• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

martino

hopefully the different angle is the opposite of bloodborne...
Not an action simplified rpg but a less action and more rpg focused game

hopefully the different angle is the opposite of bloodborne...
Not an action simplified rpg but a less action and more rpg focused game

I'm the other way round. BB is my favorite game from them and they excel at combat.

Armored Core is all but confirmed, so there's that.

Whatever these games are, they're bound to be good. I hope we'll soon see what they're working on.

BB2 and we're cool. God I missed gun counters in DS3, dead that shit back ASAP!
Also, something about the way they're describing the 'reboot', has me thinking they might combine Armored Core and Metal Wolf Chaos... And that would be hype!
No interest in the vr thing though

TrutaS

As someone who is now replaying Dark Souls 3, I'm happy they will continue to scratch the hitch, with Bloodborne 2 or a new IP. I can get excited about any other of their projects as long as a souls-esque game is being done alongside.

So:

Bloodborne 2
Armoured Core reboot
New IP

?

There will probably also be a Dark Souls 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a gap before that happens.

I want them to keep hitting leftfield. BB2 or DS4 is gross to me.

I don't know what 'leftfield' means (presumably doing something unexpected?), but was Dark Souls 3 "gross" to you as well?! Is more Armoured Core "gross" too?

Also, Sony have them locked down for a 3 game contract, which as I understand it will encompass a Bloodborne sequel and another new IP.

martino

I'm the other way round. BB is my favorite game from them and they excel at combat.

Armored Core is all but confirmed, so there's that.

Whatever these games are, they're bound to be good. I hope we'll soon see what they're working on.

Odes are for you. There are more of you than me.

Bl@de

So:

Bloodborne 2
Armoured Core reboot
New IP

?

There will probably also be a Dark Souls 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a gap before that happens.

DS4 is definetly possible. Maybe even not years away. But I doubt Miyazaki will be involved. He seemed tired of DS and wants to direct something else. It would be another director (which would result in half of GAF going crazy how bad the game is, and how it's a 1/10 compared to the Miyazaki games). DS2 is one of my most beloved entries to the franchise though, so I say bring it on.

As a 28 year old with a waning interest in the actual playing of games (still love being in-the-know), I would happily have Bloodborne 2 as my swan song of gaming.

Ferr986

I don't know what 'leftfield' means (presumably doing something unexpected?), but was Dark Souls 3 "gross" to you as well?! Is more Armoured Core "gross" too?

Also, Sony have them locked down for a 3 game contract, which as I understand it will encompass a Bloodborne sequel and another new IP.

Rumors talks about reboot and new games, no sequels, right?

Not sure there will be BB2. And honestly, I'm fine with that. I prefer new IPs, like what BB was to DS.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
all i want is bloodborne 2 or more Souls even if it's just a remaster of DeS I really want to play Demon's Souls but not prepared to buy a PS3 just for it.

Just a thought, but I think it might be better if the new Souls-like IP would be an evolution of the genre rather than a direct sequel, the same way Bloodborne was an evolution of Demon Soul rather than a direct sequel.

Then we'll have a "Darkness" trilogy HDR remaster for the PS5

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe they're gonna reboot cookie and cream, sweet

2dd.jpg

KORNdoggy

while i'm a bit done with the souls games at this point (didn't even bother with 3) i would happily jump into a new bloodborne. i prefarred it's more aggressive combat and the setting was god-tier.

Alastor3

Im pretty sure in an interview they said it's a game like souls game but not exactly that so I don't think it's BloodBorne 2.

Mr_Moogle

You all know one of these games is a 60 fps remake of Demons Souls for PC. Believe.

EDIT: Holy crap I had no idea From Software owned the license to Tenchu.

I want them to keep hitting leftfield. BB2 or DS4 is gross to me.

Sequels are just good business. It's risky coming out with a new IP. This is necessarily the end of the world though. Like with Dark Souls 2, they will probably get the B-team to make sequels. Team A should still be devoted to new IP's.

If the first project was Bloodborne 2 they'd obviously list it as Bloodborne sequel not "dark fantasy game"; It's a new IP, you guys are grasping at straws.

Also that update from dual shockers is apparently bs which is likely why it's a banned site.

Sendero

More AC is great.

But I'm more interested on Tenchu.
The style, music, gameplay.. the franchise had the whole package.

Alright, change it to "sequel", I'm not going to argue semantics with you. Doesn't change the fact that it's not Bloodborne 2

I'm not arguing semantics. I can only respond to the wording of what you post, as I am not a mind reader.

It's possible it's not BB2, but you certainly haven't convinced me. I'll play whatever they release anyway, so it can be BB2, a new IP, or Dark Souls 4 for all I care.

Top Bottom