• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

Project 1: ARPG with dark fantasy setting similar to DS

tumblr_noyxptlKaC1rn9ge0o7_400.gif

Are we back Bloodborne GAF?

Veelk

Banned

I hope not. I really love bloodborne...like, a LOT....but I think their at their best when their experimenting with something new. They have other genre's/settings they can tackle other than lovecraftian horror.

I would be more excited for a Sci-fi Souls game, for example.

Coda

I hope not. I really love bloodborne...like, a LOT....but I think their at their best when their experimenting with something new. They have other genre's/settings they can tackle other than lovecraftian horror.

I agree, I loved Bloodborne but I want to see a new setting and new type of gameplay from them. It can have parallels and similarities to the Dark Souls series but I don't want it to be so close and familiar feeling.

I'd die inside if they make a new Metal Wolf Chaos though.

Bloodborne 2, Sci-fi Souls, Demons' Souls remaster / remix, Kings Field remake / reboot (with a 3rd person view option)...

I would be happy with either or all.

Preferably all.

Those games sell well for them. Money will dictate whether or not something similar is coming. Essentially Miyazaki will be taking a more hands-off approach on that genre for awhile though.

While I agree that money is the reason they kept making Souls games to the point that we got one per year since 2014. Now that Fromsoft is a more recognizable name, they have the chance to move on and turn their less recognized IP into popular games. There's a reason why the words "From the creators of..." Are a thing in trailers. Business wise it makes sense to use your name to give more value to your less recognized products.

Yes.

Just like Bloodborne. So, if the game isn't Bloodborne 2 (which is honestly pretty likely to be the case), it could be a new IP that approaches an ARPG from a different angle than Dark Souls.

No, I'm really not. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're not working on a BB sequel or even a spiritual successor.

You are, however, nitpicking my words. I want From to work on whatever From wants to work on.

You know what the words "a dark fantasy ARPG" also describe? King's Field. And in fact, Fromsoft has a lot of experience in that genre previous to Demon's Souls, and that's the actual reason why Sony went to Fromsoft to create a dark fantasy ARPG for them.

I'm not calling you out specifically. I do mean it when I say I don't understand why there are fans that want them to keep making dark fantasy ARPGs until the fans get tired of them when they can make awesome games that can potentially sell as much as the Souls games now and that can keep Fromsoft fresh.

This thread was created when we heard they are working in three games, and many people want one of those games to be somehow related to Bloodborne. But why if Fromsoft want to leave that kind of games behind for a while (as the recent interviews with Miyazaki seem to imply)?

All the people pining for Bloodborne 2 are gonna end up as the same lost souls who waited for Demon Souls 2

Those people got Dark Souls, which is clearly the logical progression from Demon's Souls. Those two IP are far more similar to each other than Bloodborne.

If the hopes and dreams of Bloodborne fans ends up in the creation of Goreborne, I'm fairly certain they'll still be happy.

While I agree that money is the reason they kept making Souls games to the point that we got one per year since 2014. Now that Fromsoft is a more recognizable name, they have the chance to move on and turn their less recognized IP into popular games. There's a reason why the words "From the creators of..." Are a thing in trailers. Business wise it makes sense to use your name to give more value to your less recognized products.

You know what the words "a dark fantasy ARPG" also describe? King's Field. And in fact, Fromsoft has a lot of experience in that genre previous to Demon's Souls, and that's the actual reason why Sony went to Fromsoft to create a dark fantasy ARPG for them.

I'm not calling you out specifically. I do mean it when I say I don't understand why there are fans that want them to keep making dark fantasy ARPGs until the fans get tired of them when they can make awesome games that can potentially sell as much as the Souls games now and that can keep Fromsoft fresh.

This thread was created when we heard they are working in three games, and many people want one of those games to be somehow related to Bloodborne. But why if Fromsoft want to leave that kind of games behind for a while (as the recent interviews with Miyazaki seem to imply)?
From's made more than enough money to do whatever they want and Miyazaki is head of the company now. No one is "making" them do anything. If they didn't want to make a dark fantasy ARPG they wouldn't.

Those people got Dark Souls, which is clearly the logical progression from Demon's Souls. Those two IP are far more similar to each other than Bloodborne.

If the hopes and dreams of Bloodborne fans ends up in the creation of Goreborne, I'm fairly certain they'll still be happy.
People to this day still ask for demon souls 2.

I was hoping project 2 would be a new Shadow Tower or King's Field. At the very least I feel Ancient City deserves a remaster, the game seems amazing but the controls are just a big nope.gif

Shin-chan

The people clamouring for Bloodborne 2 will end up the same as people complaining of fatigue in Dark Souls 2 & 3. Half of the brilliance in the series is uncovering the mysteries of a whole new universe.

Hopefully the next ARPG from them is a spiritual successor to Bloodborne with a brand new artstyle and some gameplay alterations.

Bloodborne 2 can be done later down the line once more time has passed.

VertPin

This is my real fear for a BB2 which likely wont be headed by Miyazaki :[

If it happens okay, but for the love of God dont ruin the smooth gameplay or excellent lore/world. :[

Wasn't The Old Hunter's mainly done by SCEJA with Miyazaki's supervision?

Arkeband

Banned
The people clamouring for Bloodborne 2 will end up the same as people complaining of fatigue in Dark Souls 2 & 3. Half of the brilliance in the series is uncovering the mysteries of a whole new universe.

Hopefully the next ARPG from them is a spiritual successor to Bloodborne with a brand new artstyle and some gameplay alterations.

Bloodborne 2 can be done later down the line once more time has passed.

But if they name it something different, we'll have to stop referring to the umbrella of games as "Soulsborne".

I don't know if I can handle a 3-word portmanteau.

Madchad

Been reading alot about Armored Core maybe making a comeback having never played the series i decided to jump in and nabbed 4, For Answer, V and Verdict day off ebay all for under £20 will give them a raz when they turn up.

I read V online servers got shut down sometime ago will still give it ago though.

Hope its decent.

Top Bottom