• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 - Review thread

emjot

GTSport might have surpassed them but some of the comments are laughable from that Gamespot preview/review. He said cars feel like Driveclub. Yeah......right.

I didn't read it that way. We don't know his settings and Gamespot is not a sim outlet. You could always dump down the driving with assists way more than you could go all-in sim. So I guess you can get close to the Driveclub feel if you want, but surely not on simulation steering with all assists off.

m23

I'll be picking this up when I get my XBX. First forza in a long while that I won't get at launch, but I want to play it the best way I can.

Windows Central definitely doesn’t help themselves with the review headlines either haha.

Gears got a 5/5, Recore 4/5, Quantum Break 4.5/5, Halo Wars 2 4.5/5...and check the titles on those reviews :p

Even as an Xbox fan I just can’t take them seriously. Not to say they are that far off but I’ll wait for other outlets

OK, next time, if you prefer, i'll just join in with the shill accusations. I assume that that will please you more.

This is my most anticipated game of the year and I thought the joke was funny.

People are way too uptight about anything that isn't cheerleading.

I didn't read it that way. We don't know his settings and Gamespot is not a sim outlet. You could always dump down the driving with assists way more than you could go all-in sim. So I guess you can get close to the Driveclub feel if you want, but surely not on simulation steering with all assists off.

Driveclub is no where near simulation though. Why would you want Forza to play like it? stick to Horizon if that is the case.

Chobel

Eh, there's nothing suggests that WP shilling or anything like that. I mean it's only 2 points (over 100) above the average score.

Haven’t had an Xbox in a while but I think I’m gonna jump back in with the XBO X and this game. Haven’t played a Forza since 4 but this looks to good to pass up.

Windows Central definitely doesn’t help themselves with the review headlines either haha.

Gears got a 5/5, Recore 4/5, Quantum Break 4.5/5, Halo Wars 2 4.5/5...and check the titles on those reviews :p

Even as an Xbox fan I just can’t take them seriously. Not to say they are that far off but I’ll wait for other outlets

I agree but let's be honest, they are not the only platform specific website to lay on the hyperbolic shit for a game. I find it quite sad they have to go that route, placating is alright short term but long term credibility goes to shit.

Dynomutt

Does the game support LAN play yet. I never understood why developers all started removing LAN play from racers. It was one of my favorite parts about Forza 1/2 and was sorely missed in 3.

Also can you do triple screen on Xbox One still using multiple Xbox ones?

GHG

I'm pretty sure FM7 is going to get a few more 10's. Should we question the impartiality of every site that gives it a high score?

Yes.

In the same way that those who give it a low score will get questioned :) .

This is how every review thread goes.

spuckthew

I haven't played any Forza since 4 but aren't they actually pretty good sims? Not on the level of something like AC or iRacing but IIRC FM5 and FM6 had better physics than GT6.

I'm in the same boat. I also had a Fanatec GT2 wheel which was compatible with both Xbox 360 and PC, so I was playing FM4 during a period where I was dabbling in iRacing, rFactor and the early Codemasters F1 games on PC. And if I'm being completely honest, the 'true' sims weren't any more difficult to drive, or overly different in feeling, compared to FM4.

I guess the point I'm trying to make in a roundabout way is that Forza Motorsport should be good enough for all but the hardcore sim racers.

Does the game support LAN play yet. I never understood why developers all started removing LAN play from racers. It was one of my favorite parts about Forza 1/2 and was sorely missed in 3.

Also can you do triple screen on Xbox One still using multiple Xbox ones?

No LAN play and that multiple screen thing was last used in FM4.

Well I just did the Russian store order, praise Google translate.
That version only has Lada and Volga cars.

Urgh I hate that Xbox reddit, brimming with obnoxious fanboys who vote down anything that isn't ass kissing.

Shit will never change.

When you have most powerful console launching in the few weeks, then you have Forza 7 that was made for this bad boi it's a bad recipe for a panic and a big clusterfk.

Just enjoy you're platform of choice to the fullest and move on...I happened to be rocking both X1X (Nov7th) and a White Pro Destiny 2 bundle..happy AF and enjoy em both.

Top Bottom