• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot says Scalebound, Gears Of War 4 coming to PC, then mentions it was a mistake

ElNino

Seriously lol no reason to own a XBox anymore these days.

PS4 and pc is the way to go.

Xbox fans must be crazy right now Jesus.
lol, no I think they're fine.

As long as my Xbox is connected in the family room and the PC isn't, then the games will still be played on the Xbox. This is great for those who prefer to game on their PC though.

First gamestar leaks QB for PC.

Then Gamspot does an article on QB and leaks a bunch more. Ayyy.

Also yes, i would like those games very much.
On steam please.

Wow, thanks a bunch if true MS.

They've been pretty good with that stuff lately. I guess they really meant it when they said they would be supporting the PC more.

monreader

Neo Member
As someone who would have eventually picked up an xbox one, I can now say that will not be happening. See I hope to have the funds this year to finally be able to purchase a pc. So now there is honestly no reason for me to get an xbox one as it would have been just brought for the exclusives. Honestly it makes no sense to me why Microsoft is doing this. They have just lost an xbox one sale from me and I am sure from many others.

Here's a tagline.

Xbox One: the worst version of games also on PC & PS4.

Joking, joking. PS4 also has plenty of 'worst versions' of games also on PC. Also, I don't even have a PC.....*yet*

georly

Kind of feels like XBO might be Microsoft's last console.

Nah, I don't think so. I think it'll be part of an ecosystem. My guess is next xbox is even MORE like windows, in terms of architecture - to the point that the games MAY just work on both. There will always be an audience of people who don't want to play games on a PC but just want a box they can hook up to their TV - and for them, there will be xbox (even if the next xbox is just a branded windows PC that 'just works').

Genio88

Now this is weird, especially if also Gears 4 and Scalebound will arrive to PC at the same time as on Xbox One...I'm happy cause having a high end gaming PC i'll be able to play those games at their best graphics and frame rate, though it's weird for Xbox, loosing almost all the main exclusives won't help at all on catching up with PS4 sales... I guess Phil Spencer should make his plan clear an explain something to Xbox One owners, perhaps the February 25th conference will be the place for that...
At this point I really think next Xbox will just be a PC with Wimdows 10 and exclusive Microsoft games released on Microsoft store

Surprised to see how many XB1 titles are coming to PC.

Having a pretty good gaming PC, it's making my XB1 largely redundant. Good problem to have, I guess.

Thoraxes

I'll cross-post this image I posted in the other thread:

I snap-shotted the old version of the article:

screencapture-www-gamiquko.png

Nah, I don't think so. I think it'll be part of an ecosystem. My guess is next xbox is even MORE like windows, in terms of architecture - to the point that the games MAY just work on both. There will always be an audience of people who don't want to play games on a PC but just want a box they can hook up to their TV - and for them, there will be xbox (even if the next xbox is just a branded windows PC that 'just works').
"even if the next xbox is just a branded windows PC that 'just works"

Bingo. At that point it's not a console in the traditional sense. I think that's where we're headed.

Thats rad.

A shame those Halo collection on PC rumours / leaks never came to be. I get why. After the game shipped they had to spend time fixing the broken mess

Kssio_Aug

I really like these news, cause thats a step forward about MS transition of Xbox to PC. I hope these things keep happening, I am all in favour of a more unified platform.

However, I'm seriously thinking about selling my Xbox One in these conditions. Might just stick with PC. Will think about it deeply!

Edit. Naah, just saw thats not confirmed. :/

RK128

MS better supporting Window's with game releases is always a great thing. Shows that they want gaming to become a bigger focus with Windows, so good on them :).

I wonder if cross-buy, cross-play and cross-platform play will be used for Gears 4 in this case. Could be something that makes Gears 4 really unique compared to prior games, with online matches between console and PC players.

Scalebound landing on PC is great news too, as Platinum Game fans have another way to play the game if they don't own an X1 already :).

jacobeid

Banned
If they make another Forza Horizon and put it on W10, I'm dumping my XB1. It just doesn't make sense to have a powerful PC, PS4, Wii U, and XB1 if the XB1 exclusives all come to PC.

Not complaining though!

Warxard

Banned
Seriously lol no reason to own a XBox anymore these days.

PS4 and pc is the way to go.

Xbox fans must be crazy right now Jesus.

Nah, I'm actually going to buy two copies for each platform.

You know not everyone's some corporate deepthroating console stannign weirdo on the internet

spicy cho

lol, no I think they're fine.

As long as my Xbox is connected in the family room and the PC isn't, then the games will still be played on the Xbox. This is great for those who prefer to game on their PC though.
This is a reasonable line of thought until you consider the multitude of options that have made pc couch gaming very easy to set up at little to no expense.

Par Score

This is all great news as someone with a decent PC who really doesn't want to have to shell out for either of the consoles this gen.

Top Bottom