• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 Limited Edition Console Leaked

I'd like to see how much it is in pounds before I make a decision.

I don't think it's hideous but I don't think it looks great either. It would be a nice collectors item to have but, again, it's all about that price.

Gitaroo

I hope there will be a regular 500g white bundle witht he regular game code for gears or forze horison 3 so I can trade in my old system.

Wagram

Price is insane and the digital codes are a dealbreaker. I'm sure there are some die hard gears fans out there that want this though.

Chobel

It's the most popular one for the OG model lol.

You have no idea which model will be most popular for the One S.

Like really? It doesn't take a genius to know that the cheapest one will continue to be the most popular one.

I mean $300 OG SKU is most popular but somehow the $350 XB1S will be the most popular this time around? And that will happen when there's a $300 XB1S? Please explain this one to me.

El_Chino

Like really? It doesn't take a genius to know that the cheapest one will continue to be the most popular one.

I mean $300 OG SKU is most popular but somehow the $350 XB1S will be the most popular this time around? And that will happen when there's a $300 XB1S? Please explain this one to me.
Quite simple really.

People are realizing 500GB isn't enough storage nowadays, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out either.

amdb00mer

The price is not insane. The 2TB is $399 alone. They added in GOW4 and the custom paint job for only $49.99. So, the price is just right.

Lothars

The price is not insane. The 2TB is $399 alone. They added in GOW4 and the custom paint job for only $49.99. So, the price is just right.
Not really, I got the original Gears 3 bundle and it was the same price as the elite system. This is overpriced for what they are asking for.

amdb00mer

Not really, I got the original Gears 3 bundle and it was the same price as the elite system. This is overpriced for what they are asking for.

So your comparing an Xbox One S GOW4 2TB Bundle with a Xbox 360 S GOW 3 320GB Bundle? I understand it had 2 controllers and some DLC codes, but really? I will concede it had a better design than this one.

El_Chino

LOL, That's not true at all, most console gamers are casuals who buy very few games a year.
Few games a year, every year adds up very quickly.

Especially with how big games are nowadays.

The casual gamer would buy (as an example) Madden, NBA 2k, call of Duty, halo, and whatever popular game there is at the moment. That's already a quarter of your hard drive space if not more.

The casual gamer would buy (as an example) Madden, NBA 2k, call of Duty, halo, and whatever popular game there is aut the moment. That's already a quarter of your hard drive space if not more.

Yeah but if you buy COD and sports game yearly, people just delete the installs of the older games they no longer play

im in.
i like the look despite being in the minority.
plus i dont need a scorpio as i have a PC which i intend to install a 1070 in for cheaper than what the scorpio will most likely retail for.
and i refuse to play xbox exclusives from the windows store.

itll just be an xbox exclusive machine

Chobel

The casual gamer would buy (as an example) Madden, NBA 2k, call of Duty, halo, and whatever popular game there is at the moment. That's already a quarter of your hard drive space if not more.

And they can and will uninstall games next year, because they don't need to keep old games once you have the new annual games. Seriously 500GB is more than enough for most people. (You can uninstall games on XB1, right?)

And just to give you an idea on what "few games" means, Wii the console which have one of the best software attach rate had the attach rate of 9... Nine games! 360 was 7.5 IIRC.

EDIT:
And even assuming I buy that "500GB isn't enough" argument, then how all of sudden people will figure that out now? We're talking about drastic change of people purchasing behavior in a very short time (Gears 4 bundle is only 3 months from now).

hwalker84

All I want is a Black Xbox One S. Seriously considering canceling my preorder. I'm holding out hope the 1TB or 500GB are Black.

Got a Gears of War 4 Elite controller on pre-order, but I'm thinking of jacking it in and getting this instead.

Any thoughts?
That Gears elite is insanely overpriced considering the normal elite is expensive enough.

And this console is ugly.

Therefore, but a normal elite and put a gears of war sticker on it or something lol

That doesn't look like an Elite controller.
I hope there will be a regular 500g white bundle witht he regular game code for gears or forze horison 3 so I can trade in my old system.
At least upgrade to a 1TB. Unless your only gonna use the system for those two games 500GB is not enough.

horkrux

At least upgrade to a 1TB. Unless your only gonna use the system for those two games 500GB is not enough.

You expect both of them to take over hundreds of GB?

'500GB is not enough' is hyperbole. Hell, I install all my newer games on PC on a 250GB SSD. Working out perfectly fine with help of the magic that is called 'uninstall.'

You expect both of them to take over hundreds of GB?

'500GB is not enough' is hyperbole. Hell, I install all my newer games on PC on a 250GB SSD. Working out perfectly fine with help of the magic that is called 'uninstall.'

Not everyone has the time nor interest to reinstall games that are 40+GB all day....

500GB is a joke nowadays.

horkrux

Not everyone has the time nor interest to reinstall games that are 40+GB all day....

500GB is a joke nowadays.

Not everyone has the incentive to play more than 10 big, new games in parallel..

There are people who want to keep as many games available at all time and there's people who don't want or need that. 500GB is fine for the latter. Install once, play it, get rid of it. Even plenty of space for those few games you keep coming back to (Forza and Gears e.g.).

Gitaroo

I got a 2TB usb HDD connected so storage is never an issue, irc DF say external HDD load faster than stock even.

Welfare

Looks much better than the Gears 3 Xbox, and it comes with the $99 version at 2TB.

For reference, the Gears 3 bundle was $399 with the standard game and 320GB.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I think it looks gorgeous.
Although I'd rather have companies make limited editions just a solid color instead of adding decals, logos, and such.

watdaeff4

And they can and will uninstall games next year, because they don't need to keep old games once you have the new annual games. Seriously 500GB is more than enough for most people. (You can uninstall games on XB1, right?)

And just to give you an idea on what "few games" means, Wii the console which have one of the best software attach rate had the attach rate of 9... Nine games! 360 was 7.5 IIRC.

EDIT:
And even assuming I buy that "500GB isn't enough" argument, then how all of sudden people will figure that out now? We're talking about drastic change of people purchasing behavior in a very short time (Gears 4 bundle is only 3 months from now).

Chobel can you clarify what point you are trying to make? Because frankly all I'm seeing is a way to be negative towards this

Why are you bringing up casual gamers and their purchasing habits? They type you mention aren't the ones that will buy this console nor was intended for. This is more for the hardcore gamer that will probably utilize the bigger hard drive

Also in your attach rate, does that factor in used games purchases or the fact they get 4 free games per month?

watdaeff4

Price is insane and the digital codes are a dealbreaker. I'm sure there are some die hard gears fans out there that want this though.

$50 more for a LE console is insane? That seems to be the standard.

Same with digital codes in these bundles.

I have absolutely zero interest in this console but these posts that act like this is so out of the norm is just lol

Welfare

yeah, because back in the day 2TB was a thing on consoles.....

It was the biggest storage at the time for the Xbox 360, just like the 2TB model for the XB1 right now. Both are essentially the same value except for the fact the the Gears 4 bundle comes with the $99 version of the game.

Chobel

Chobel can you clarify what point you are trying to make? Because frankly all I'm seeing is a way to be negative towards this

The price is too much for it to sell anything worthwhile.

Why are you bringing up casual gamers and their purchasing habits? They type you mention aren't the ones that will buy this console nor was intended for. This is more for the hardcore gamer that will probably utilize the bigger hard drive
You can have LE edition and still make it sell big (make it casual price-friendly), see Destiny and Arkham bundles from Sony. Or maybe don't do custom design and/or don't include season pass (Titanfall bundle, Unity bundle).

This bundle has no chance selling remotely close to the bundles above, and that's a big wasted opportunity.

Also in your attach rate, does that factor in used games purchases or the fact they get 4 free games per month?
Used game is actually argument in my favor, it means people don't keep games installed in their HDD.

4 free games per month is a good point but:
1) They're usually small games (in size).
2) They're not the game you keep around for ever (Indie + old BC games).
3) I'm pulling this from my ass, but I think many casual don't even bother to download these games, they just get their fix from annual games and big hyped games.
-------------------------------

$50 more for a LE console is insane? That seems to be the standard.

Same with digital codes in these bundles.

I have absolutely zero interest in this console but these posts that act like this is so out of the norm is just lol

It's $150 more. Many people don't care about the extra storage, so XB1S is effectively $299 for them.

Top Bottom