2. Mr Noobcraft
  3. Frontieruk
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. FFsReedRichards
  6. Bumcrease
  7. XBL GHG
  8. Banglish

Haha love this write up. That car was too much fun. Chris Harris eat your heart out ;) .

So, will there be a day one (on 15th) track/environment DLC available or what? I (and many others) did every single environment in multiplayer twice now, and achievement is still stuck on 96%. There isn't a single person that unlocked this achievement yet and we are all stuck on 96%. So it's either glitch, miscalculation or there is one track/environment missing and will be added soon, the question is which one is it?

Helios, Badned, do you guys have any clue about this?

Porsche9146

Neo Member
So, will there be a day one (on 15th) track/environment DLC available or what? I (and many others) did every single environment in multiplayer twice now, and achievement is still stuck on 96%. There isn't a single person that unlocked this achievement yet and we are all stuck on 96%. So it's either glitch, miscalculation or there is one track/environment missing and will be added soon, the question is which one is it?

Helios, Badned, do you guys have any clue about this?

Did you do anything with the Airfield Test Track?

Did you do anything with the Airfield Test Track?

yep, all of them. I'm going to do it again, will also do all the weather and night variations this time but I have a feeling that there is a track/environment missing ;)

Edit:

I did everything again for a third time and still 96%, I really hope there is a new track coming rather then this being glitched.

danowat

Banned
More random musings about the physics.

One of the things that has always bugged me with the tyre physics in Forza was that the grip of the tyres (in factory stock cars) always seemed the same, regardless of whether you were driving a Ford Fiesta, or Ferrari, this appears to have changed, more powerful cars now seem to have more grip from the off.

Longitudinal grip has also improved, especially since FM5, but there is still something not quite right with the trigger sensitivity, which leads to problems with both braking and acceleration, it appears, especially with braking, that 100% braking power is almost at the halfway point, so all your braking and accelerating is done between 0% travel and 50% travel, and the remaining 50% of travel does nothing in terms of braking, and very little in terms of acceleration, this was also a problem in FM5 and it exacerbates the slight lack of longitudinal grip, especially in powerful cars.

Lateral grip is much improved over FM5, which has far too low, road tyres are now very good, but I still think slicks are off, anyone who's driven slicks in real life will know that, once warm, they really have some massive grip, which is there right up to the limit of grip, and then it drops off remarkably, FM6's slicks aren't like that, they feel almost like slightly more grippy road tyres.

There is also some wonky, low speed oversteer going on, not sure if this is related to the controller setup, but it appears that the cars can have a tendency to rotate about their central axis at low speeds with no throttle input, so I need to have a fiddle with it.

tldr, better than FM5, road tyres good, slicks not so.

veidi

More random musings about the physics.

One of the things that has always bugged me with the tyre physics in Forza was that the grip of the tyres (in factory stock cars) always seemed the same, regardless of whether you were driving a Ford Fiesta, or Ferrari, this appears to have changed, more powerful cars now seem to have more grip from the off.

Longitudinal grip has also improved, especially since FM5, but there is still something not quite right with the trigger sensitivity, which leads to problems with both braking and acceleration, it appears, especially with braking, that 100% braking power is almost at the halfway point, so all your braking and accelerating is done between 0% travel and 50% travel, and the remaining 50% of travel does nothing in terms of braking, and very little in terms of acceleration, this was also a problem in FM5 and it exacerbates the slight lack of longitudinal grip, especially in powerful cars.

Lateral grip is much improved over FM5, which has far too low, road tyres are now very good, but I still think slicks are off, anyone who's driven slicks in real life will know that, once warm, they really have some massive grip, which is there right up to the limit of grip, and then it drops off remarkably, FM6's slicks aren't like that, they feel almost like slightly more grippy road tyres.

There is also some wonky, low speed oversteer going on, not sure if this is related to the controller setup, but it appears that the cars can have a tendency to rotate about their central axis at low speeds with no throttle input, so I need to have a fiddle with it.

tldr, better than FM5, road tyres good, slicks not so.

Yep I feel the same.....have set the deadzones to 0 and 100 for everything except for clutch, but it doesnt get much better.
Same with the TX wheel, the brake paddle has soo much travel till it gets recognized in-game its not funny and then you only have some small space left to control your breaking.
Maybe the deadzones from the input devices are just bad?
A little bit on-screen feedback for the breaking would also help, i always need to stare at the little lines at the speedometer to see if I even brake now. A little camera movement would be nice, race useally in the hood view.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wanted to inform you guys I've got to travel now when the OT will be going up and I haven't completed it or formatted for posting. So I can still do it but you may have to wait until Saturday or even Sunday or if someone else wants to just do it instead let me know. Apologies. Really gutted since it was for the 10 year anniversary.

