• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDC 2017 Zelda panel

Crazyorloco

haha i love little things like that. I'm going to choose a rock and keep it with me the entire game.

i'm glad they blurred out the pic.

qko

The panel is on the approach to music on BotW. They won't be announcing Zelda Maker... even though it looks like there is something being developed.

Nanashrew

Banned
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/837025358155165696

Mr. Dohta on the increasing freedom and complexity of this #Zelda: “My excitement was coming not as a developer, but as a player.”

C522HOkUYAAksta.jpg

C522HRBVUAAoNgD.jpg

C522HSeUoAA5UmU.jpg

KHlover

Banned
This is like, the game to end all games.

Holy hell at this level of realism in interactivity... That's not something you see in games, like at all.

Half-Life 2 has an achievement for dragging a garden gnome along with you all game. Coincidentally, HL2 also is about the only non-puzzle game using physics-based puzzles on a scope similar to BOTW.

Imagine waking up one day and seeing this message in your E-Mail account. Day ruined lol

Crazyorloco

C524T2uUoAA8Rcu.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/837027763068424196/photo/1

dear Nintendo, I'd pay another 400€ for this tech demo. Thanks.

damn. what a twist. this is so cool.

"In BOTW you can drop a sword on the ground in a thunderstorm, hover it over to a group of enemies and wait for lightning to strike it."

BRUH. Ok this is awesome. Reminds me of when I first played GTA III, just messing around with the game was fun. I can see that happening with this game.

Peléo;231274328 said:
It could be dungeon only if it turns out a fully fleshed world is too complex.

Given the quality of a random mario maker level, I honestly thing even a decent dungeon would be beyond the majority of a theoretical "zelda maker" players

Half-Life 2 has an achievement for dragging a garden gnome along with you all game. Coincidentally, HL2 also is about the only non-puzzle game using physics-based puzzles on a scope similar to BOTW.

So you're saying BotW is basically an open world Half-Life 2 but with Zelda level design? Sounds good to me.

Nepenthe

lmao
man that feel when you think you are almost done with work and then...

7150a4d99b53bfbaf2d531695c35a795.gif

On topic, the 2D concept is awesome, but it makes a whole bunch of sense when you see game development as iterative. Really smart decision nonetheless, and it must've been fun to fool around with. Mmmaaayhaps we get a chance to play around with it one day?

Top Bottom