• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

etta

my hard graphic balls
I do not think any of this is real, I mean split-screen? The physics + rendering everything twice, they will probably have to drop it to 30fps in split-screen. Also, all the typos, and the general page layout makes it seem like this was some sort of hack on the website, but who would do a hack just to add some plausible information about the upcoming game? Also, 50fps? When was the last time a developer targetted 50fps? Or any framerate in between 30 and 60? They either aim for 60, unlocked 30 or locked 30.

I believe the weather and day/night is real, the 450 cars seems plausible, the 1080p for sure, and 60fps is guaranteed, they don't even have to confirm that. But the split-screen is the one thing I don't think will happen.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I do not think any of this is real, I mean split-screen? The physics + rendering everything twice, they will probably have to drop it to 30fps in split-screen. Also, all the typos, and the general page layout makes it seem like this was some sort of hack on the website, but who would do a hack just to add some plausible information about the upcoming game? Also, 50fps? When was the last time a developer targetted 50fps? Or any framerate in between 30 and 60? They either aim for 60, unlocked 30 or locked 30.

I believe the weather and day/night is real, the 450 cars seems plausible, the 1080p for sure, and 60fps is guaranteed, they don't even have to confirm that. But the split-screen is the one thing I don't think will happen.

The screenshots are definitely not fake, split-screen is going to be toned down and will probably run at 30 fps.

Its on the official Xbox Japan page, its real. Even with some typos.

Noobcraft

I do not think any of this is real, I mean split-screen? The physics + rendering everything twice, they will probably have to drop it to 30fps in split-screen.
Forza 5 has 60 fps split screen. They dropped the crowds and ai racers to do it but it's 60 fps.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The screenshots are definitely not fake, split-screen is going to be toned down and will probably run at 30 fps.

Its on the official Xbox Japan page, its real. Even with some typos.

Forza 5 has 60 fps split screen.

Well I'll be damned. I have been playing it for over a year now, well mostly just solo Nordschleife runs, and I had no idea it even had split-screen, let alone it ran at 60fps.

wachie

Split-screen doesnt mean rendering twice.

Metfanant

I'm hoping "wet" and "night" includes dynamic weather and day/night changes and not just wet tracks with puddles, or set times of day...

I need this game to be the reason I finally got an Xbone

etta

my hard graphic balls
Day 1 for sure. I am hoping the rain will look as good as DC, but somehow have better visibility. I tried to get used to the driving in it, and I just missed the Forza handling too much.

Split-screen doesnt mean rendering twice.

What do you mean?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Forza 6(Day One)

450+ cars (+217+ cars)

26 environments (+12 environments)

Forza 5(Day One)

233 cars (-300 cars)

14 environments (-10 environments)

Forza 4(Day One)

533 cars

24 environments

mike4001_

On a side note, I actually thought Horizon 2 was 60 FPS the first day I had it, because of how fluid the movement felt in cockpit mode. Had no idea it was 30 FPS. I felt so ashamed. I'm really excited for this game though. I kind of felt the first Forza on X1 was lacking. So I expect this one to be more fleshed out, and feel like an overall package.

Motion Blur doing it´s tricks :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well yeah I doubt he'll say people will end up being disappointed :p

He could just not say anything. I really think this is the Forza we have all be waiting for. Dramatic weather, dynamic day and night, and, well, the rest it has (60 fps, 1080p, epic physics).

FordGTGuy

Banned
Oh yeah. Forgot about the secret sauce.

Forward plus rendering was a large reason they were able to pull off the lighting in Horizon 2, Forza 5 used deferred rendering. Forza 6 will be the first DX12 Forza title, which is no doubt part of the ForzaTech PR machine that will be going on.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It would have been completely embarrassing if it didn't have night and weather racing. So good on them for finally re hauling their engine. Looking forward to some gameplay vids.

mike4001_

Forza 6(Day One)

450+ cars

26 environments

Forza 5(Day One)

233 cars

14 environments

Forza 4(Day One)

533 cars

24 environments

Seems they can produce 250 new cars in their 2 year cycle.

I am OK with that. Glad they don´t recycle old X360 car models.

OmegaDL50

I hope there is night/day cycle and not only night race variant to choose from.

This and hopefully they don't overuse the fact they now include weather and night racing.

Driveclub while a great game, some of the Tour packs have an overabundance of night time + weather events.

Generally in real life racing strong weather is sign for the race to be postponed due to the weather.

I don't mind Night Racing, as it is present in the 24 hour events such as LeMans, however Night Time Racing during a Strong Rain are two combinations I can live without.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Forward plus rendering was a large reason they were able to pull off the lighting in Horizon 2, Forza 5 used deferred rendering. Forza 6 will be the first DX12 Forza title, which is no doubt part of the ForzaTech PR machine that will be going on.

This makes me giddy. Forza Horizon 2 is my favourite car game of all time. Holy shit though, my hype just increased abruptly and exponentially for E3. Thankfully, WWDC in two days will help pass a bit of the time faster.

Wow, I thought it was 30 fps. That's some wizardry for a launch title.
Yet the only thing GAF gave a fuck about at launch were 2d crowds and lack of night/weather.
On a serious note, what would happen if the game ran at 50fps on a 60HZ TV? Constant tearing? As a guy who spends as much time in the livery editor and photo mode as time spent racing, I really hope they bring back 8MP big shots AND up the livery resolution in photo mode. After all, the shapes are simple vectors.

c0de

Perhaps Helios should be allowed to drop us a few lines before the whole discussion leads to people believing the game will really run at 50fps and a resolution of 1080px which already overcharges people.

Might not be dynamic day / night cycle and just a separate load up for each track. Which is fine IMO because the extra horsepower saved by using 'baked' lighting can be used elsewhere.

And seriously, how many actual racing events take place during significant daylight changes?

RyudBoy

Perhaps Helios should be allowed to drop us a few lines before the whole discussion leads to people believing the game will really run at 50fps and a resolution of 1080px which already overcharges people.

I don't think anyone actually believes that.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Might not be dynamic day / night cycle and just a separate load up for each track. Which is fine IMO because the extra horsepower saved by using 'baked' lighting can be used elsewhere.

And seriously, how many actual racing events take place during significant daylight changes?

Not many, however; I would like to see a return to endurance racing.

c0de

Is Forza 5 confirmed using deferred rendering?
I don't put my money on dx12 but on the much better state of the xdk and more resources available for games, also because of Kinect “drop“.

LOL
Source or tales from my ass? You are srsly not someone that is hyping up DX12?

etta

my hard graphic balls

I have done 70 lap Nordschleife runs once or twice, so it could be nice. But I would too vote for them to use baked lighting if it helps deliver better looking rain than FH2.

OmegaDL50

The 24 Hours LeMans and Daytona, Also other long endurance race events. Such as the 12 Hours of Sebring

SgtCobra

He could just not say anything. I really think this is the Forza we have all be waiting for. Dramatic weather, dynamic day and night, and, well, the rest it has (60 fps, 1080p, epic physics).
Or its his work to communicate with the community and hype people up/advertise the game. There's nothing wrong with that but I'll have to see for myself if I'll end up disappointed or not, playing the game is the best way to find that out even though the bullet points we have right now seem very appealing.

Great to hear, lol @50fps.

Top Bottom