• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Console Leaked

You know, I really don't mind the Gears 4 Elite controller and console, but there is one thing which ruins the whole thing; the fucking blood splatter.

Still waiting for a black console before I decide on getting an S.

Marvel

could never
Oooh damn, if only scorpio wasn't out next year. I totally would otherwise.

Already got a new perfectly working secy phatty.

Sterba

I dig it. Not amazed by it, but matches Gears elite controller aesthetic.

Had normal copy of Gears 4 digitally preordered on XBL, and a 2tb system preordered.

Really don't want to wait til October for an UHD BR player, but I love Gears, and this would fit right in next to my Gears 360. Plus it'd save me a few dollars on the game, get me the ultimate edition saving me even more money, and allow me to put even less back per week.

You can cancel XBL preorders, right?

Somnia

I don't get people flipping out over the price. It's a 2TB model with the $99 version of the game. The base 2TB system is $399.99.

Not saying $449 isn't expensive, but the price fits.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Scust. MS can't seem to do LE edition consoles very well except for the light green see through Halo OG Xbox.

angelic

Banned
hideous, much prefer (and own) this

51sJ6lvbuDL.jpg

I don't get people flipping out over the price. It's a 2TB model with the $99 version of the game. The base 2TB system is $399.99.

Not saying $449 isn't expensive, but the price fits.

Yeah I don't get it either. Its obviously aimed at Gears super fans. Im sure its not being made in super large quantities.

Chobel

What's so funny about the price? It's $399 just for 2TB Slim. $449 for special edition console with $100 edition is a great price.

It doesn't matter if the price is justifiable or not, $449 is expensive. Especially when The console is sold at $299 ($279 for old SKU).

Kazooie

Banned
Happy to get it in white after seeing this. I don't think it's that ugly though, I'd rather have the variety of a few LE consoles.

Max_Po

Banned
Dammed, this is FUGLY..

This is coming from someone who owns.

1. Gears of War limited Edition.
2. Gears of War 2 Limited Edition.
3. Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console
4. Gears of War 3 Epic Edition.
5. 2 x Gears of War 3 Edition Xbox360 Controller....
Preorder of Gears of War Edition Elite Controller

FUCK... who ever designed that thing needs his ass booted out of the design department

The design itself is good but the decision on final colors is not. Since they already did a black omen/red BG console with GeOW 3, they should have gone with a black BG/crimson omen (OG omen) combo with this console. The crimson colored blood splatters on a black BG would have looked great as well. Also, GeOW 3 LE console came with 2 controllers with the new D-Pads, this has one controller but don't know if its the elite (insane value if true but most likely not since that retails for $200 instead of the regular $150 price tag).

Anyway, the pricing of the bundle might turn a LOT of people off, despite how much value it represents, especially now that they're beginning their hype train already for Scorpio. They can't expect the consumer to pay up $450 for a console when it's successor with 4X greater performance, 1 year later around the same price segment.

For console-only players looking to buy an S this year and upgrading to a Scorpio next year, look into the 500GB model instead.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
No giant GEARS OF WAR 4 logo on the console, which is automatically a big improvement over the LE 360 they did.

LE consoles should never, ever, ever have a game's name plastered on them conspicuously.

Shin-Ra

Have they released a Gears console bundle this expensive before?

If they sell enough of these, Gears 4 could be the best selling to date, *by revenue, including hardware.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Have they released a Gears console bundle this expensive before?
The only other Gears console bundle was released when the 360 had been on the market for 6 years, so... nnnnot really a fair point of comparison.

Better to compare with the Halo 5 LE bundle that released last year at $499. This one has twice the HDD space of that one and costs $50 less.

Top Bottom