• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: If You Vote For Trump, Then Screw You

Status
Not open for further replies.
People ITT who think they can convince Trump supporters to start acting like decent human beings is cute.

The point should be to turn Democrats and young people out. Brexit could've been prevented if the 18-34 turnout wasn't pitiful.

and I will just leave this here as well: if you are saying the trump supporters need to fuck off, they are stupid red necks, and they are deplorable to even consider voting for a racist, bigot, sexist candidate, you are no better than Trump himself.

Ps: I can't vote, and I am not american, just stating my point of view. don't complain about a bully when you are bullying

Skilletor

I dunno..I honestly think there are Trump supporters who are good people, not racist, and 'mean well' for the country, though they probably are the minority. Some people are victims of their limited exposure.

Don't see how that's possible. Honestly.

and I will just leave this here as well: if you are saying the trump supporters need to fuck off, they are stupid red necks, and they are deplorable to even consider voting for a racist, bigot, sexist candidate, you are no better than Trump himself. see my point?

No, I don't. What is it?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
and I will just leave this here as well: if you are saying the trump supporters need to fuck off, they are stupid red necks, and they are deplorable to even consider voting for a racist, bigot, sexist candidate, you are no better than Trump himself. see my point?

Nope.

and I will just leave this here as well: if you are saying the trump supporters need to fuck off, they are stupid red necks, and they are deplorable to even consider voting for a racist, bigot, sexist candidate, you are no better than Trump himself.

Ps: I can't vote, and I am not american, just stating my point of view. don't complain about a bully when you are bullying

"People calling out racists are no better than racists."

giphy.gif

You can't sit down an have a rational conversation with a Trump supporter and then suddenly get them to change their views and vote for Hillary. That ship has sailed. So there is nothing to lose here by telling those people to fuck off.

Considering all the facts are against trump , having a rational conversation with trump supporters is quite impossible

Caja 117

Incredible the false equivalence that comes from people in position of privilege.

The bullying I get because of the color of my skin is in no way equal to calling out those people out on what they are.

"People calling out racists are no better than racists."

Incredible the false equivalence that comes from people from a position of privilege.

The bullying I get because of the color of my skin is in no way equal to calling out those people out on what they are.

so you are saying that every trump supporter is ignorant and racist? is this not a generalization?

You guys understand that Trump has gained more support after Hillary said that half of Trump supporters are deplorable?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Conservative commentators and die-hard Republicans often brush off denunciations of Donald Trump as an unprincipled hatemonger by saying: Yeah, yeah, that’s what Democrats wail about every Republican they’re trying to take down. Sing me a song I haven’t heard so many times before.

Howard Wolfson would be outraged by that response if he didn’t recognize its aptness.

“There’s enough truth to it to compel some self-reflection,” Wolfson, who was the communications director for Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid in 2008, told me this week.

In fact, he finds himself thinking about it a whole lot: how extreme the put-downs of political adversaries have become; how automatically combatants adopt postures of unalloyed outrage; what this means when they come upon a crossroads — and a candidate — of much greater, graver danger.

“I worked on the presidential campaign in 2004,” he said, referring to John Kerry’s contest against George W. Bush. He added that he was also “active in discussing” John McCain when he ran for the presidency in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012.

“And I’m quite confident I employed language that, in retrospect, was hyperbolic and inaccurate, language that cheapened my ability — our ability — to talk about this moment with accuracy and credibility.”

Via

so you are saying that every trump supporter is ignorant and racist? is this not a generalization?

You guys understand that Trump has gained more support after Hillary said that half of Trump supporters are deplorable?

Do you think it's out of line to assume that people voting for an ignorant racist, running a racist platform, to represent them think similarly?

The Kree

Banned

Some generalizations are accurate. You just seem to have trouble identifying which ones.

Hint: Supporting a White nationalist running for president makes you a bad person.

Skilletor

They're supporting one. They're ignoring the racist, xenophobic, sexist, fascist shit he says.

So if they aren't racist themselves, they don't care because what he says doesn't affect them, and the end result is just as bad. So fuck them.

HarryKS

I get what the article is saying, but don't understand the intended audience. Not like people who will vote Trump take time to read editorials like this, and certainly not ones which insult them. Just comes off as very circlejerk-y.

That's the sad part. It's out of touch and moronic.

Biff

YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR.

Stay classy GQ!

It wasn't okay when Trump mocked the mentally disabled in his rallies.

