• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Oh Jesus, this is the parody site. Now I remember :lol :lol

JawzPause

I love that quote lol.

y42smVQ.jpg]
So basically the further back in time the game is set the better it is?
Although MGS2 is my favorite.

Never played an MGS game all the way through. (Dabbled with MGS1 and 2.) Is this the entry point for people new to the franchise?

Sorry no,
MGS3 -> PW -> GZ + TPP
GZ is a direct epilogue to Peace Walker which was a direct sequel to 3

If you absolutely can't do MGS1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > PW > GZ + TPP

Even MG1 and MG2 will probably factor into TPP in some way.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The demo for XIII-2 took me about an hour and a half. GZ shortest full retail game in this gen and last?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think Kojima has stated many times that MGS1 is his favourite and that he wouldn't change much or anything about it

Didn't he say multiple times that he regrets the whole clone element to the story? Also, how involved was he with Twin Snakes? There are quite a few changes there.

How long were Deus Ex and Thief: The Dark Project demoes if you didn't rush them?

I can speak for Deus Ex, because I played that demo religiously before I bought the game.

The DX demo comprised the first two missions, and (if you were sauntering along and completed everything) probably took 2-3 hours to complete. Not counting alternate playstyles (stealth/assault), alternate conversations and side conversations/extraneous areas.

Nafai1123

Banned
I have no problem with shorter games, but they need to be priced accordingly. I consider movies and games to be relatively equal in terms of enjoyment, and expect the price of a game to at least match or exceed the price/time ratio of going to the movies.

Just because PO is out of the picture as a canon doesn't mean PW is a direct sequel to MGS3

PW is more the direct sequel though,
Snake's progression to Big Boss due to MGS3's events(wasn't a big deal in PO),
The Boss
plays a somewhat major roll and gets alot of additional development through some audio tapes, major development of the Patriots, etc.

longdi

Banned
It's the timeline of the series, but it's being used completely out of that context in this thread.

maybe kojima is just being cryptic because i would agree with that order in terms of mgs rankings.

3 > 1 > 2 > 1, kojima is my man.

btw every time browse neogaf, i see that the no. of hrs in this topic keeps dropping. lol!

what an expensive demo.

NCell

PW is more the direct sequel though,
Snake's progression to Big Boss due to MGS3's events(wasn't a big deal in PO),
The Boss
plays a somewhat major roll and gets alot of additional development through some audio tapes, major development of the Patriots, etc.

I agree, what I meant was that there are 10 years apart from each game.
Oh and by the way this whole thing about Kojima's saying that MGS3>1>2>4 is just the chronological order, in no way is he comparing the games quality. Kojima made MGS1 and started on MGS2 immediately after, fans complained about not playing enough with Solid Snake and he made MGS3 (or 007: Snake Eater) proving that Solid's story was over and we could leave it at that, he just made MGS4 for fan service. So I think we could agree that he isn't talking about the quality of the games, otherwise it could go like "MGS2>1>3>4".

Top Bottom