• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Zimmerman: Jobless, homeless, and bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So according to the Orlando Sentinel, George Zimmerman is $2.5 million in debt, has $14,000 in assets (his car), and gets by through couch hopping from house to house of various friends and right-wing supporters. He has $650 in his bank account, no health insurance, and $350 in monthly medical expenses.

Karma is a fucking bitch

Savitar

He didn't go to jail, and this might maybe be worse for him so I can approve in a round about way as punishment for killing a human being.

Ahasverus

2590245-worlds_smallest_violin_poster_by_dr_j33_d32tvet.jpg

Chumly

As the article mentions he doesn't say what happened to his 100k from his "painting". I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding money.

Ventrue

I don't feel any sympathy for him in specific, but if it really is all legal debt, that's messed up. If an innocent person was in the same circumstances, being acquitted of murder shouldn't bankrupt you.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well...you get three hots and a cot in prison so he can go that route if he'd like.

I don't know, I'm not going to wish ill will on the guy despite how I feel about the outcome. He was found not guilty, but the court of public opinion isn't going to make it easy for this dude to enter normal society for awhile. His only real option is probably to double down and make money of his supporters. Eugh, can't believe I'm even writing this.

injurai

Banned
I don't feel any sympathy for him in specific, but if it really is all legal debt, that's messed up. If an innocent person was in the same circumstances, being acquitted of murder shouldn't bankrupt you.

I'm pretty sure any innocent person would seek damages, to me at least his situation is really telling

Guevara

I get the feeling from what I've read about him that dude will fuck up again (and again and again) and probably end up in prison sooner or later anyway.

railGUN

Banned

He could have used free, state provided legal aid, no?

commedieu

Banned

he is innocent though..

#notallkidshooters

Chariot

This. Still got off easy.
Just wait. At this point he has no means to recover from this. At some point his supporters won't have him sleeping on their sofas anymore and will be annoyed by him. He is a parasit to them, not of any use anymore and only sucking up charity.
Watch as he is losing anything like the protagonist in a american comedy at the end of the second arc without the third one ever happening.

Well...you get three hots and a cot in prison so he can go that route if he'd like.

I don't know, I'm not going to wish ill will on the guy despite how I feel about the outcome. He was found not guilty, but the court of public opinion isn't going to make it easy for this dude to enter normal society for awhile. His only real option is probably to double down and make money of his supporters. Eugh, can't believe I'm even writing this.

Are you really gonna bring up a court of public opinion being against him when he has a sizable poulation of gun-loving racists supporting him from the moment news hit he killed a kid? He's even got some of them offering a couch to sleep on.

Dryk

He was found not guilty, but the court of public opinion isn't going to make it easy for this dude to enter normal society for awhile.
Regardless of whether or not he was found guilty his reckless actions directly led to someone's death. If public opinion wants to judge him harshly for that then it can go ahead.

How does someone have $650 in their bank account, but spend $3304 a month?

How can someone get 2.5 million in debt? Who extends that much in terms of credit?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Lawyers cost that much?

He used some pretty high profile "super lawyers", and hired some animation companies to create custom animation renders of his version of the night's events, which were used as part of the closing arguments.

It wasn't a cheap defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom