• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Voting Thread [Ends: 22nd June 21:55 UTC]

Lifeline

1. God of War: Every time I see this game, I want to pick up the controller and start playing it. Story looks incredible, graphics are jaw-dropping and the gameplay seems to be a step up from the chains.

TJfhCn6.gif

2. Spider-Man: The talk about a epic massive story-line has me so excited. I've been waiting for a good Spider-Man animated show and a good Spider-Man game with SM2 style free roam swinging. This game seems to give me both.

H7SUeGJ.gif

3. Shadow of the Colossus: The greatest game of all time finally being getting the remake treatment it deserves. My hope is that if the remake sells well, SotC 2 would be next.

4. Days Gone: Open world zombie survival game where you have to manage your bike. If anyone's ever watched The Walking Dead and seen how badass Daryl is, this is basically the Daryl life simulator.

5. South Park The Fractured But Whole: The first game was one of the best South Park episodes of all time. This one looks to be better. The only thing that i'm worried about is the length.

6. Mario + Rabbids: I love tactics/strategy games and it's one of my favorite genres and this one looks like so much fun. The movement looks great, the characters look great (yes, even the rabbids), this is gonna be one fun game.

7. Monster Hunter World: There's a lot we don't know about this game, but if they can deliver a game where you hunt large dinos, and make it fun, i'll be satisfied.

8. Super Mario Odyssey: Even though i've never been a big fan of Mario platformers, this one looks like something special. Plus I love dinos.

9. A Way Out: This game would have to be really really bad for me to not buy it. I've been waiting for a Co-Op game like this forever.

10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: Bottom of the list because what they've showed so far hasn't really hyped me up. I didn't like Nadine in U4, she had the weirdest character arc. Chloe is one of my favorite Uncharted cast though. Very mixed feelings about it. Knowing the length would help though.

TS-08

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Spider-Man
3. Metroid Samus Returns
4. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
5. Sea of Thieves

Nauren

1. Kingdom Hearts 3
2. Destiny 2
3. Ni No Kuni II
4. Anthem
5. God of War
6. Spider-man
7. Dragon Ball Fighter Z
8. Assassin's Creed Origin
9. Uncharted Lost Legacy
10. Days Gone

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Does Uncharted LL count as an add-on DLC or game?
If it had required the base game as initially planned it would've been an add-on but because they are doing it standalone and it comes with UC4 multiplayer my ruling is that it's not an add-on.

There are quite a few $39.99 games recently so that's worth a new category. But that's the standard price on handhelds so those should get the same shot at this category.

Turkoop

Banned
Soooo difficult to name a list, I have seen such great titles.

1. God of War: Because i love him, I love the setting and the Trailer was lit
2. Spider-Man: I totally loved the demo and it looks fantastic! Man I am so ready for this!
3. Shadow of the Colossus: I had never completed the PS2 game but I was totally in love with the art design and all of it. After TLG was a huge and emotionally title for me I can't wait for SotC.
4. Detroit: Become Human: Yep, totally in for this. This is going to be huge!
5. A Way Out: I was very surprised by this title and I really like the idea behind the game!
6. Days Gone: Impressed me again, I want more!
7. Assassin's Creed: Origins: I love egypt and everything sounds so nice! Finally Ubi, good job.
8. Metro Exodus: Great! Fantastic! This is survival
9. Life is Strange: Before the Storm: Man, damn feels!
10. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds: Horizon is my GOTY 2017 and I want more!

honorable mentions:
- Destiny 2
- Anthem
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Extinction
- The Crew 2
- Skull & Bones
- Wolfenstein 2
- Super Mario Oddysey
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- The Inpatient
- Vampyr

Great E3!

My picks for E3 2017 Best of showings. These aren't necessarily the games I'm most hyped for in general, but what I though had the best presentation and information coming out of E3.

1. Anthem ;
2. Beyond Good and Evil 2 ;

No question that these were the two standouts from the show (for me). Both of these games almost had a "next gen" feeling to them that many other games in the current generation have not had. In Anthem, going from the starting area, then jet packing all the way to the mission destination was visually outstanding, and extremely impressive technically as well. Most of what has been seen of BGE2 was the CGI trailer, but that was very well done, and set up unique sci-fi world. And again, the scope of what was shown is very impressive. I feel like I've been waiting for games like this the entire generation. The only downside being how far away they are, with Anthem slated for fall 2018, and who knows for BGE2.

