• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So will this deal still be going strong and with the same value today or will GS kill it or drop the trade in values? I'm tempted to jump in on this

NewFresh

So will this deal still be going strong and with the same value today or will GS kill it or drop the trade in values? I'm tempted to jump in on this
Also curious. I was ignoring it as much as possible so I didn't get distracted from some other projects but it's reached max hype.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So we're about to find out if the values change right?
Y'all are worried about nothing. I'll eat crow if anything from yesterday changes.

Just be smart: Don't buy and then re-trade the games you just bought at the same store. That's just stupid. Also take off the GameStop stickers off the boxes before you flip, it makes it a little less obvious what you're doing. And just be honest with the clerks: "I wanted to take advantage of trading in 6+ games at 70% value, that's an awesome deal!"

All the GS employees I've worked with have been awesome. I hope that continues today, I am going to two new stores!

Can you go to a single Gamestop and buy 4 games to get 2 games free? Stack up the deal per store? Or is it a one transaction offer kind of deal?

Hero

Can you go to a single Gamestop and buy 4 games to get 2 games free? Stack up the deal per store? Or is it a one transaction offer kind of deal?

As long as you are buying multiples of 3, you can take advantage of B2G1 in a single transaction. I've done 6 and 9 games.

Sh0k

You can buy as many games in the transaction, if you buy 6 games, 2 are free; if you buy 9 games, 3 are free and so on.

sonto340

Is there a break down of how to best rake advantage of this deal?
1. Trade in 6 games. Either ones you already have that will fetch a high trade value, or buy games from Best Buy or elsewhere that have them on clearance and make
Sure you'll come out in top.
2. buy four preowned games and get two free. Pick high earning games, such as Nintendo games or new releases. You can check the highest earners by platform on GameStops website.
3. Trade in those six games at another GameStop.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 until you hit the trade limit or get bored.

dugdug

Banned
Saw someone mention "getting caught" earlier.

Is there a way they can stop you from taking advantage of this? Like, I did my trades yesterday, but, I'd like to go repeat it today and double down on my credit. If they recognize me, could they just stop the transaction if they cared enough?

new deal

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 $35 ----> $37.40
PRey $40 ----> $46.70
Lego City Undercover $40 ----> $46.70
Injustice 2 $40 ----> $51.42
Just Dance 2017 $40 ----> $51.42
Ghost Recon Wildlands $40 ----> $42.07
Super Bomberman R $40 ----> $46.75

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT

THEY PULL ME BACK IN

These are the prices? Like, today??????

Is this deal still running tomorrow? Cause uhh....I'll be off lol I don't mind letting them buy me another console lmao

purg3

slept with Malkin

Is there a way they can stop you from taking advantage of this? Like, I did my trades yesterday, but, I'd like to go repeat it today and double down on my credit. If they recognize me, could they just stop the transaction if they cared enough?

You can be banned from trading in if you exceed ~$2000 in a rolling 30 day period

Gamestop has tracking for when you use a card. So if youre really looking to abuse the buy2 to keep boosting and trading, you should only wait until your last one or two final trades to put them on your pro card or whatever.

I'm sure even if they havent stopped the issue, there are internal emails on the gamestop intranet out warning for abuse and telling employees to check for signs.

I'd just be wary. The only way they can see a transaction from another store is if you use your procard, free or paid.

Quonny

Absolutely they can.

Probably won't, but the manager can straight up veto any transaction if he/she wants.

emag

Any employee can shut you down if they care to do so, yes. But most employees don't feel any need to do so.

I knew it wouldn't change.

GameStop really isn't reactionary about this stuff.

In the end, it just means people will be shopping at GameStop more. Even after the credit, more will be inclined to go back there in the future, if anything and that's all they should care about right now. They put up the promotion and it's working. :)

I could use some pointers about flips today. I think I'm set, but you could never be too careful.

Mr. Hyde

I might trade in a bunch of stuff I'm not playing but not sure if I will go through with the crazy deal. I have until dawn, persona 5 (I'm 70 hours in and probably will just YouTube the last section because I'm bored), no man's sky and a couple others. Do they now give amazon credit? I want to nab Splatoon 2.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Any employee can shut you down if they care to do so, yes. But most employees don't feel any need to do so.

Yeah, I can't imagine they would do that. Just be pleasant, if they tell you no, just say "Ok" and go to another store. No need to be disrespectful in any way. These guys are working retail, they really don't care and want to do a good job.

Friendly reminder on all your transactions today:

Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com
Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.comWww.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.comWww.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.comWww.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.comWww.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com Www.TellGameStop.com

FILL OUT YOUR SURVEYS WHEN YOU'RE DONE TODAY. THANK THE CLERKS WHO ARE PUTTING UP WITH OUR SHIT :)

Kusagari

Is there any way to turn the store credit into real money? I see people mentioning Amazon and Ebay cards.

You can't use trade credit on Amazon, Ebay or generic Visa cards.

Probably the easiest way to convert to base money is use store credit to buy used iPads and then flip them for profit.

Hm, but if I don't give them my PUR number, I don't get the extra 10% right?

Exactly. So its a double edged blade. Definitely doesn't stop you from the 60%.

You could also make it work by only buying or only trading with the card?

I'm sure someone could perfect a method.

I just know that when you ring someone up in their register system, it will always show that employee your most recent transactions when you last used your card.

So say it shows you just bought 6 games from another gamestop, and they actually pay attention and see you trading in those same games? Might throw up some flags.

YMMV of course, im sure most guys are just bored out of their mind, and some guys might even be taking advantage of it themselves.

Oublieux

Gamestop has tracking for when you use a card. So if youre really looking to abuse the buy2 to keep boosting and trading, you should only wait until your last one or two final trades to put them on your pro card or whatever.

I'm sure even if they havent stopped the issue, there are internal emails on the gamestop intranet out warning for abuse and telling employees to check for signs.

I'd just be wary. The only way they can see a transaction from another store is if you use your procard, free or paid.

Yep, an employee just told me they are tracking this issue now.

Zen Aku

I just called GS customer service. Girl said there's no ban or hold on my account. So I'm not sure what's going on. Either that employee at the other store is lying or even customer service can't see ban on an account (which I highly doubt that's the case)

reKon

Banned

I already did this once yesterday with 6 nintendo games. Does this mean that for this run, I should just go to different GameStop and not tell them I have a pro account? Can they verify my account through my driver's license? Or is that only if I was to providr the same email I use for my power up account?

Jonboy

You can't use trade credit on Amazon, Ebay or generic Visa cards.

Probably the easiest way to convert to base money is use store credit to buy used iPads and then flip them for profit.

Yeah, personally, I think it's too risky to keep trading/flipping games. I'm going to get 3 iPhones today and then try to sell on swappa to basically double my money.

aett

Can anyone confirm if the prices listed on Gamestop's trade-in value page are accurate, and am I to assume that those prices listed don't include the 60/70% bonus?

Kusagari

It's still incredibly easy to get around them looking for this.

Just tell them you don't have the card and don't want one. You're still making insane profit on the B2G1 games even without the extra 10%.

I already did this once yesterday with 6 nintendo games. Does this mean that for this run, I should just go to different GameStop and not tell them I have a pro account? Can they verify my account through my driver's license? Or is that only if I was to providr the same email I use for my power up account?

Pro accounts were always tied primarily to phone number. I'd just tell them you dont remember if you have a card and give them a new phonenumber. They will most likely just make you a new internal account with that number.

I remember guys who would have like 6 different names in the system because they kept using different numbers.

Again, systems change all the time and they may be more vigilant about checking last names vs numbers.

If youre just buying, you dont need to give them anything.

dugdug

Banned

I'm pretty sure they need the driver's license only in case you traded in illegal copies.

Beartruck

My local store told me GS only changes trade values on sundays and Wednesdays, so expect trade values to plummet wednesday in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom