• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hope that reboot is Armored Core coming to PC.

raven777

Miyazaki confirmed one the projects is an Armored Core game.

Source: 1, 2, 3

I found the last sentence to be a bit weird so I asked the person who translated it if it was a typo and he said that Miyazaki literally said "We don't have an option to not make a new [Armored Core] game."

can you add this to the OP? it's a little bit more indepth

Weird to see my twitter source as a thread....

anyways, since twitter had limited characters I couldn't put much info

For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls
For second project, it could be a reboot but also a new game with ideas that came from their previous franchises.
For third project, he says it's something different from what the company has been doing previously. He says it will be a bit weird.

Orayn

#1 probably isn't Bloodborne 2 since they're saying it's dark fantasy and most of their communication on BB put an emphasis on the setting being different. I hope they branch out and make it even more different from the main Souls series than Bloodborne was.

Good to know that #2 is definitely Armored Core.

Very interested in what 3 will be. Even a new IP in a genre they've never done before would get a boost from putting "FROM THE MAKERS OF DARK SOULS" on the box.

Bloodborne 2 please!!!

large.gif

18-Volt

Wonder if they have anything for Nintendo platforms or Vita. A Tenchu reboot for 3DS/next Nintendo handhelds, maybe.

Quoting for more people to see:
Weird to see my twitter source as a thread....

anyways, since twitter had limited characters I couldn't put much info

For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls
For second project, it could be a reboot but also a new game with ideas that came from their previous franchises.
For third project, he says it's something different from what the company has been doing previously. He says it will be a bit weird.

Molemitts

3 games in development makes sense considering they were working on Bloodborne and Dark Souls II & III simultaneously and they're all finished now. I wonder how the DSIII DLC fits into development also.

Chances that Armored Core could be the VR game they're working on? I've never played with either so I'd have no idea if that could fit?

I'm getting a bit worn out on Souls and I don't care for mechs so what I really need is a fresh new idea headed up by Miyzaki.

MrHoot

#1 probably isn't Bloodborne 2 is they're saying it's dark fantasy and most of their communication on BB put an emphasis on the setting being different. I hope they branch out and make it even more different from the main Souls series than Bloodborne was.

Good to know that #2 is definitely Armored Core.

Very interested in what 3 will be. Even a new IP in a genre they've never done before would get a boost from putting "FROM THE MAKERS OF DARK SOULS" on the box.

Number 3 makes me think of Miyazaki's old inspiration that made him go into game making: Ico. I would really like if he tried something maybe less dark and more dreamlike like Ico cuz I'm confident he has the chops for it.

Super glad number 2 is probably armored core. It didn't have a big new thing in a while, and was pretty niche still during the ps3 era so now that they're big they might popularize mecha games once more.

Number 1 i'm miffed about. Like I would hope it's not gonna be BB2 or Dark souls 4. "Dark fantasy" maybe something in the vein of souls but with a new setting or a new spin off. PLus they still have both dlcs for souls 3 yet to come. Maybe he's talking about that in a roundabout way ?
I'd like to have a Demon souls remaster tho. Lot's of new fans haven't gotten a chance to play that one with the comfort of the newer titles

Kudo

Interesting.
Hopefully they are Bloodborne 2, reboot for King's Field and the "different" game is Armored Girls. In the vein of Kancolle all mechas would be cute anime girls with some mech equipment you can customize etc.

Syril

Oh man I always wanted a new Adventures of Cookie and Cream. Only the best in hardcore cooperative bunny-themed adventures!

Molemitts

Number 3 makes me think of Miyazaki's old inspiration that made him go into game making: Ico. I would really like if he tried something maybe less dark and more dreamlike like Ico cuz I'm confident he has the chops for it.

My dream is for a collaboration between Miyazaki and Ueda. It seems they share a lot of game development ideas. Even that picture of them together at E3 last year made me really happy.

Unknown?

Hopefully not exclusive. From has gotten popular so it would suck to alienate new fans.

This sentiment is hilarious. Honestly who cares if it's exclusive or not. If it is the fans will just get it on PS4 or find someone with a PS4(it's not that difficult now days).

Good, good. I'm looking forward to more details.

I sincerely hope it's not a Bloodborne 2, I fucking love that game so much but I'm hoping they do a Demons Souls -> Dark Souls style transition, tried a new concept with mitigated risk due to Sony support, was successful, take it multiplat.
Amen. BB does not need a sequel.

Top Bottom