Hypercars in FM5 partially came with tyres that had the grip equivalent of FM's "Sport Tyre"(the highest tyre tier before the race tyres), whereas some old and cheap cars got a grip upgrade of 1.0 grip points when upgraded to street tyres(the lowest of the tyre compound upgrades). So it was in FM5, you probably just feel the effect more due to the longitudinal tyre flex upgrade and T10's latest own research.

it appears, especially with braking, that 100% braking power is almost at the halfway point, so all your braking and accelerating is done between 0% travel and 50% travel, and the remaining 50% of travel does nothing in terms of braking
It's not too much different with the pedals of my wheel, but with the strong brake pedal resistance and longer travel up that 50% I have some muscle memory on how far to press it in. It varies with some cars though, where I can push it down to something like 80% at parts of the deceleration phase at the end of a long straight. Have you tried if it feels better with the highest braking upgrade and lower brake pressure in the tune-settings?

anyone who's driven slicks in real life will know that, once warm, they really have some massive grip, which is there right up to the limit of grip, and then it drops off remarkably, FM6's slicks aren't like that, they feel almost like slightly more grippy road tyres.
How do you know, you're at the limit of grip when you're not already flying off? I get what you are saying, but personally I don't think, I can feel it, if the limit of grip is a long stretch or just a point. Maybe if I checked some live camber telemetry, I could see it.

Boy, I totally noticed that. First of all, with the new tyre model the penalty for braking in a long corner is a lot harsher in FM6 and even going off the gas makes you spin way earlier. This might be accurate though compared with real life driving physics. The thing is that the effect feels a bit extreme in cars that are wide and low, but have a short wheelbase. It feels right and "fair" in some longer saloons. Have you tried the Stig challenge in the Alfa 4C? I can't beat him on unbeatable. I had no problem beating him in the first showcase on road america on unbeatable. It's those long alps corners in the 4C.

danowat

Banned
Yep I feel the same.....have set the deadzones to 0 and 100 for everything except for clutch, but it doesnt get much better.
Same with the TX wheel, the brake paddle has soo much travel till it gets recognized in-game its not funny and then you only have some small space left to control your breaking.
Maybe the deadzones from the input devices are just bad?
A little bit on-screen feedback for the breaking would also help, i always need to stare at the little lines at the speedometer to see if I even brake now. A little camera movement would be nice, race useally in the hood view.

I wonder if the Xbox elite controller with it's customizable triggers via the app would help?

spuckthew

The Thrustmaster TX is likely a better wheel. If price is similar skip the Logitech wheel.

The new Thrustmaster bundles are the way to go. You save a bunch of money & get the good stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0151K6FPC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Are there known issues with the G920? The pedals look slightly better than the standard TP3A set (all metal rather than just metal pads).

Anyway, Thrustmaster appear to have boned the UK pricing because the same kit is £460 (I couldn't find an actual bundle). No idea how much shipping and customs charges would be on something like that, but it would probably be a lot and thus come out similar compared to just buying it here.

The G920, on the other hand, is a measly £300 (which is more or less the same as converting $470, but yeah shipping/customs etc).

freefornow

Has this been posted??

http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/games-forza-motorsport-6-drive-to-win-contest

To celebrate the launch of the highly-anticipated Forza Motorsport 6 on Xbox One, players will be invited to take part in an in-game challenge for the chance to win this once in a lifetime opportunity. Winners will travel to Australia to experience one of the biggest days in the international touring car calendar as racing legend Marcos Ambrose and Xbox Racing Team lead driver Scott Pye challenge the V8 Supercar field in the Xbox Racing #17 Ford Falcon FG X.

Jube3

First time attempting a ratrod/barn find style of rusty paint. I think I need to add a bit more shades of bright orange to it, but I shared it as is for now if anyone is interested. It was pretty fun, I used mainly 2 shapes to create the effect (paint splatters bottom right corner).
21355638661_c63012f15c_b.jpg

terrible

Banned
Are there known issues with the G920? The pedals look slightly better than the standard TP3A set (all metal rather than just metal pads).

Anyway, Thrustmaster appear to have boned the UK pricing because the same kit is £460 (I couldn't find an actual bundle). No idea how much shipping and customs charges would be on something like that, but it would probably be a lot and thus come out similar compared to just buying it here.

The G920, on the other hand, is a measly £300 (which is more or less the same as converting $470, but yeah shipping/customs etc).

The G920 is basically just a G27. The TX has better FFB and the pedals have a higher resolution. The G27 was great because it was good value. The G920 (at least here) costs the same as the TX though so it's no longer good value [edit: I think the G920 actually costs more here!].

I just stuck with the basic TX setup, didn't bother upgrading the rim or pedals yet. Those bundles cost just as much as ordering them separately here lol.

Top Bottom