• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

Rymuth

Reboot is this, obv

197206_42071_front.jpg

MrHoot

You would have to be crazy to think Bloodborne 2 wasn't happening. Hopefully Miyazaki is heavily involved if not directing it.

Miyazaki is done making souls game and spin off for a while.

So be ready for b-team bloodborne and lowering quality. I expect nothing but monkey's paw for people wanting a bloodborne 2

Molemitts

I just want to see something brand new. I hope it's not VR though that would easily ruin any excitement I have for a new game.

Yea if one of these isn't Bloodborne I'm gonna be hella pissed.

But it's probably Bloodborne 2 so it's cool. My favourite Japanese action-adventure kind of game since DMC4.

So be ready for b-team bloodborne and lowering quality. I expect nothing but monkey's paw for people wanting a bloodborne 2

A B-team developed Bloodborne 2 will still be better than 98 percent of games on the market. I'll take it.

Def sounds like a bloodborne sequel no?

Even B team From Software game would be better then most stuff being released today.

VariantX

Hoping that reboot is Armored Core. Fuck, that series got way more complicated than it needed to. Just go back to the relative simplicity of AC 1-3 I hope.

King's Field VR come on!!! Also people saying they would be pissed for a BB 2...I feel you are in a very vast minority...bring that shit on!

120v

armored core was their most succesful non-souls IP, right? probably the logical candidate for a reboot

my gut tells me there'll be no more bloodborne. anytime soon at least

if kings field comes back it'd probably be a spiritual successor

Nosgotham

please be chromehounds
please be chromehounds
please be chromehounds
please be chromehounds

the world is finally ready

BadWolf

If they can design anything even close to Escaflawne then holy shit, that show is still one of the best anime/rpgs out there.

The mecha designs are something else.

MegaMelon

All I need to know is if they'll be showing anything at e3. I know they've got dark souls 3 dlc to work on and I'm looking forward to that, but a brand new setting opens up so many possibilities.

Glowsquid

If #2 is Armored Core, I wonder if it would be Armored Core 6 (as all numbered entries of Armored Core are essentially "reboots" to the previous numbered entry and its expansions) or a total rethinking of the series.

MrHoot

A B-team developed Bloodborne 2 will still be better than 98 percent of games on the market. I'll take it.

That's a dumb reasoning, who cares about the other games.

I'd like a bloodborne sequel that has significant improvements over previous mechanics while expanding with new ones and bringing something new and relevant to the story.

I liked souls 3 but as a sequel it disappointed me in these aspects, and that was the big multiplat game. I don't see bloodborne 2 being "better". And with the huge amount of souls fatigue due to the annualization of the formula making them have to reuse their same assets, animation and layouts time and time again, I don't expect much from a bloodborne 2 if it's ever announced.

Now an escaflowne like game, that'd be tight

That's a dumb reasoning, who cares about the other games.

I'd like a bloodborne sequel that has significant improvements over previous mechanics while expanding with new ones and bringing something new and relevant to the story.

I liked souls 3 but as a sequel it disappointed me in these aspects, and that was the big multiplat game. I don't see bloodborne 2 being "better". And with the huge amount of souls fatigue due to the annualization of the formula making them have to reuse their same assets, animation and layouts time and time again, I don't expect much from a bloodborne 2 if it's ever announced.

Now an escaflowne like game, that'd be tight

Who says it won't?

Miyazaki confirmed one the projects is an Armored Core game.

Sorry to fans who've been waiting for new Armored Core. Its concept is still charming even now.

I think Armored Core can re-sublimate with another interesting valuable game. And many of our staffs want to make new AC

Personally AC was also what started my career so I have fondness of it. Of course we don't not make a new Armored Core.
Source: 1, 2, 3

I found the last sentence to be a bit weird so I asked the person who translated it if it was a typo and he said that Miyazaki literally said "We don't have an option to not make a new [Armored Core] game."

MrHoot

Who says it won't?

Looking at their last game doesn't leave me very confident. It might still be good, but will basically retread everything from BB1 like DS3 did while bringing just some flavour addition. I'd rather have them take a break from the souls genre for a couple years and bring new creativity elsewhere rather than stretching out soulsborne even thinner

Top Bottom