• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Ty4on

I'm just imagining the NSA's reaction to a theme like that XD

We'd all be denouncing ISIS so it's all good. Except that we'd blame everyone else for supporting them :p

Putin would be neutral with the goal of hitting either FSA (part of town) or ISIS with one of three airstrike. Possibly just FSA while whoever plays him tries to persuade town that he is a town leaning neutral.

Zatoth

Apparently we're going to get pretty sophisticated when we get to the dark dystopian future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDpSwl-fJcU

lQLXtJE.png

I found Sorian!

I think that was goddamn Michael McConnohie as the narrator. This is a Russian film with a Tron aesthetic and an anime voice cast.

Sounds right up my alley!

ultron87

BASED ON CULTURAL PHENOMENON

I found the link on the Board Game Sub-Reddit. It sounds like it's a real Russian film that is getting released with an english dub.

Ty4on

I think that was goddamn Michael McConnohie as the narrator. This is a Russian film with a Tron aesthetic and an anime voice cast.

I'll wait for reviews, but the director's previous films all did poorly on IMDB. I still kinda wanna watch it.

RetroMG

Someone in the Youtube comments said they heard Dan Green, too.

I'll wait for reviews, but the director's previous films all did poorly on IMDB. I still kinda wanna watch it.

I think this might require a synced Gafia online viewing party, if such a thing is possible.

EDIT: All right, ya'll got me. This is what Outer Gafia is the prototype for.

Swamped

Banned
Apparently we're going to get pretty sophisticated when we get to the dark dystopian future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDpSwl-fJcU

Omg, what is this? XD Couldn't stop laughing the entire trailer. This Winter eh, and it's in 3D too! Yup, I'll definitely watch it and report back. I really hope it's one of those so-bad-it's-good films.

Although hmmm it's in Russian right? There might be a subtitled version floating around >_>

Kalor

I'm curious how that movie goes from people sitting in a Tron-esque environment to explosions and sharks. I think I'm going to have to watch it when it comes out.

RetroMG

I'm curious how that movie goes from people sitting in a Tron-esque environment to explosions and sharks. I think I'm going to have to watch it when it comes out.

I have to assume that they're jacked into something very similar to the Matrix.

Sorian

Banned
I kind of feel like Beanie Guy needs to be Sorian's new avatar.

If someone avatarizes it then I'll be willing.

I looked up the premise and it seems that instead of getting killed, they are forced into a living nightmare. So kind of like what Retro said, those machines must be matrix like pods and if you don't wake up for the day phase or you are voted out then your mind is just dumped into your greatest fear or something.

RetroMG

If someone avatarizes it then I'll be willing.

Oh I'm making avatars. I don't know if anyone will use them or care, but it's an excuse to not do drawings for my art class. (I call NotMichaelSheen)

I looked up the premise and it seems that instead of getting killed, they are forced into a living nightmare. So kind of like what Retro said, those machines must be matrix like pods and if you don't wake up for the day phase or you are voted out then your mind is just dumped into your greatest fear or something.

Calling it:

Beanie Guy is one of the mafia. He spends the whole movie getting close to the black haired chick, only to betray her at the last minute. ("You've been planning this the whole time!") She gets dumped into the nightmare, but he has a change of heart and goes after her, where he's forced to confront his greatest fear, which was that the death of a loved one (his brother?) was actually his fault.

RetroMG

I'm playing my own fun game as I avatar these people - I'm assigning Gafia players to them. I'll post them when I post the Avatars, but no one should feel like they have to go with them.

EDIT: The guy at 1:52 - Is that Beanie guy without his beanie, or is that a different character?

RetroMG

The cast of the new Cambodian Film: GAFIA
(In order of appearance)

(Spoilers are alternate casting)

(No offense meant to anyone who was included or not included!)

ScraftyDevil
KSSQKb4.png

Sorian
4Nj0tsc.png

Crab
snYc2Ut.png

RetroMG
RKyukau.png

Swamped
Alt: Blargonaut
CspLuZB.png

YesNOnoNOYes
Alt: Swamped
lCcOSrW.png

Ourobolus
96dnSbG.png

Nin1000
ARefap8.png

Blargonaut
Alt: Blargonaut's true form
d2CyCJL.png

Squidyj
Alt: Darryl
0LEls4F.png

EDIT: Spoiler tagged so the thread doesn't get huge.
EDIT2: Nevermind, didn't help.

Swamped

Banned
Wow, that's pretty sweet Retro! Will be changing mine once I get home. Crookshanks will live to see another day. Hopefully i get there before Blargy-boy!

Now I want to see the movie with the original Russian audio and subs except all character names are replaced with GAFia members.

Me too!
i did search for a subtitled version with no luck...

RetroMG

Wow, that's pretty sweet Retro! Will be changing mine once I get home. Crookshanks will live to see another day. Hopefully i get there before Blargy-boy!

Me too!
i did search for a subtitled version with no luck...

I think it comes out on Jan 1st in Russia.

roytheone

So when I die in that game, I would end up in another mafia game where every other player is El topo? I don't even want to think about that :(

I'll stop with the roy jokes the moment the next season begins.

That's nice of you, I will not stop with the El topo jokes ;)

Top Bottom