• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Can anyone tell me another good Bestbuy game to flip?

Already have puyo, binding of isaac, shadow of mordor, amazing spiderman.

PvZ and NFS are both sold out at my store so thats not gonna work.

Lego Avengers on 360 seems to be a good one, if you can find it. Best Buy doesn't even list it on the site.

I might just buy MK8 and Disgea new at Best Buy, I have GCU anyway.

Jonboy

The ban talk has me concerned and I've only flipped once. Not anywhere close to even $1k so hopefully I'm okay.

To all the people still doing it, is there any reason not just to buy 3 iphones and sell those? If you're around the $500 mark, you can get 1 iPhone with your credit, pay for 1 out pocket, and then get another free. So that's 3 iPhones that you spent $500 on. Seems like you could easily make a quick $750-$1000...plus you wouldn't be locked-in to Gamestop at that point.

I think I'm done trading, but I'm considering this move with the iPhones.

Indeed, that was the first thing I did. I like to be in control of that stuff.
Nice. Just made the same change. Thanks!

So it seems if you have a lot of points and want a $50 reward certificate and don't mind buying pre-owned, the best thing to do would be to get a $25, $15, and $10 pre-owned reward certificate since you can use max three per day and more than one in the same transaction as long as they are not the same denomination. You would save 10,000 points that way.

Darktalon

That’s kind of what I’m trying to see actually. Anyone else having the same difficulties?

I doubt you are trade banned. I haven't traded ANYTHING into gamestop yes and I used the trade in value site last night, and saved 100 items to my profile, then the site glitched, and now I can't save any and it wiped the whole list. Why would I be banned?

So let's say I get caught today and they don't allow a trade in. Do they wipe the entire balance on the trade credit card?

I'm thinking about going for one small run today, but I also have PS3 games that I can mix in. Or maybe it would be best to wait a couple of days after buying from the B2G1 free deal and then trade later?

Dont give them your card. Tell them you dont have one they will give you a new card with the balance on it.

Better to have 4 trade cards with 100 each than to have one with 400.

Hey GAF caught this on YouTube and made a thread

Guy flips $150 using GameStop deals to pay for Xbox One X
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400691

You made a thread about it and then came to the already 50 page thread about the same topic to post about it? ok

---

So on my laptop the saved trades are fine but on iPhone Safari and the app it says they're expired.

Edit: Seems my pre-owned reservations are rolling in. Got a bunch of emails saying ready for pickup.

Gowans

You made a thread about it and then came to the already 50 page thread about the same topic to post about it? ok

---

So on my laptop the saved trades are fine but on iPhone Safari and the app it says they're expired.

From the UK and didn't realise the thread was this successful, still think it's worth a new thread for those who haven't stepped in here.

sonto340

---

Mine are sho omg uo just fine. You're sure you locked them in today right? They only stay good for a day and then have to be refreshed.

Darktalon

So this maybe an obvious question, but trading in MORE than 6 games at a time still gets you the 70% bonus right? I've got a tub full of my own games I want to get rid of, about 50 of them, do I have to do these in separate transactions or one is fine.

Smidget

So this maybe an obvious question, but trading in MORE than 6 games at a time still gets you the 70% bonus right? I've got a tub full of my own games I want to get rid of, about 50 of them, do I have to do these in separate transactions or one is fine.

Correct!

E92 M3

Hey GAF caught this on YouTube and made a thread

Guy flips $150 using GameStop deals to pay for Xbox One X
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400691

076dc065_fry-squint.png

reKon

Banned
Even if I do get banned, I hope it's just a 90 day lol. I'll actually keep the Zelda and Mario Kart pre-owneds and keep them for my switch.

I still have two 3ds games left even if I do get banned. Fortunately it's two games I was planning of getting anyway.

8 minutes before we know if the jig is yo or not! Good luck wast coast brethrens. Let us know how it goes!

Nameless

I don't get off until 3p today, wonder if this will be killed by then. Have about 5 of the best trades from Adam's list on hold. Gonna be an interesting day.

Why wouldn't it work? The trade in values are the same still. Print them out if you are worried.

Someone before said that a worker told them that yesterday was the last day for B2G1 in store and now it's online only.

There's no mention of that on the website so it's probably a lie, but we don't know right now.

sonto340

Why wouldn't it work? The trade in values are the same still. Print them out if you are worried.
The buy 2 get 1 free was the big money maker. There's been conjecture about yesterday being the last day as opposed to tomorrow. Well know in about five minutes.

So the $2K trading limit is before the 70%, right? Because otherwise I am at $2763.15 and have still been able to trade stuff in. If I subtract 70% from that total, I am at $828.95.

Thats not how math works. You dont subtract 70% from the 2700. Even if rhe 2k limit is pre bonus, thar means you are at 1625. 1625 plus 0.7x1625 = 2763. You may be below cap, but you certainly arent at 828.

reKon

Banned
Even if it's online only in the B2G1, I don't think in going to risk buying 9 games and trading it. GS will probably block that shit. I think I'm good with my $430 return.

Are there lists of the games that are selling for a good amount?

Also is the cap per person or store?

Repost

Updated list dump! Havent gotten to searching purchase price used for all games. I based these prices off their pre owned price on gamestop.com minus 10% for pro members. Figure most people just want a list best - to - worst profit making potential. This is what I will be working with today if this still works. If I am reinventing the wheel here I'll stop. This is just what works for me format wise. Also the prices may be off by a few cents because I rounded up or down, but they should be within $0.50 or less easily. Let me know if any are WAY off

Title
Price Used
Trade In value base
Trade in with 70%

Zelda BTOW Switch or Wii U

Disgea 5 Switch

Mario Kart 8 Delux Switch

1-2 Switch

Plants vs Zombies GW 2 (ps4/xb1)

Pokemon Sun 3ds

Pokemon Moon 3ds

Zelda Majoras Mask 3ds

Zelda Link Btween Worlds 3ds

Fire Emblem Echo 3ds

Xenoblade Chronicles Wii/3ds

Dragon Quest VIII 3ds

Mario Sports Superstars 3ds

Kirby Planet Robobot 3ds

Fire Emblem Fates Birthright 3ds

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam 3ds

Mario Party Star Rush 3ds

Poochy and Yoshi Woolly 3ds

Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4/XB1)
??

Zelda Skyward Sword Wii
36???

Halo MCC
??

Need for Speed Rivals (PS4 only)

Need for Speed

Payday 2 (PS4/XB1 regular ver)

Shadow of Mordor GOTY (ps4/xb1)
??

Animal Crossing New Leaf

New Super Mario Bros 2
36 YIKES!

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3ds

Even if it's online only in the B2G1, I don't think in going to risk buying 9 games and trading it. GS will probably block that shit. I think I'm good with my $430 return.

Persona7 said yesterday that pre-owned games have full refund returns for seven days, so worst case is you just return them.

Zen Aku

Persona7 said yesterday that pre-owned games have full refund returns for seven days, so worst case is you just return them.
This is what I did after getting trade banned yesterday. I literally just returned them. Just go to a different store to return not the same one you just try and failed at.

Also it's crazy how bad some of y'all are at basic percentage math. Lol

mcfly1955

Neo Member
Just trying to catch up on this stuff...So, I placed an order at Best Buy that is ready for pick up, 6 games that cost me about $120 after tax (I have GCU).

After the 70% bonus at GS I should be able to get about $240 in trade in credit.

I've locked in the trade in values for today and I'm planning on getting my order from Best Buy after work in a few hours then opening them and heading to gamestop...

I shouldn't have any trouble doing this today, right? It's not like I'm making off like crazy like some people I've been reading, just a nice little profit, and only planning on doing it the one time....

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom