• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 - Review thread

Shit will never change.

When you have most powerful console launching in the few weeks, then you have Forza 7 that was made for this bad boi it's a bad recipe for a panic and a big clusterfk.

Just enjoy you're platform of choice to the fullest and move on...I happened to be rocking both X1X (Nov7th) and a White Pro Destiny 2 bundle..happy AF and enjoy em both.

That's cool, the new dashboard is coming along nicely too, I don't know if you are in the preview programme but the new dash prepped for 1X launch could be the best in quite while from MS, just a few tweaks and maybe a few little additions here and there and it could be really good I think.

KageMaru

Yes.

In the same way that those who give it a low score will get questioned :) .

This is how every review thread goes.

Problem is it's usually not the same people questioning the high and low scores, so it just becomes talking points for warriors.

To be fair, polygon are partially funded by Microsoft and even they held off scoring it yet. Demo was great so I wouldn't be surprised by high 9s across the board.

The xboxox needs a killer app, a lot of pressure is on turn 10 to deliver.

I don’t think a racing game is the killer app for me, but I still hope the game does well. Looks like it will. I just want to see this in person in 4K.

Yeah, that's why I love NeoGAF. Microsoft bashing party everyday. /s

Meh, the poster isn’t wrong. I’m on that Reddit all the time, it’s awful. I don’t even say anything inflammatory and I catch downvotes for the silliest stuff. They’re always bashing gaf as well. I’ll mention that we have a great Xbox community here that people should check out and that never goes well lol.

dieter

Neo Member
Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any of the reviews mention "Homologation" yet, which is the new tech making all the cars competitive in mplayer. Perhaps the reviewers need to see the game launch and lobbies full to get a better sense of it it works.

I'd love to hear more about it and if it works as well as I hope it will work. I love Forza, but lack of gaming time means I don't get to player mplayer that regularly. In Previous Forzas it was annoying to get in a multiplayer race only to find my car isn't competitive or I forgot to upgrade it to the class limit. Having that be automatic sounds like a feature that will make me player multiplayer a whole lot more.

More info on Homologation if anyone is interested: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

hwalker84

Windows Central definitely doesn’t help themselves with the review headlines either haha.

Gears got a 5/5, Recore 4/5, Quantum Break 4.5/5, Halo Wars 2 4.5/5...and check the titles on those reviews :p

Even as an Xbox fan I just can’t take them seriously. Not to say they are that far off but I’ll wait for other outlets

I'd drop Gears to 4/5 and Recore to 2/5. The others I completely agree with score wise.

MaDKaT

The demo left me pretty luke warm (PC), especially with how using a wheel feels(Fanatec GT3 RS/Clubsport). However controller support is great (picked up an S controller) so Im pretty content. However, the technical issues I had with the demo, that mimic the issues I had with horizon early on, have me really hesitant to pick this up day one. Look forward to reading more reviews and impressions.

Azzawon

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any of the reviews mention "Homologation" yet, which is the new tech making all the cars competitive in mplayer. Perhaps the reviewers need to see the game launch and lobbies full to get a better sense of it it works.

I'd love to hear more about it and if it works as well as I hope it will work. I love Forza, but lack of gaming time means I don't get to player mplayer that regularly. In Previous Forzas it was annoying to get in a multiplayer race only to find my car isn't competitive or I forgot to upgrade it to the class limit. Having that be automatic sounds like a feature that will make me player multiplayer a whole lot more.

More info on Homologation if anyone is interested: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

First time I've seen this, thanks for posting! Seems like an interesting concept and might shake up the multiplayer scene quite a bit compared to the past. Looking forward to it.

Luckydog

Usual suspects dive in early to thread move goalposts and downlplay. Never change.

Either way, so far it looks pretty good and I thought the demo was solid. Hopefully reviews bear out that it has some legs which is always my big concern.

I saw someone mention earlier that F6 felt a bit "slippy" and I would agree with that. its hard for me to tell with the cars in the demo, but will be able to tell better once I get into the game and I can buy my actual car and compare to real life.

First time I've seen this, thanks for posting! Seems like an interesting concept and might shake up the multiplayer scene quite a bit compared to the past. Looking forward to it.

It's similar to the way older Gran Turismo games worked - with set tire compounds and horsepower limits. I think it's a good move for single and multiplayer.

WHM-6R

Neo Member

As a long time Forza fan and Tier 11 rewards player, homologation is one of the most exciting things added to FM7, its been a long time coming I've wished for more competitive cars instead of just a few leaderboard cars dominating.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Yeah, that's why I love NeoGAF. Microsoft bashing party everyday. /s

Well at least you can have reasonable discussion with a few on here.

IMG_0807.png
IMG_0814.png

Stoping lying to yourself come man

99% of Xbox threads on neogaf are train wrecks with in the first 10 posts. You having a reasonable discussion through the shitposts ?

probably why people on Reddit dislike this forum so much.

Chaser324

Banned
LMAO. Twelve years and seven games into the franchise, and the same people still poke their head out and complain it's not a hardcore sim every single time there's a new release.

IMG_0807.png
IMG_0814.png

Stoping lying to yourself come man

99% of Xbox threads on neogaf are train wrecks with in the first 10 posts. You having a reasonable discussion through the shitposts ?

probably why people on Reddit dislike this forum so much.

I'm not lying. I am speaking from personal experience in the sense that I can agree to disagree on here with no problems at all with some people. Notice I said some, not all. You think I'm making this place out to be some haven when it isn't. My experiences here have been better than the Xbox reddit, that's all it is.

Sans 5, Forza has always being Microsoft's safest bet (I mean this in the most positive way), so no surprise that is reviewing quite well. It's the best racing franchise currently available.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
does the Windows 10 Store have a refund policy? I want to buy it but I'm worried about the performance. In the demo it was bad but maybe the full game is different.

Gek54

All these people trying to trying to downplay it by calling it simcade are out of their minds. The tire and suspension physics alone are up there with the best if not the best.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Oh, this is disappointing, I was hoping to play with Xbox friends.

I think the drivatars of Xbox players show up in the PC version but I could be wrong. A description of drivatars: "The game learns the driving style of each individual player as they race on different tracks, and builds an artificial intelligence (AI) drivatar for each player."

Luckydog

Are you sim yet? No? Call me when you sim.

Over the course of the past decade, what have they done to give the impression that T10 wants to make this a sim? Its not. At best they lean toward appearing to be a sim while still focusing on fun. That would be like me coming in here and saying "Is it a MOBA yet? No? Call me when its a MOBA."

Theorry

Review in progress.

Unlike the all-too-familiar-feeling Project CARS 2, Forza Motorsport 7 feels like a true sequel. One that fixes nagging, outstanding issues, pushes ahead with truly awesome weather effects and vast track and car counts, and delivers what looks – so far – to be the best serious racing experience of the current generation. Gran Turismo Sport might have met its match before it’s even entered the ring.

Check back on Monday for our full review.

http://www.gamesradar.com/forza-motorsport-7-review/

Theorry

MSpoweruser.

We could go on and on about Forza Motorsport 7 but the fact is that it’s the best racing game we’ve ever played. It draws you in and makes you heart beat faster because of the tense races. Hardcore racing fans can enjoy it by turning off all the assists and newcomers won’t feel like it’s an impossible task to win races. Racing games should be inviting and Forza Motorsport 7 definitely does that. This is definitely the gold standard out there and we can’t wait to see what Turn 10 Studios does in the future.

https://mspoweruser.com/review-forza-motorsport-7-outstanding-every-way/

hwalker84

I'd love for this to go on a three year cycle. I think there's an opportunity

Forza (Your traditional racing game)
Horizon (Your open world off road and street game)
Forza Street Racing/ Forza Gotham/Whatever you want to call it (Your more arcadey street racing game)

jbug617

Banned
Games Radar Review in Progress (Final Review on Monday)
After reviewing Forza 6 and experiencing a deep, nagging feeling that the game simply wasn’t very enjoyable, Forza Motorsport 7 is a very welcome surprise. If ever there was suspicion that Turn 10 Studios would focus on making the best-looking showcase for Xbox One X at the expense of making a truly great racing game (and fixing the problems of its predecessor), then we feel bad for entertaining that idea.

Unlike the all-too-familiar-feeling Project CARS 2, Foza Motorsport 7 feels like a true sequel. One that fixes nagging, outstanding issues, pushes ahead with truly awesome weather effects and vast track and car counts, and delivers what looks – so far – to be the best serious racing experience of the current generation. Gran Turismo Sport might have met its match before it’s even entered the ring.
http://www.gamesradar.com/forza-motorsport-7-review/

I haven't played any Forza since 4 but aren't they actually pretty good sims? Not on the level of something like AC or iRacing but IIRC FM5 and FM6 had better physics than GT6.

The dichotomy of a game being a sim or not is an incorrect way of looking at things and causes much confusion. Forza Motorsport is, and always has been, a good sim game. However, it is important to realize they aren't attempting to simulate everything. For example, race series rules/flag system, detailed pit strategies, and others have never been in the game and probably won't. Some will claim this makes it not sim, or arcade, or simcade by default. However, the actual vehicle modeling and physics are very good. That is the simulation element forza focuses on. The actual racing. I would argue the Xbox one iterations are much better than GT6 in this regard.

xion4360

It looks fantastic but I dont think its the best looking game ever. I find it hard to think that about racing games since cars are easier to do well than characters, and most of the trees are 2D. Thats just my opinion.

It seems god rays are out of the equation, haven't seen the effect anywhere. EDIT - Its still in.

Having watched/played other recent racers, I don't think any of them compare to FM7 at 4k as an overall package.

I agree with that, I just dont agree with the wider games in general.

MSPowerUser - 10/10 https://mspoweruser.com/review-forza-motorsport-7-outstanding-every-way/

We could go on and on about Forza Motorsport 7 but the fact is that it’s the best racing game we’ve ever played. It draws you in and makes you heart beat faster because of the tense races. Hardcore racing fans can enjoy it by turning off all the assists and newcomers won’t feel like it’s an impossible task to win races. Racing games should be inviting and Forza Motorsport 7 definitely does that. This is definitely the gold standard out there and we can’t wait to see what Turn 10 Studios does in the future.

shandy706

"After reviewing Forza 6 and experiencing a deep, nagging feeling that the game simply wasn't very enjoyable, Forza Motorsport 7 is a very welcome surprise. If ever there was suspicion that Turn 10 Studios would focus on making the best-looking showcase for Xbox One X at the expense of making a truly great racing game (and fixing the problems of its predecessor), then we feel bad for entertaining that idea. " - GamesRadar

It looks fantastic but I dont think its the best looking game ever. I find it hard to think that about racing games since cars are easier to do well than characters, and most of the trees are 2D. Thats just my opinion.

It seems god rays are out of the equation, haven't seen the effect anywhere.

Having watched/played other recent racers, I don't think any of them compare to FM7 at 4k as an overall package.

Get that OP updated, starting to come in now :p

Damn, Microsoft went far and wide in paying the websites this year. /s

Jokes aside, congrats to Turn 10, FM5 aside it seems like every Motorsport and Horizon game manages to drastically improve upon its predecessors while also feeling same-y enough to feel familiar. Will definitely pick it up soon, question is, will I resist the temptation to play it before my One X arrives?

Top Bottom