• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers Club Unlocked Appreciation Thread (saving $$$ for the console/handheld gamer)

I pre-ordered Mario back when the Visa Checkout deal was up so this was before the $10 reward benefit. Can I retroactively apply that $10 bonus benefit and still receive that $10 in rewards after I get the game?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered Mario back when the Visa Checkout deal was up so this was before the $10 reward benefit. Can I retroactively apply that $10 bonus benefit and still receive that $10 in rewards after I get the game?

I may be misinterpreting your question, but you should get the $10 reward cert as long as you preordered the game. Doesn't matter if you ordered it before the game was added to the list, you don't get the reward cert until after the return window for the game closes (about two weeks, IIRC).

But Visa Checkout promo + $10 in reward certs + GCU discount is an insane deal. That amounts to 50% off.

Does anyone have a pic of their barcode or membership I could use? I don't buy enough games to make good use of the membership, but you would get the points for the games I do buy. Just pm me.

If you're planning on trading some stuff to prepare for fall, I'd strongly recommend checking BB's trade in values for stuff you've been sitting on

Seems like they've raised some of them quite a bit from what they've been. Even stuff that's been like $1 for a while has been raised to $4 or a bit higher (which of course is still not really worth it but you get the idea)

Pokemon Moon was $23 which is nuts, I feel like last time I checked it was like $14

Don't know if they're trying to compete with Gamestop's current shenanigans or what

I may be misinterpreting your question, but you should get the $10 reward cert as long as you preordered the game. Doesn't matter if you ordered it before the game was added to the list, you don't get the reward cert until after the return window for the game closes (about two weeks, IIRC).

But Visa Checkout promo + $10 in reward certs + GCU discount is an insane deal. That amounts to 50% off.

Yeah I wasn't sure I would still get the $10. Thanks! Sounds like I will. Visa Checkout deals are insane when they come up.

Voror

If you preordered a game through that Visa Checkout deal way back when, can you cancel one of the items if others from the order have already been fulfilled? Or will there be some sort of penalty?

I had Xenoblade 2 on an order with Breath of the Wild and a Gift card, but now that the CE for it is up I wanted to go for that. Didn't know at the time if it would get one.

If you preordered a game through that Visa Checkout deal way back when, can you cancel one of the items if others from the order have already been fulfilled? Or will there be some sort of penalty?

I had Xenoblade 2 on an order with Breath of the Wild and a Gift card, but now that the CE for it is up I wanted to go for that. Didn't know at the time if it would get one.
They will charge you the discount on the already fulfilled item. You’re much better off keeping your order of the standard edition and selling it you really want the special edition.

Voror

They will charge you the discount on the already fulfilled item. You’re much better off keeping your order of the standard edition and selling it you really want the special edition.

Thought it might be like that. I might do that then and could possibly come out ahead depending on how the trade in price goes. Thanks!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think Best Buy is trying to fuck me.

I moved, so I tried updating the shipping address for my Mario Odyssey/Xenoblade preorder I made with the Visa checkout deal. It made me re-verify the payment method, but it fails to update every time.

To make sure it wasn't the card, I ordered Mario + Rabbids. Needed to use my $5 cert that expires this week anyway. Order went through just fine including payment authorization. Still can't update the payment info on the preorders though.

Fishy as hell.

J_Viper

I think Best Buy is trying to fuck me.

I moved, so I tried updating the shipping address for my Mario Odyssey/Xenoblade preorder I made with the Visa checkout deal. It made me re-verify the payment method, but it fails to update every time.

To make sure it wasn't the card, I ordered Mario + Rabbids. Needed to use my $5 cert that expires this week anyway. Order went through just fine including payment authorization. Still can't update the payment info on the preorders though.

Fishy as hell.

That happened to me. I tried to change the payment method I had on a Visa Checkout order over the phone, and the whole deal ended up canceled. Thankfully, I was able to get the same agent, and he rectified the issue.

Call CS, but make sure the order doesn't cancel!

I love Best Buy, just got two $10 certificates emailed to me out of the blue for using their "in store pickup" option a few times this holiday season.

It's an unreal deal. For $15 a year I typically pay ~$40 for a release day game after taxes taking into account the initial discount and then the usual $10 pre-order incentive.

I'm actually thinking of dropping GCU. Been a part of it since the beginning, but I'm buying more and more games digitally by stocking up on platform gift cards whenever they're available at discount (usually 10-20% off). Combined with digital stores not charging tax, that makes the GCU discount kind of a wash.

D3SCHA1N

I'm actually thinking of dropping GCU. Been a part of it since the beginning, but I'm buying more and more games digitally by stocking up on platform gift cards whenever they're available at discount (usually 10-20% off). Combined with digital stores not charging tax, that makes the GCU discount kind of a wash.

We ain't even got a sales tax where I live, so physical copies from stores have no taxes!

Top Bottom