• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC 2017 Zelda panel

jonno394

Seeing as they went to a lot of effort, I could totally see them releasing this or using it to actually highlight the desire for a Zelda maker.

Wait a fucking second, why not a classic 2D Pokémon maker?! With graphics up til fire red and leaf green! Hnnng.

RDJ_Woah.gif

I never realized how much I needed this in my life until this moment.

Yeah I hope this does get released as a sort of Zelda Maker.

I also hope they release some video or info about that tracking software they made to track 100s of playtesters paths through BotW.

If BotW is NES Zelda in 3D, then it will be the best Zelda since... NES Zelda.

I mean, this is how it's being described by both the creators and the reviewers. So, good news then!

The fact that they made an 8 bit prototype for BOTW has me even more hyped than I already was, holy shit. I think it's due to how brilliant the original was for its time, and the open ended ways you can progress.

2 MORE DAYS LET'S GOOOOOO

KingBroly

Banned
So Nintendo made an internal Zelda toolset just like they did for Mario before they made it into Mario Maker.

Wonder what other IP's they're doing that for

Seriously though! Doesn't it look like the same engine? Everything has those sharp little shadows behind them like in Mario Maker.
NES Remix had that too, was that using the Mario Maker engine? I wouldn't be surprised with a Zelda Maker, I guess it's harder to implement than Mario though. WOuld you all be fine with just the 8 bit style?

So Nintendo made an internal Zelda toolset just like they did for Mario before they made it into Mario Maker.

Wonder what other IP's they're doing that for

Sad avatarquote...

But seriously a Metroid maker would be great, but incredibly complex to use well.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This session is held between 11:00am - 12:30pm Pacific time by the way.

Oregano

NES Remix had that too, was that using the Mario Maker engine? I wouldn't be surprised with a Zelda Maker, I guess it's harder to implement than Mario though. WOuld you all be fine with just the 8 bit style?

Why wouldn't they be able to include Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds art style too?

Steiner

Banned

I'd assume it'd be more like a dungeon creator and less like an RPG Maker style game. Set up puzzles / dungeons, use some unique BotW style features and weapons, create small maps filled with enemies, treasure, traps, etc.

Anteo

Pushing the rock (looks from the starting area) all the way to the final boss lmao
Wonder if they can get into the last battle with that

Top Bottom