• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

What is going on here mate ? They all talkin like crazy people. Did roytheone fix his mic ??
We need more rocket league steam players :p hearing lovely accents over steam voice chat is priceless.

I actually played some rocket league with Cabot after the ToS games. You have to ask him if he defines my accent as "lovely". He also stole like 3 goals from me, he's an ass.

I'm kinda of the same mind. People seemed to be bored and clamoring for one so I proposed it. I can just as easily hold off on it. :p

I think it is actually pretty useful to host one "normal" game using Outer gafia for the mafia chat. That way, if any problems arise and people found a way to see who was posting in the mafia thread those problems could be fixed before the main games start.

Palmer_v1

I actually played some rocket league with Cabot after the ToS games. You have to ask him if he defines my accent as "lovely". He also stole like 3 goals from me, he's an ass.

I think it is actually pretty useful to host one "normal" game using Outer gafia for the mafia chat. That way, if any problems arise and people found a way to see who was posting in the mafia thread those problems could be fixed before the main games start.

That makes sense to me. We do get some amount of recruits due to people simply finding our games on GAF. If the main threads get shipped to an outside forum, we lose that traffic. Testing the mafia forum there would be good though.

I guess sign me up, but I will be a bit slower posting over the next week due to my trip.

RetroMG

That makes sense to me. We do get some amount of recruits due to people simply finding our games on GAF. If the main threads get shipped to an outside forum, we lose that traffic. Testing the mafia forum there would be good though.

I guess sign me up, but I will be a bit slower posting over the next week due to my trip.

OK, got you on there. (I'm not running the game but I'm handling the signups for some reason.)

Swamped

Banned

Yeah, but this is sort of the tail end of the 'season' anyway, I doubt many new players would see this game even if it was hosted here. I do think most of the mid-season games should be held here, but it will be good to see how one of these games runs on the other forum. In the future if someone wanted to run a super experimental game that hadn't been checked by anyone else (for example), the outer forum would probably be the best place to run it.

RetroMG

I had assumed that at least the main season games would stay on GAF, and probably the majority of the mid-season games. OG is going to mostly be for outside threads, smaller games (ONUW/Target), and maybe some mid-season games that would be better held off-site. (More experimental themes and mechanics.)

If Outer Gaf becomes an island, we'll never get new people.

BUT, at the same time, we've kind of become our own little community, especially through the steam group, so I've also opened more general discussion there for people who want to do that within our little group.

roytheone

I think nobody wants to actually move the main season games to Outer gafia, that would seriously hurt the number of new people that join.

BTW, I actually had a pretty cool idea for a mafia game last night and started to flesh it out a bit. It has one central, different mechanic that I think would be pretty fun. The main mechanic is actually inspired by my favorite TV game show, and it fits surprisingly well with the theme of the game. The game is hilariously imbalanced right now though, I just thought of the mechanic, added a bunch of PR and thrown everything and the kitchen sink into the game without caring about balancing for now :)

Palmer_v1

I think nobody wants to actually move the main season games to Outer gafia, that would seriously hurt the number of new people that join.

BTW, I actually had a pretty cool idea for a mafia game last night and started to flesh it out a bit. It has one central, different mechanic that I think would be pretty fun. The main mechanic is actually inspired by my favorite TV game show, and it fits surprisingly well with the theme of the game. The game is hilariously imbalanced right now though, I just thought of the mechanic, added a bunch of PR and thrown everything and the kitchen sink into the game without caring about balancing for now :)

Is it Family Feud and you're going to Richard Dawson each player?

roytheone

Is it Family Feud and you're going to Richard Dawson each player?

Only if Yeeny, swamped and Scrafty join!

6ADLV4r.gif

(I actually had no idea who Richard Dawson was and had to look him up on Wikipedia)

It's actually Press Your Luck.

"NO EL TOPOS NO EL TOPOS NO EL TOPOS....SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTOP!"
womp womp
hahahahahahaha
"DAMMIT"

You guys and your weird american game shows I have never heard of.

Palmer_v1

I'm willing to bet half the Americans in here have never heard of it, either.

Goddamn young people. I actually almost went with a Match Game and Gene Rayburn reference instead of Richard Dawson.

I'm only 35 but I appreciate some rowdy game shows

roytheone

Roy's favorite American game show:

TheMole.jpg

GODDAMMIT OURBOLULS! You are.....actually completely right. That is my favorite game show and the one where the mechanic is inspired by. Well, the dutch version of course:
141103171645.Wie-Is-De-Mol-logo_cropped-100-460-360-171-32.shrink.463x0.png

I love this show so much. I see it was actually cancelled after 5 seasons in America, but here in the Netherlands it is still incredibly popular, season 16 will soon begin and it actually won the "best TV program of the year" award last year. Also, I may or may not have a slight man crush on the current host of the show............

Oh, BTW, IT IS FROM BELGIUM, NOT AMERICA!

Palmer_v1

GODDAMMIT OURBOLULS! You are.....actually completely right. That is my favorite game show and the one where the mechanic is inspired by. Well, the dutch version of course:
141103171645.Wie-Is-De-Mol-logo_cropped-100-460-360-171-32.shrink.463x0.png

I love this show so much. I see it was actually cancelled after 5 seasons in America, but here in the Netherlands it is still incredibly popular, season 16 will soon begin and it actually won the "best TV program of the year" award last year. Also, I may or may not have a slight man crush on the current host of the show............

Oh, BTW, IT IS FROM BELGIUM, NOT AMERICA!

I assumed it would be this one:

Translated, it literally says Waffle Stacking Across Holland!

Hahaha royroy XD so easy to read :> so consistent <3

#RoyTopo4Evr

... Yeah, it's taking a while. I agree with u Palmer.

Also agree to keep most things remain on GAF. We shouldn't splinter into some cliquey group where it'd be hard for newcomers to access/ join. But OG is probably gonna be awesome for the experimental and quick runs and mafia chats... And dead threads.

The Mole is the best. Shame it was cancelled, and some of the later seasons with celebrities weren't as good, but the first couple seasons were excellent. The super-obscure easter eggs in each episode were great, but in today's world with PVR and social media I think the Mole would be revealed way too soon.

My favourite scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vfq4tLWuW4

RetroMG

Goddamn young people. I actually almost went with a Match Game and Gene Rayburn reference instead of Richard Dawson.

I'm only 35 but I appreciate some rowdy game shows

I'm 34. I've heard of it because I read an article on Cracked about some guy who figured out a system to never lose at it, but I've never seen it.

roytheone

The Mole is the best. Shame it was cancelled, and some of the later seasons with celebrities weren't as good, but the first couple seasons were excellent. The super-obscure easter eggs in each episode were great, but in today's world with PVR and social media I think the Mole would be revealed way too soon.

My favourite scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vfq4tLWuW4

You'll be surprised. They still do those hints, and some people online find them, but there are just as many people clinging to red herrings and over thinking non hints that it gets balanced out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm too lazy to read through old posts so someone fill me in on why was a new site necessary?

Also that layout is abysmal I mean I thought GAF was out of date but jesus, I forgot what it was like to forum in the 00s.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, it's the quicktopic replacement. Ouro is hosting an actual game there to put it through it's paces and make sure Retro knows how to set all the permissions correctly but it's real purpose will be to host any smaller games that we would have usually hosted on QT and to also put spectator threads, dead threads, scum threads, etc.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah. Regular Season and .5 Season games will still be hosted on GAF. We're just putting it through its paces for technical reasons.

Top Bottom