3. Forza Motorsport 7 ; The trailer looked great in 4K, I love the addition of dynamic weather, and different time of day. I'm not a huge racing fan, but thought this looked great
4. Super Mario Odyssey ; I liked the reveal trailer better, but a lot of the gameplay coverage has been super positive and excited to read
5. Detroit: Become Human ;
6. Minecraft ; I'm surprised by my answer here. Never really played Minecraft before, but the updates coming soon looked very impressive to me. An the Super Duper Graphics pack is quite the visual transformation. I thought Minecraft looked really good this year, and I'm now thinking about purchasing it.
7. Ashen ;
8. A Way Out ;
9. Assassins Creed: Origins ;
10. The Last Night ;

Honorable Mentions:
x. Cuphead ; Short trailer, and haven't read to many hands-on from this E3, but still very excited for the game
x. Tacoma ; Same as for Cuphead, short trailer and not much word of mouth from the show, but super excited for the game. Already have it pre-ordered.
x. Super Lucky's Tale ; Surprised by this one, very excited to have a new platformer on Xbox
x. God of War ; I though the E3 2016 demo was much better, though this was still an impressive showing.
x. Spiderman ; The game looks great, and I've liked what I've been hearing from hands-on demos. But, I was borderline disappointed to see how similar the combat style and combat scenarios mirrored the Batman Arkham series. The hands-on previews are what has elevated this to an honorable mention from me.
x. The Artful escape ;

BigBusiness

Neo Member
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. A Way Out
3. Far Cry 5
4. Spiderman
5. Extinction
6. Metroid: Samus Returns
7. Anthem
8. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
9. Assassin's Creed: Origins
10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

alemmon

1. Spider-man
2. Ni No Kuni II
3. God of War
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. Star Wars Battlefront 2
6. Days Gone
7. Ashen
8. Anthem
9. Ori and the Will of the Whisps
10. Detroit Become Human

Shinjiru

1. Days Gone
2. God of War
3. Shadow of the Colossus
4. Spider-Man
5. Knack 2
6. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
7. Detroit: Become Human

E3 wasn't particularly surprising, other than Mario Odyssey. It looks like they're really going nuts with it.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
3. Destiny 2
4. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
5. Anthem
6. Metro Exodus
7. Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
8. Cuphead
9. Tacoma

1. God of War
2. Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
3. Spider-Man
4. Detroit: Become Human
5. Days Gone
6. Shadow of the Colossus
7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
8. Super Mario Odyssey

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Evil Within 2
3. Monster Hunter World
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. Life is Strange: Before the Storm
6. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
7. Metro: Exodus
8. Far Cry 5
9. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
10. Shadow of the Collosus

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Spider-Man
3. God of War
4. Wolfenstein 2
5. Metro: Exodus
6. The Inpatient
7. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
8. Shadow of the Colossus
9. Skyrim VR
10. Anthem

x. Spiderman ; The game looks great, and I've liked what I've been hearing from hands-on demos. But, I was borderline disappointed to see how similar the combat style and combat scenarios mirrored the Batman Arkham series. The hands-on previews are what has elevated this to an honorable mention from me.

Isn't that exactly how Spider-Man should fight though? It suits that style way better than Batman.

Karu

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Dragonball Fighter Z
3. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
4. Gran Turismo Sport
5. Forza 7
6. Yakuza Kiwami
7. Yakuza 6
8. Sea of Thieves
9. Ace Combat 7

I might end up buying 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7 day one.
5 and 8 are on platforms I do not own.
2 and 9 might be sales-purchases.

Overall, pretty good.
Disappointed in a few "locks" before E3 - AssCreed, GoW, Detroit

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
1. Super Mario Odyssey ; It just looks amazingly creative
2. Yoshi (Switch) ; I really love the concept and Good Feel has done great work in the past
3. Sonic Forces ; looks like a very good successor to Generations, which already was a fantastic game.
4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps ; Ori is one of the best games of the generation and the best PS4 / Xbox One game from my perspective, so yes, please give me more!
5. Sonic Mania ; Cannot wait for more Mega Drive Sonic :).
6. Metroid: Samus Returns ; Another Zero Mission-style "remake"? Yes! It looks really well-made and I love the new in-fighting capabilities
7. Metroid Prime 4 ; so low because it is just a title, but I am cvertainly excited.
8. Mario + Rabbids ; It looks very interesting and fun, so a welcome announcement.
9. Super Luckys Tale ; It looks like Twelve tales Conker 64, so I am naturally interested. Though it does look a tad slow, it stillt seems very enjoyable.
10. Beyond Good & Evil 2 ; Since it is by Ancel, I remain positive it can end up being good, the online stuff is worrisome though.

1. God of War
2. Spider-Man
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
5. Anthem
6. Detroit: Become Human
7. Shadow of the Colossus
8. Days Gone
9. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
10. Sea of Thieves

El-Suave

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
3. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
4. God of War
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. A Way Out
7. Far Cry 5
8. Assassin's Creed: Origins
9. Transference
10. Days Gone

1. Spider-Man
2. God of War
3. Anthem
4. Monster Hunter World
5. Ni No Kuni II
6. The Evil Within 2
7. Days Gone
8. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
9. Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
10. Super Mario Odyssey

Velkran

Neo Member
1. Dragonball FighterZ
2. God of War
3. Anthem
4. Days Gone
5. Beyond Good & Evil 2
6. Kingdom Hearts III
7. Shadow of the Colossus
8. Detroit: Become Human
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
10. Monster Hunter World

Andyliini

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
4. Metroid: Samus Returns
5. Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Xenoblade 2
3. Yoshi
4. Kirby
5. Dragon Ball Z Fighters
6. ARMS
7. Splatoon 2
8. Mario+ Rabbids
9. Metroid
10.Beyond Good and Evil

AAK

1. Evil Within 2
2. Anthem
3. Dragon Ball FighterZ
4. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
5. God of War

Seems really weird to see people vote for games that didn't have any gameplay shown for them.

Ushay

1 - Anthem
2 - Metro Exodus
3 - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
4 - Wolfenstein 2
5 - Assassins Creed Origins
6 - Ashen
7 - God of War
8 - Sea of Thieves
9 - XCOM 2 - War of the Chosen

CrayToes

1. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. God of War
4. Metro Exodus
5. Ori & the Will of the Wisps

Servbot24

Banned
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Dragon-Ball FighterZ
3. Metroid Prime 4
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. Ni no Kuni II
7. God of War
8. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
9. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
10. Spider-Man

1. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
2. Spider-Man
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Shadow Of The Colossus
5. The Artful Escape
6. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
7. Assassin's Creed Origins
8. Kirby
9. God of War
10. Beyond Good & Evil 2

1. God of War
2. Spiderman
3. Days gone.
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. A way out
6. Beyond good and evil II
7. Dragon Ball Z
8. The evil within II
9. South Park
10. Monster Hunter

jeffram

1. God of War
2. Spider-man
3. Super Mario odyssey
4. A way out
5. Forza 7
6. Days gone
7. Sea of thieves
8. Shadow of the colossus
9. Mario + rabbids
10. Anthem

1. God of War
2. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. The Evil Within 2
6. Spider-Man
7. Anthem
8. Days Gone

Kiro

1. The Evil Within 2
2. Metroid Prime 4
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. God of War
5. Anthem
6. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
7. A Way Out
8. Days Gone
9. Yoshi Switch
10. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

UncleMeat

1. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
2. Yakuza 6
3. Crackdown 3
4. Beyond Good and Evil 2
5. God of War
6. Spider-Man
7. Dragon Ball FighterZ
8. Anthem
9. Detroit: Become Human
10. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

cyber_ninja

1. God of War 4
2. Metro Exodus
3. Spider Man
4. Days Gone
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Uncharted Lost Legacy
7. Yakuza 6
8. Gran Turismo Sport
9. Ashen
10. Detroit

rfield84

Banned
1. God of War
2. Monster Hunter World
3. Spiderman
4. Far Cry 5
5. Metro Exodus
6. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
7. Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
8. Star Wars Battlefront II
9. Days Gone
10. Anthem

spekkeh

Banned
Reading threads like these it always amazes me how many people just have a PS4. I guess it makes sense, I only had one console (though I was also a PC Gamer) until my mid twenties too, but that feels like a lifetime ago. And I wasn't on GAF then.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Reading threads like these it always amazes me how many people just have a PS4. I guess it makes sense, I only had one console (though I was also a PC Gamer) until my mid twenties too, but that feels like a lifetime ago. And I wasn't on GAF then.
How can you tell? PS4 gets almost every game that is talked about at E3. This is not the case with for example the Switch or if you're exclusively a handheld game player.

Top Bottom