• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot says Scalebound, Gears Of War 4 coming to PC, then mentions it was a mistake

Oxn

Those games are quite far away, even if you bought an XBO yesterday. I mean, you did say "specifically". Also waiting till the game is due for release will net you a cheaper console plus cut out the risk of the game getting cancelled, further delayed or respun into another game.

Well the deal during the holidays was crazy good. And I got the White version which I thought would be limited but turned out they started mass producing it.

Haven't touch my BONE for what must be a year now.

Corpsepyre

Banned
We all know how these mistakes transpire. They're usually embargoes that are broken. I won't be surprised if they announce the PC versions soon.

Smash88

Banned
Calm down folks.

iY39ECS.png

xLPAikz.gif

Turning all those exclusives into non-exclusives certainly won't help Xbox One's sales numbers. It's like they already buried it for good if this turns out to be true.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Funny the only thing that has changed over the last year is that group-think no longer contemplates MS denial as substantial proof vs. a retracted claim by a journo. No bashing either (little). How things change. Power of precedent and all that...

Alienfan

Recore and Legends are already coming to PC, and there is a Gears game coming to PC (ultimate edition). I could see how this could be a genuine mistake rather than a information leak.

Zedox

Turning all those exclusives into non-exclusives certainly won't help Xbox One's sales numbers. It's like they already buried it for good if this turns out to be true.

And MS won't care about those numbers (that GAF clearly cares about...not saying you) as that's not the measuring stick. The measuring stick will be the games sold (as it should be). It won't help the XBO numbers but it's not hurting MS in the long run if people are still buying their games. They can get the users who have a PC and a PS4 who otherwise wouldn't ever get a XBO. All I see in these threads are people who have gaming PCs who aren't going to buy an XBO because they were buying it for the exclusives, if that's the case, MS didn't lose much since those people are going to buy it on PC. That makes their store more appealing to 3rd party developers since they know people buy stuff from their store. Those devs in turn make more games and apps, making their store much better for people to use. Gives MS more money in the long run.

It's bigger than just Xbox One console sales. The console will continue as 3rd party titles will still be on Xbox and people like consoles. MS isn't leaving any gamer. They are just gaining more people who like their software.

You buy a console because its easy... most friends arent going to jump into a game on pc as easy as a console. Alot of people do not have pcs hooked up to tvs etc. You plug it in the game works.. well mostly .. but you are not configuring etc. Its just there and works.

Pc you can run into a ton of issues and some people do not want to deal with this. I know its way easier than it use to be. Before plug in play when you had to take your computer apart to change i/o addresses for configuration errors. Thankfully this is gone. But still there are compatibility issues with drivers and hardware much more frequently. The majority of the people do not want to deal with this or know how. I would say the perception here is much different because of the crowd that visits here is much more versed in these sort of things. So playing on pc is easy.

Great post. These are some of the reasons why I always buy the console version of multiplats even though my pc may sometimes be able to run them better. I use my pc for a lot more than playing games and don't want it outside of my bedroom.
That said this news of previous xbox one only games coming to pc too, will definitely dilute the xbox brand. Games that were previously strongly associated with the brand will be much less so. That is one reason why Sony and Nintendo don't release their big exclusives on pc, even though they could more money doing so.
It's not all about immediate monetary benefits but building a strong brand and keeping it strong.

Top Bottom