• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Niks

I'm convinced that development has moved on to whatever Polyphony is planning for PS4. Either a prologue, a remaster of GT6 or straight up GT7 proper.

I have no evidence for this and am talking our of my arse.

I really wonder how many people would buy a hypothetical "GT6 remastered" for PS4... at $60 bucks.

My bet, not many, especially with Driveclub around the corner and looking fantastic, not to mention no wheel support.

SmokyDave

I really wonder how many people would buy a hypothetical "GT6 remastered" for PS4... at $60 bucks.

My bet, not many, especially with Driveclub around the corner and looking fantastic, not to mention no wheel support.
It's the wheel support that would make life hard for me. I'd kill for a GT on PS4 but unless Logitech support is in, I'll begrudgingly buy the PS3 version.

Can't believe they didn't have Logitech wheel support sorted out before the machines rolled off the production line. Spectacular lack of foresight there.

muteki

I thought Kaz said that GT for the PS4 is going to be a proper game and not a remaster.
One could argue that the last two proper games in GT have been, in part, remasters.

A lot of content can be carried over from GT6 to the first PS4 game, and it still be called GT7.

dubc35

One could argue that the last two proper games in GT have been, in part, remasters.

A lot of content can be carried over from GT6 to the first PS4 game, and it still be called GT7.

The GT development cycle is so iterative one could argue they're still remastering GT 1.

lawndart

Neo Member
I do hope Polyphony don't get hung up on the hacks... Really, all it does is mess up the infrequent ad-hoc online game... how many people does that effect? And if people want to mess around with their own game so be it... Hex editing was around LONG before modding... it's a part of the world of PC gaming and in most cases makes most retail games better...

Besides, if PD have 2 layer encryption then they have solid means to detect and cut off modded players from competing in online events like GTA and Seasonals... assuming they did it right...

Anyone still playing online? Suddenly had the urge to try once again to play online and maybe complete a decent race... any rooms to look for, any hours that you guys are still playing?

That is not how remasters are defined. Wax is always talking about remasters in the sense of a straight port with better graphics, not just some content that is getting carried over. Kaz has said that GT for the PS4 is going to have the standard cars and that it's not a GT6 port.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That is not how remasters are defined. Wax is always talking about remasters in the sense of a straight port with better graphics, not just some content that is getting carried over. Kaz has said that GT for the PS4 is going to have the standard cars and that it's not a GT6 port.

GT6 changed quite a few things and is still fairly fresh. If he waits for a full new version we'll be waiting for years. Get a port out and then do the sequel. That way we might actually get two GTs this generation.

Ted

Anyone still playing online? Suddenly had the urge to try once again to play online and maybe complete a decent race... any rooms to look for, any hours that you guys are still playing?

In my experience (mostly with GT5 as I couldn't really get anyone interested in GT6 online) if you want close and fair racing look out for rooms that have tyre limitations and aren't running 400-500pp street cars on sticky race tyres or look for spec races where everyone is in the same car (but again check for tyre limits).

Outside of that try rooms with focused class settings (GT300/500 for example) with lengths of more than 3 laps. These tend to be less of a free for all and are more likely to have an attentive host who wants clean racing. The downside of this type of room is that they are often a little less welcoming of newcomers as they don't want their races ruined by punters.

I'd advise trying to find lobbies where the members obviously have raced together before and try to ingratiate yourself with the group. Say hello, be polite, be respectful, ask questions and go easy in the first few races to prove you can race cleanly and fairly and you'll eventually find a group who like to play like you. Add people to your friends list who are clean racers or good hosts and go from there. If you can be bothered to cultivate a varied friends list of good hosts and racers you'll definitely have fun most times you play.

All of that said, do expect to waste some time initially trying to find a lobby/group. There is a lot of crap lobbies you'll have to weed out before you find the one you want.

Shuffle racing lobbies were the best lobbies to start with and I'd recommend these but unfortunately they took it out after GT5 for reasons utterly unknown to me.

benzy

Looks like an update next week with the Sierra track.

Bring More Tuna said:
Update 1.12 will coming next week which including:
Sierra time rally
Quick match
VGT which already announced
Additional Dashboard instrumental gauge option

Sorry for late.
It's live broadcasting in Niconico here.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv191096089?ref=grel
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv191876544
I want to record to the video but unfortunately I don't have capture environment.
I'm waiting somebody upload to Youtube.

...Also I didn't see anything about course maker.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ra-new-gt6-track.301346/page-34#post-10039874

ruttyboy

wonder what the instrument gauge is.

They've upgraded the selection you can choose from to 16.7 million colours.

I've suspected for a while that the delay with Sierra is because they were struggling to fit it all in RAM. If we are limited to short timed sections that might be evidence for it.

Alternatively whoever wrote 'rally' there actually meant 'trial'.

amar212

Thank god, finally.

I really can't wait for the Quick Race option, I am waiting it since GT5: Prologue servers have been killed. I hope the Pro class will be executed as desired.

Quick race? As in, matchmaking?

Please be true, i think online is the only thing that can make me play this game.

Last night i was trying the Z4 GT3 right after trying the same combo in Assetto Corsa. Doing like this you can really see just how bad the Force Feedback really is, not to mention the sound and curb physics...

MGR

Thank god, finally.

I really can't wait for the Quick Race option, I am waiting it since GT5: Prologue servers have been killed. I hope the Pro class will be executed as desired.

It's just unbelievable this is still missing since GT5 Prologue. Hoping for a regular rotation of one-make, unmodified, no SRF races.

*edit*

What's the bet they still don't have any party or invite system for Quick Race matchmaking?

Quick race? As in, matchmaking?

Please be true, i think online is the only thing that can make me play this game.

It's frankly ridiculous that this feature has been missing since the release of GT5 Prologue almost 6 years ago ... hosting your own room takes forever to fill and trying to find another half decent lobby is a crap-shoot - when do you finally get into somewhere the host will leave and inevitably the new one fucks it all up!

benzy

Where have you guys been? :p Update 1.10 added a simple race number decal editor to use for most of the cars.

14810955807_bb470e7246_k.jpg

MGR

Someone on gtplanet posted a video of the Sierra special event.(not a replay, it's someone driving the whole lap)
http://vimeo.com/m/105603122

Bad image quality and noisy Japanese crowd warning.

Looks like the GT5 track generator with a little more varied scenery. It would look a lot better without all of the race circuit crap (giant armco barriers, red and white concrete walls, ripple strips, signs, flags, etc)

Bit of a snooze fest to be honest. Even the guy driving looks bored.

benzy

Looks like PD will be hiring some foreign sound engineers soon.

Regarding the offer for the Sound/Recording Engineer position, we have received a large number of applicants from all around the world. Thank you for your enthusiasm for our projects ahead.
Kazunori Yamauchi and the Sound Production team are currently going through all the resumes to make the selections. We apologize for those applicants still waiting for a reply, as it is taking some time to go through the many applications that have been sent to us.
We will notify those who have passed the selection process shortly. Thank you for your patience.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/811

I hope that guy who sound mods PC racers applied, somebody posted some youtube videos in the gaming section (a driveclub thread i think?) and they sounded incredible, the best in-game audio I've ever heard.

can't remember what thread it was, ccleaner wiped out my history, somebody else must have viewed them? iirc, the game was gt legends.

11 Sep 2014

Special new GT-R is free to download for all GT Academy entrants

Nissan and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe have announced that the brand new Nissan GT-R NISMO is now available for Gran Turismo®6. The GT-R NISMO is the ultimate articulation of the R35 GT-R. First released in 2007, Nissan and engineers have been meticulously honing the GT-R's performance with each version of the car that has followed.

The production model of the GT-R NISMO is available for sale in Europe and GT Academy fans can take it to the virtual track today!

So where is it? Sierra?

benzy

There's no update so it seems they released the press release too soon. Sounds like there should be an update by tomorrow.

New user alert-

What a week of build-ups and let downs. I don't recall a week with so many predictions and misinterpretations. The new seasonals with gold chrome as a bronze prize was nice. I cloned the crap out of that chip in GT5 for trade bait.

Top Bottom