• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

JMY86

According to the latest ad, digital pre-orders are now eligible for the $10 reward credit. Best Buy was already my go-to for everything physical, but it looks like I'll be getting most of my digital purchases there as well.
capture7ss53.png

I will be pre-ordering four games from this promotion. $40 will almost buy me another game with my discount. GCU is the best...

Just curious, what would it take for Best Buy/Amazon to broker a 20% off digital sales deal? I really hate paying 20-30% more just because I'm buying "for the wrong platform" (PC)

Ashtar

According to the latest ad, digital pre-orders are now eligible for the $10 reward credit. Best Buy was already my go-to for everything physical, but it looks like I'll be getting most of my digital purchases there as well.
capture7ss53.png
Well damn I'll probably get far cry 5 since I can coop with my cousin
I had no clue Mario was gonna be on there

SScorpio

Just curious, what would it take for Best Buy/Amazon to broker a 20% off digital sales deal? I really hate paying 20-30% more just because I'm buying "for the wrong platform" (PC)

Just buy the PC version and get the 20% and sometimes $10 preorder credit. 99% of retail PC games require Steam, Origin, Uplay, or BattleNET activation..

MADGAME

If I have items on pre-order at BestBuy that are eligible for GCU discount, then purchase GCU afterwards, will my pre-order items be discounted?

JMY86

If I have items on pre-order at BestBuy that are eligible for GCU discount, then purchase GCU afterwards, will my pre-order items be discounted?

I think so. The ad says My BB preorders not GCU preorders.

EDIT: I misread your post. You must be a current GCU member to get discount.

_SAKY_

I make my GCU money back in Amiibo but damnnit would be sweet to get %20 off digital since that has been my goto for 4 years now. C'mon BB, make it happen.

JMY86

I make my GCU money back in Amiibo but damnnit would be sweet to get %20 off digital since that has been my goto for 4 years now. C'mon BB, make it happen.

Agreed. I would love GCU digital purchases but nonetheless GCU is the best value in gaming. I have been a GCU member for less than a year but it has already paid for itself 3x over just in new game discounts.

It may be worth a call to customer service (after you buy GCU) just for chance they might be able to help.

No, don't do this if it's a limited item. If CS fucks up trying to fix this, you'll lose your order completely. If you do call, understand there's a good probability you could lose the order.

Alucrid

Banned
best buy's systems are the worst. i called in to update the payment method on a few preorders (back from the visa checkout promo) it ended up voiding the discount and charging me more than the retail price of a game if one of the two games in the order had already been shipped. i.e. before they were both cost 76.30, but after the total order cost 101.74. so the second game's price was 101.74-(76.30/2) = 63.59. they couldn't fix it either.

best buy's systems are the worst. i called in to update the payment method on a few preorders (back from the visa checkout promo) it ended up voiding the discount and charging me more than the retail price of a game if one of the two games in the order had already been shipped. i.e. before they were both cost 76.30, but after the total order cost 101.74. so the second game's price was 101.74-(76.30/2) = 63.59. they couldn't fix it either.

I think that has more to do with the Visa Checkout promo though. Even worse is, since you "abused" the offer, they won't fix it for you either. I already went through this problem since my credit card was compromised and once I got called out for abusing it, I really didn't have any recourse otherwise they were going to fix it.

Alucrid

Banned
I think that has more to do with the Visa Checkout promo though. Even worse is, since you "abused" the offer, they won't fix it for you either. I already went through this problem since my credit card was compromised and once I got called out for abusing it, I really didn't have any recourse otherwise they were going to fix it.

I did have a few other orders that used it, but they were all fulfilled. it was just one half filled order left using that used that promo and a destiny 2 preorder because if you canceled that one (like i did with all the other normal preorders) you apparently get hit with a $20 charge due to using the beta access code.

I did have a few other orders that used it, but they were all fulfilled. it was just one half filled order left using that used that promo and a destiny 2 preorder because if you canceled that one (like i did with all the other normal preorders) you apparently get hit with a $20 charge due to using the beta access code.

Ya, they were all fullfilled as long as there were no problems. However, if there was a problem, like you canceled an item or you needed to change your credit card for whatever reason, any change would invalidate the offer and you would get retroactively charged for anything that did ship. The retroactively charged was part of the deal if you were to cancel any part of it. That was true during the promo. So because a change had to be made, the offer gets invalid and if you try to have Best Buy fix it, they will notice that you already had taken advantage of the offer and will refuse to fix any future ones because they were technically supposed to be limit one per customer despite the system allowing multiple orders. This really isn't Best Buy's fault in this case other than allowing you to do multiple orders to begin with.

Yukinari

I just got gamers club unlocked and i wanna buy splatoon 2.

Is there other ways it lets you save money or do i have to make more purchases to accumulate points?

I just got gamers club unlocked and i wanna buy splatoon 2.

Is there other ways it lets you save money or do i have to make more purchases to accumulate points?

I mean it saves you 20% off all new games. You get 2x reward zone points with each purchase on games also.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Question, i have a $100 gift certificate that expires next week. Is there a way to extent it or buy a gift card with it?

Buy a pre-order with the certs.. cancel the order. They have to re-issue them to you. I believe this should work, but.... I can't guarantee it.

Kei-

Found out over on Slickdeals that the Corsair Void SE Wireless Headset is availalbe for $10 for GCU. Amazing price for this as it usually retails at $130. Need to first claim the offer in your offers page, here:

https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=af...0794e280001&pno=313352&lno=2&trd=here&afsrc=1

Then add the item to cart and apply offer at final checkout.

Review by HardwareCanucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omy2MTVOCKQ

Unfortunately I am no longer a GCU member and cannot take advantage of this offer, but maybe some of you here are interested.

Matt_C

Found out over on Slickdeals that the Corsair Void SE Wireless Headset is availalbe for $10 for GCU. Amazing price for this as it usually retails at $130. Need to first claim the offer in your offers page, here:

https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=af...0794e280001&pno=313352&lno=2&trd=here&afsrc=1

Then add the item to cart and apply offer at final checkout.

Review by HardwareCanucks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omy2MTVOCKQ

Unfortunately I am no longer a GCU member and cannot take advantage of this offer, but maybe some of you here are interested.

All gone in my area :(

Exuro

Was able to get one where my parents live, so if it goes through I have my dad set to pick it up.

Was really hoping this sale would have more video game stuff. I joined gcu a monthish ago and haven't seen many good deals to stack it with yet.

It was being weird, said it was available for pickup at my location but wouldn't let me actually order it because "none were available within 250 miles"

Just checked again and now it says it isn't even available for pickup at that location anymore

Ah well

Was going to finally pick up a PS4 and some games today, was hyped to play in my last few free days before school starts back up, so I was like "may as well sign up for GCU"!

Fuckers not once told me that it takes 24-48 hours for card to activate or be usable in store. Hell, the guy at their customer service number said I may have to wait until I get my card in the mail.

It is amazing how Best Buy makes such a good program so bad.

Onaco

Was going to finally pick up a PS4 and some games today, was hyped to play in my last few free days before school starts back up, so I was like "may as well sign up for GCU"!

Fuckers not once told me that it takes 24-48 hours for card to activate or be usable in store. Hell, the guy at their customer service number said I may have to wait until I get my card in the mail.

It is amazing how Best Buy makes such a good program so bad.

Not true. That store doesn't know what they're doing. I'm a former Best Buy employee and I know it works right away.

It's always tied to your MyBestBuy account.

Onaco

I bought it online to use in-store.
Then you probably have multiple Best Buy as accounts and the idiot cashier chose the first one on the list without looking for the GCU Unlocked logo.
This is why I used the BB App's bar code so I got the right account.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just a word of warning, if bestbuy changes their price, they won't price match it if you use your gamers club card.

Meaning you have to go into the store and return and rebuy it.

Fucking stupid. Even talked to a supervisor.

The price change occurred 2 days after I ordered it online.

Exuro

I signed up to this a few weeks ago and was given three coupons to use by friday. One of them is $5 off $29.99 or higher new games. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can use this preorders, and if there's a way to use it online or if I have to go in store to use it.

foxdvd

so now that they offer the 10 dollar credit for digital..what should I expect with a bestbuy digital purchase? Will I get my code a day early for preload or expect the code the day of?

ST2K

Hey GCU folk.

I'm considering switching over from Prime due to them reducing their benefits, and one of the key factors in my decision is the reports that some people get their games early when they get them with GCU. I was just wondering if there's a way to figure out if I'm in an area where that's the case or not, as if it is, that'd make my decision pretty easy.

Seems to depend on the game and how it ships - Ordered 2 games releasing Tuesday and I will get one (Mario Rabbids) on release day and I got one on Saturday (Warriors All Stars). It is not unusual to see games arrive on Mondays.

Hey GCU folk.

I'm considering switching over from Prime due to them reducing their benefits, and one of the key factors in my decision is the reports that some people get their games early when they get them with GCU. I was just wondering if there's a way to figure out if I'm in an area where that's the case or not, as if it is, that'd make my decision pretty easy.

This hasn't ever happened to me and I've been a member for years. Sounds cool though!

Hey GCU folk.

There's no way to tell but honestly getting it early isn't as cool as it seems. It becomes mundane quickly. I wouldn't base your decisions on that.

Experien

capture7ss53.png

When I pre-order a digital game from them, I won't get the code ahead of time for pre-loading, will I?

ST2K

Seems to depend on the game and how it ships - Ordered 2 games releasing Tuesday and I will get one (Mario Rabbids) on release day and I got one on Saturday (Warriors All Stars). It is not unusual to see games arrive on Mondays.

This hasn't ever happened to me and I've been a member for years. Sounds cool though!

Seemingly no way to determine it then? That's a bummer.

Thanks for the replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Seemingly no way to determine it then? That's a bummer.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it's unpredictable. One time, I got a game four days early a couple of times right on time, and most of the time one day early. Still, who can complain about getting it early most of the time, even if it is just one day.

Top Bottom