• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goofy VA claims Kingdom Hearts 3 due in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAA

He's dun goofed.

Have to admit, this made me laugh, ha ha.

There's been a few rerecordings for both the 1.5 and 2.5 collections, so the KH3D hypothesis isn't out of question. There is a high chance that an HD remaster of KH3D is the 2015 KH title.

As for KH3 coming out this year... lol, no.

Interesting, only would have thought Re-Coded/358/2 had some voice recording... I heard there were some final mix cutscenes that were recorded for too and some new roxas "battle voices"...not heard of anything being re-voiced to much of a degree...

I will be shocked if KH3 is this year too, find it hard to believe, but found it newsworthy to post, if its not KH3, its possible it may be KH3D (probably most likely), and if it does, either SE have been developing it longer than they've let on or it will be low on content.

I...I can't even........I can't even begin to believe this. It would be a miracle in the gaming industry if Square Enix released FFXV and KHIII in the same year...no. This can't be real. I refuse to fall for that. My hype has stabilized for the both of those games but this made my blood rush at first glance.

mazpratim

tumblr_n3r0a49fGG1sthzylo1_250.gif

abrack08

Man, that would be awesome. It's not gonna happen, but imagine if MGS5, Persona 5, Zelda WiiU, FFXV, and KH3 all came out in the same year... Would be the best year ever (for me).

Andrefpvs

Interesting, only would have thought Re-Coded/358/2 had some voice recording... I heard there were some final mix cutscenes that were recorded for too and some new roxas "battle voices"...not heard of anything being re-voiced to much of a degree...

No, you're right, that's what I was talking about. Maybe "rerecordings" wasn't the best choice of words, I'm sorry about that. What I meant is that voice actors were called to record lines for the HD collections (mostly for the new content + Final Mix cutscenes). Don't worry, you're well informed.

Sterba

As much as I'd love for this to be true, I just don't buy it. I barely buy that the game is out of pre-production.

Goofy VA: So, for what game is this voicework?, just for curiosity.

Man: KH3

Goofy VA: Oh, nice, I'm sure fans will be please *leaves room*

Man: I mean KH3...D HD

Man:
w2UVxR4.png

LAA

Man, that would be awesome. It's not gonna happen, but imagine if MGS5, Persona 5, Zelda WiiU, FFXV, and KH3 all came out in the same year... Would be the best year ever (for me).

Damn you're right, 2015 is sounding damn awesome. KH3 is the biggest game I'm looking forward to on PS4 (this gen altogether even), been waiting for it too long. I accepted I would have to wait a while for it to come out though, so 2015 sounds incredible to me, but at the same time, if it was true, would it meet my expectations. So, both good and bad I feel if its true.

No, you're right, that's what I was talking about. Maybe "rerecordings" wasn't the best choice of words, I'm sorry about that. What I meant is that voice actors were called to record lines for the HD collections (mostly for the new content + Final Mix cutscenes). Don't worry, you're well informed.

No worries pal, I wasn't entirely sure if they re-recorded voices for the game. My point was just if it was for "minor" things like that, surely he could tell the difference between voicing enough content for a full game and some lines for the "films" (Which I don't think he really plays much of a part in), or for 3D, which I don't know if he'd re-record any voices for...unless they're making a KH3D Final mix with new cutscenes and stuff?

One half of me wants this game like tomorrow and the other one wants it like in next years, so it can be polished to perfection.

I really can't wait for this game, but I'm scared, that it doesn't meet my expectations. Does anyone else feel like this? :(

Honestly I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to KH3. I'll have fun with it for sure but I'm not expecting it to touch KH1/KH2FM.

Bladenic

He probably wasn't even serious. Like why would they tell him that anyway?

But I would cry if it did come out in 2015

Berordn

I don't get why he has to be lying, chances are the script and VA are all done and at the time he finished they told him "2015."

The whole engine debacle could've happened after.

Would they even record all the lines for goofy so early like that?

If they plan to show KH3 in English at any point this year, they'd likely need to have started recording already.

So the real question is how long after they start recording localized lines could we expect to see major script changes introduced? Obviously the cutscenes could be completed totally independently of the gameplay and recorded before they're actually finished.

Ravidrath

I think this is possible.

Also, for KH, they record the voices WAY ahead of time because of budgeting and scheduling of Disney's approved actors. They lock down the voiced cinematics very early for this reason.

For example, English Birth By Sleep was recorded at the same time as PS2 Re: Chain of Memories, and they were actually released two years apart.

Hexa

I don't understand the VA industry that well, but is it really possible to VA well if you don't even know what game you're voice acting for?
Furthermore, he says he's done recording, so wouldn't he know from the size of the recording whether it was KH3 or KH3DHD as it would have to be much longer for KH3?

Maybe its both.
KH3DHD featuring KH3: Episode Daybreak for $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom