• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Mascot

My new favorite quote from Dan:

"It’s not ‘usually 60’, it’s not ‘sometimes 60’, it’s not ‘we try to be 60’. We’re 60 [frames per second], in all conditions, with 24 cars on track." - Dan

Not in all conditions. Not during a wet night race.

I'M FUCKING JOKING.

terrible

Banned
My new favorite quote from Dan:

"It’s not ‘usually 60’, it’s not ‘sometimes 60’, it’s not ‘we try to be 60’. We’re 60 [frames per second], in all conditions, with 24 cars on track." - Dan

You said a lot of the extra cars over Forza 5, there are over 200+ extra cars and a lot implies a high percentage.

Doubles probably will represent 2-5% of the car list at most.

There's about 10-20 doubles from the new cars so far. I'm not sure what % that makes it out of the new cars that have been revealed but it's enough to be mentioned considering how many cool unique cars that people have on their wish lists that won't make it into the game imo.

We have Formula E, the Indy cars, and the WTCC cars that are the easiest to spot. They are all solid additions but the PR speak of 450 cars does lose some meaning when we have doubles.

I'll wipe away my tears while driving a Zakspeed Capri though, don't worry.

GlamFM

Banned
Lucky! Did you get to play on Brands Hatch in the rain? Really keen for more impressions on the how the rain plays in the game

Played the test track in the rain. Puddles can really mess you up. Very important to know where the puddles are on the track - you never want to hit them at all, but when you do always with all 4 tires and don´t steer AT ALL.

Rain looked super impressive overall - especially in cockpit view.

Gamescom demo title screen

tpBXpKJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/Turn10_BigBoss/status/628878721819086848

What are the chances footage of this press demo will make it to us plebs?

danowat

Banned
Played the test track in the rain. Puddles can really mess you up. Very important to know where the puddles are on the track - you never want to hit them at all, but when you do always with all 4 tires and don´t steer AT ALL.

Dem 3D puddles man, they'll getcha.

I love that every iteration of FM has a buzz sentence, "car passion", "car lovers into gamers and gamers into car lovers"

FM Bingo!

GlamFM

Banned
How's the feeling of connection to road compared to f5? Wheel or pad... more details man. ;)

Can´t comment on that, because a crowded showfloor is no place where i can really concentrate.

Played on a pad.

They had something like 5 races to choose from and I played all of them.

The Rio Track is really cool BTW.

We´re all gonna love FM6!

I'm having an issue with my Forza Rewards... I am only getting the bare minimum of extra cash even though I have well over a hundred cars from each game. For some reason it is not counting it correctly. I even think Forza Rewards stat page counts all my cars, but the bonus cash content still reads the minimum.

Reposting as my issue is still ongoing.

Hanmik

are the puddles in the same place all the time..?

FordGTGuy

Banned
There's about 10-20 doubles from the new cars so far. I'm not sure what % that makes it out of the new cars that have been revealed but it's enough to be mentioned considering how many cool unique cars that people have on their wish lists that won't make it into the game imo.

We have Formula E, the Indy cars, and the WTCC cars that are the easiest to spot. They are all solid additions but the PR speak of 450 cars does lose some meaning when we have doubles.

I'll wipe away my tears while driving a Zakspeed Capri though, don't worry.

Are we really going to be complaining when 420+ of the cars on launch are unique?

What other racing game has ever had this many high quality unique models?(Forza 4 only had a few ForzaVista cars.)

Mascot

Played it yesterday. Loved it.

This can be pretty subjective but how did overall grip levels compare to FM5? More slippery, less, slippery, about the same? Just looking for a gut feel, I know your time was limited and show floors are a clusterfuck of sensual overload surrounded by smelly annoying twats.

GlamFM

Banned
This can be pretty subjective but how did overall grip levels compare to FM5? More slippery, less, slippery, about the same? Just looking for a gut feel, I know your time was limited and show floors are a clusterfuck of sensual overload surrounded by smelly annoying twats.

I can´t really comment on that since all tracks had different mandatory cars I had to use + as you said, a showfloor is no place to really feel this stuff out.

I´d say about the same... maybe?

I really don´t know.

2 Races were in the rain BTW - also a factor.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
We got to film the whole BCD presentation a few minutes ago. Nothing mindblowing to show, but still some nice stuff coming soon :)

Lego Boss

Economics (new bathroom installation) means I have to decide between this and Mad Max.

Forza looks sweet, but I fancy something a bit different as the sim racers this gen just haven't done it for me (I'm looking at you PCars), whereas FH2 was immaculate.

Please be good Turn 10.

I've been playing so much of 5 in the last few weeks. I absolutely cannot wait for this.

Have they gone into any kind of detail about the ranked online leagues? Sounds really really cool if it works.

Azzawon

Have they gone into any kind of detail about the ranked online leagues? Sounds really really cool if it works.

They had a writeup in their Gamescom coverage article on the FM website:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_gamescom_2015
This week, we’re showing off competitive multiplayer Leagues for the first time at Gamescom. If you love online racing, this new Leagues feature was built for you. Leagues are a brand new multiplayer feature for Forza 6, one that lets players compete in thrilling multiplayer races that are scheduled and based around each player’s skill level and temperament.

The cornerstones of Leagues are its scheduled race lobbies. All League lobbies run on a schedule and will be open in the game during specific times each day. For example, there might be a B-Class League lobby that will be open for four hours per day for a full week; after which, it will be replaced with a new League lobby featuring different cars and/or tracks. While a League’s daily open window may vary from League to League, we are designing these windows to be open to allow the most players within different time zones.

During an open window, players can join a League Lobby and compete against one another in that lobby’s playlist. After each race, players will earn points based on their performance (what position they placed in, as well as the number of higher-skilled players they beat). As long as a League window is open, players can continue to play in that lobby and earn points; these points will accumulate on that League’s leaderboard for the duration of the League. Once a scheduled League has closed down, players will earn credits based on their final position on the League’s overall leaderboard.

Our goal with League racing is to have players always have multiplayer matches that are geared to their skill. To do that, we are organizing players into different skill-based Driver Divisions. All players will begin at the lowest division when they first start playing in Leagues and more skilled players will quickly move up into their appropriate divisions. Each time a player races, we recalculate his or her skill level by comparing how that player finishes among the other players in a race. The more races you win or place highly in, the better the chance you’ll move up to a new League division. Once a League begins, players will remain in that league until the League has completed. When the new set of Leagues is set, each player’s Driver Division will be reviewed and players will potentially be reclassified based on their current skill level. In addition to skill level, League players will be organized by their temperament levels, which will ensure that clean drivers will be paired with other clean drivers, while players who tend to enjoy more contact will be racing with similar style opponents.

Driver Division will also control which League events players have access to. A newer, less skilled driver won’t be able to see or have access to the same League events available to elite-skill players. This allows us to create race events that fit for different players, tailoring the cars and tracks to the most appropriate skill levels.

For Forza Motorsport 6, Online Leagues represent a fantastic opportunity for players to get the best multiplayer racing experience on a consistent basis. In addition to a regular cadence of updated Race Leagues, we’ll also be creating special events that will give players of all skill levels the chance to compete. Whether it’s with one-off series tied to real-world race weekends or invite-only events featuring the best racers in the world, Online Leagues promises to be an incredibly exciting, and always changing, new feature in the game.
An absolutely terrible comparison, but from one perspective it sounds somewhat like leagues in Clash of Clans.

willbsn13

It's only talk and Q&A, and as you can hear our sound isn't too good, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that.

So no gameplay in the background? If so, I reckon still upload. Anyway love your work Blim, thanks for uploading that footage of the new gorgeous homespace!

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Some infos I got from the Q&A :
- there's no qualifications but there's "mods" you can activate to change your place on the starting grid and get better rewards
- mods are like skulls in Halo, it adds more challenge and thus better rewards at the end of the race
- there's mods that can force cockpit view and make you start at the last place
- now you can tune your car and practice before each race, without having to leave the race
- career mode is 70+ hours long
- in career there are two parts : Stories of Motorsport and Showcases events
- in Stories of Motorsport there is 5 groups, going from street cars to hypercars, not much details about how it works
- in Showcases events you don't have to own the car, you can drive against some people like Tanner Foust and The Stig (Hammond and May are there too, he did not talk about Clarkson)
- you can switch between those two career parts anytime
- he talked a lot about multiplayer and Leagues, most of which is in there latest post on forzamotorsport.net
- there's a spectating feature

I asked for qualis but forgot about race length, my bad :(
Hope some "mods" can make it longuer if it's too short or fixed.

Top Bottom