It sure as fuck is not okay when you do it too.

Disgusting and laughably unprofessional for a national media outlet. But they hate Trump so they get a pass, amirite?

Note to the people causing the polls to fluctuate: What the fuck is wrong with you? I gotta meet the five percent of people who saw Hillary come down with pneumonia and were like, “Forget her, gimme the dictator with dryer lint hair.”
It's not the pneumonia, it's the fact that half the country does not believe her campaign is telling the truth about it.

Eidan

I'll say it. If you vote Trump, you are ignorant, or racist, or both, and just an all together awful human. I'm well past the point of trying to convince anyone not to vote for the man, because any sane, decent person wouldn't need convincing.

No, I'm just in straight shaming mode, and I will be shaming Trump voters till the day they die.

Caja 117

They are supporting a Racist so either they are or they dont care because it doesn't affect them. And You dont have to support Trump or vote for Clinton if you dislike Clinton,.

Saiyu

I dunno..I honestly think there are Trump supporters who are good people, not racist, and 'mean well' for the country, though they probably are the minority. Some people are victims of their limited exposure.
Oh yeah no doubt. It was a mistake to tar every "leaver" in the Brexit campaign as a "little Englander" and I have no doubt there were very many who were good people.

Prologue

Earlier this week, the Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold uncovered yet another Donald Trump scam job, in which he used over $250,000 in charitable donations to help pay off his legal bills. And, because this is Trump, that sordid (and almost certainly illegal) bit of money laundering is just ONE despicable detail of the story. There are many more, including Trump’s club trying to welch on a $1 million hole-in-one payout (out of all of Trump’s bad qualities, his steadfast refusal to pay people what he owes them, while bragging about it, is the most enraging), along with the old bit about Trump blithely ignoring local ordinances so he could put a big, dipshit flagpole up at the Mar-A-Lago club, with his lawyers stating—with a straight face—that a smaller flag “would fail to appropriately express the magnitude of Donald J. Trump’s . . . patriotism” (NOTE: Until recently, Trump didn’t know what the stripes on the flag symbolized).

None of this is surprising, of course. Trump is a liar and a crook, and he commits abominable acts at such a frenetic pace that they get lost in the fury surrounding whatever horrible thing he does next.

Crazy, but it sounds like these qualities are shared among other people, like Hillary, Obama, Bush, Ted and Marco. These people are always pointing fingers at each other like their shit doesn't stink. Hillary with her totalitarian like qualities and her aggressive military mindset. Obama and his fun skirmishes with drones in the name of peace. Don't even get me started on Bush and his war crimes. Ted, the person who thinks he's god's gift to mankind and Marco, who doesn't think much of anything. How many innocent families did these people kill in the name of "peace" and "religion"?

Throw in a racist and a bigot, everyone starts losing their minds. This is what happens when years of corruption and public dissatisfaction go unchecked. You have someone like Trump that rises above the festering anger. There a reason why he's doing as well as he is. I'll vote for Hillary for the sake of the supreme court, but the whole system and even the country needs a rude awakening. And if that ends up being Trump, so be it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
If you truly can't see how calling every Trump voter out as a irredeemable racist fuckhead is completely counterproductive, then I honestly have to call your own intelligence into question. Let's get past the part of knee-jerk emotions and shouting matches.

I mean, it can surely feel good to call Trump voters out, but beating that dead damn horse for a few more months is going to do jack shit to swing more voters towards Hillary.
Not talking about just the article here but the general vibe in this thread among Hillary supporters. You ain't swaying anyone's opinion like that and in the process mostly come across looking like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Like the writer of the article in question. It's doing nothing but fan the flames of the 'us versus them' mentality.

Get out there and spread a positive message about your candidate. Put Hillary in the limelight in a good way. Because her national status as the 'lesser of two evils' is what's hurting her most right now, and it's the incessant shit-flinging that's causing it.

zelas

Pretty much how I feel about anyone who votes for Trump as opposed to not voting at all. I don't care how much you say you don't agree with his behavior or statements. At the end of the day, whether you want to admit it or not, you are willingly saying you don't think the equal treatment and civil right of minorities is a top priority. Especially in light of recent events, you are saying whether or not a child's father will make it home is an after thought compared to standing up for political correctness. You are saying there is a price you can put on people's lives and that the suffering or execution of these people is worthwhile.

Saiyu

I'll say it. If you vote Trump, you are ignorant, or racist, or both, and just an all together awful human. I'm well past the point of trying to convince anyone not to vote for the man, because any sane, decent person wouldn't need convincing.

No, I'm just in straight shaming mode, and I will be shaming Trump voters till the day they die.
So you are saying, and this goes for everyone else echoing similar sentiments here, that every Trump voter, 100% of them are ignorant and/or racist?

See how well that did for Gordon Brown when he called a voter a bigot.

Vyer

All this hand wringing in here about being mean or name calling, like that is what's important.

This article says exactly what it is, exasperation. People in here more worried about that than, you know, a racist, bigoted, hate-filled con man with devastating 'policies' planned for the US and who hires white supremacists and sexual harassers as his 'leaders' actually having support in this country.

Arkeband

Banned
So you are saying, and this goes for everyone else echoing similar sentiments here, that every Trump voter, 100% of them are ignorant and/or racist?

I made specific reference to this thread and the arguments going on in this thread in the Intelligence Squared Debate topic thread I just created, y'all might wanna check it out and maybe get back to these head to heads after listening to a proper debate about this topic.

Oxn

Some generalizations are accurate. You just seem to have trouble identifying which ones.

Hint: Supporting a White nationalist running for president makes you a bad person.

Racism also stems from generalization.

Are you ok with that?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

If you support a racist for president who has established a racist platform, then you are necessarily either racist or ignorant yes.

Parshias7

Guys if we just hold racists' hands and tell them that everything is going to be OK and its totally not a big deal to hate minorities then maybe we can finally get through to them!

So next time your neighbor shares a facebook post about how the latest dead black man "was no angel" make sure to give it a like, wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

Supporters of racism are the same as racists. Trump is a racist, running on a racist platform. The CEO of Brietbart is his campaign manager, his son (also involved in the campaign) constantly retweets and uses white supremacy talking points. This shit isn't hard to understand. If you support him, even if you don't want to admit it to yourself, you are racist.

Toxi

Banned
I've long had some serious issues with the entire concept of democracy as we know it. The fact that anyone is voting for this guy just cements those feelings.
Democracy is a wonderful thing and should never be taken for granted. My father lived under the military dictatorship of 1976-1983; compared to that, democracy of any kind is a blessing.

But democracy needs an informed and caring electorate. Ignorance and apathy are the worst things that can happen to democracy.

I can only assume you are questioning this because you aren't familiar with Trump, his campaign, or his platform.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The funny thing about Trump's racism is that it kind of distracts from the fact that he is probably the most unqualified major candidate for president in the history of this country.

E92 M3

If you truly can't see how calling every Trump voter out as a irredeemable racist fuckhead is completely counterproductive, then I honestly have to call your own intelligence into question. Let's get past the part of knee-jerk emotions and shouting matches.

I mean, it can surely feel good to call Trump voters out, but beating that dead damn horse for a few more months is going to do jack shit to swing more voters towards Hillary.
Not talking about just the article here but the general vibe in this thread among Hillary supporters. You ain't swaying anyone's opinion like that and in the process mostly come across looking like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Like the writer of the article in question. It's doing nothing but fan the flames of the 'us versus them' mentality.

Get out there and spread a positive message about your candidate. Put Hillary in the limelight in a good way. Because her national status as the 'lesser of two evils' is what's hurting her most right now, and it's the incessant shit-flinging that's causing it.

Perfectly logical without excess emotions.

The funny thing about Trump's racism is that it kind of distracts from the fact that he is probably the most unqualified major candidate for president in the history of this country.

That's the other part. Trump's policy is his ego. Whatever assuages it at the moment he says, which is why his policy changes every few days. He is uniquely a threat to the country, and actively damaging it.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Trump has pushed things to such an extreme that this is one of those rare cases where the issue is practically black and white so, yes, generalizations are in order. Trump's policies are utterly racist, divisive and antagonist towards the principles this country was founded upon and helped make it great. He is a world-class charlatan and a pathological liar. He's being investigated in multiple cases of campaign finance fraud/abuse, nevermind the various private legal suits he's being or has been prosecuted for.

If you are someone who thinks our politics are too corrupt all-around and we just need to toss them all out and start over, HE'S THE FURTHEST THING FROM A SOLUTION TO THAT PROBLEM.

If someone is voting for Trump, there is no rational justification for doing so that doesn't boil down to either a frightening amount of ignorance, or a disgusting amount of racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom