• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

From official site-

"At the following time we will perform the scheduled maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Every Monday, 23:00 - Tuesday 01:00 EST"

Every Monday? That'll fuel some speculation threads on the popular GT sites. That's going to get old fast.

I hope they've got rid of the double install BS, I'm sensing a 1.8GB update incoming:

Sierra (plus updated Course Maker code)
GT-R Nismo
Subaru VGT
Toyota VGT / Graphite

I hope they've got rid of the double install BS, I'm sensing a 1.8GB update incoming:

Sierra (plus updated Course Maker code)
GT-R Nismo
Subaru VGT
Toyota VGT / Graphite

Yeah, what the hell is up with this? Did GT6 always have double installs? I don't remember having to double-install earlier patches, just the recent ones.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_3997949.html

Not live as of this post, though.

EDIT:

Additional Meters have been added
It is now possible to install "Additional Meters" from the [Custom Parts] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section of "My Home". You can select up to 3 instruments to add from the following: "Boost Meter", "Water Temperature Gauge", "Oil Temperature Gauge", "Rev. Counter", "Speedometer", "Oil Pressure Gauge", "Voltmeter" and "Fuel Gauge".

Doesn't this imply interior customization? I thought the "additional meters" would be in the UI...

EDIT 2: Okay it's live for me now. 484MB!

benzy

3 minutes until d/l finish.

ibqcbyYdomwQAh.gif

Looks like they've updated the mountain textures for Andalucia. Must have been a massive undertaking.

iRj2xImJ52zMD.jpg

iHVJE0l9vGUCD.jpg

MGR

Is there any way to bring friends into a Quick Race together? (Party Mode or invite system?)

*edit*

Doesn't look like it :(

gt6-quick-match-638x359.jpg

Mush

It's such a shame because due to the constraints of the PS3 Sierra looks less than desirable in its current state.

I don't like what they've done with the FFB on wheels. It was fine for the Sierra events but I've had to crank the torque up to 10 for the Toyota VGT seasonal.

Edit: Actually disregard that last bit, I may or may not have had the power supply unplugged.

Navid

Can't wait to try out that Sierra track and the new mode, giving me a something of a Outrun vibe from watching the footage... Great to see them still supporting the title with content like this.

Force Feedback Strength can now be adjusted from the [Quick Menu]
- The [Feedback Strength] value that could previously be adjusted only from the [Steering Characteristics] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] can now also be adjusted from the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu", displayed before a race starts.
- Additionally, the strength of the force feedback previously adjustable only under [Feedback Strength] can now be adjusted independently with the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] and [Force Feedback Sensitivity] sliders: it is now possible to set the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering and the steering sensitivity when near the centred position independently.

Megaton - if they've finally unlocked the rally FFB settings so we can use our selected FFB settings?

I want to kiss whoever it was that came up with the idea to basically take an oldschool arcade racer like Outrun and put it into GT (Sierra Time Rally). So much fun! It even comes complete with an announcer. The series needs more stuff like that to be integrated into the actual campaign.

dubc35

I want to kiss whoever it was that came up with the idea to basically take an oldschool arcade racer like Outrun and put it into GT (Sierra Time Rally). So much fun! It even comes complete with an announcer. The series needs more stuff like that to be integrated into the actual campaign.

I haven't played it yet but it does appear to breathe some life into a tired, beat down game.

Pretty good update, quick race is great when you just want to play for a few minutes and don't want to deal with the awful AI, I hope they continue this no paid DLC path (or at least most of) in GT7.

Aerocrane

It is pretty much OutRun with scoring based on distance and overtakes, just missing route selections, Ferrari convertibles and Magical Sound Shower. Is the PS3 able to play back .ogg files? I might just use the music tracks from OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast's PC version as custom soundtrack for the rally events.

the usual places are filled with gibberish, I think they've moved stuff about. Some Bspec stuff is mixed in with the Sierra stuff, probably for the cars that are lapping the track? pitstops, warnings for engine, suspension damage, etc

Sierra is like those other tracks, wide open environment, course maker themes confirmed.

Found car list, none hidden. Everything else has been nuked, even all the car, game options/mode descriptions, I wonder if the hybrid editor will still work? First strike to kill the save data hack?

Treasure hunting is dead and buried.

Dead Man

How good is course maker going to be? Sierra is the best original track to grace GT, it's so good it's getting a direct feed screenshot spamfest.

I haven't seen it yet, but in a world where Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, and Grindlewald exist, that is a pretty bold claim.

Or do you just mean best looking? None of those are winning awards for looking good lol.

The layout is very good, it's got a mix of everything and flows beautifully, it crushes any original GT track. it's a mixed bag visually but that's to be expected as it's using Course Maker

Niks

New track is good, really enjoyed it.
That said, the couple of jumps in the track are bullshit... dont know who at polyphony thinks these are a good idea.

Also the track trials are a sad reminder of how shit the AI is. Rage inducing...

MGR

The layout is very good, it's got a mix of everything and flows beautifully, it crushes any original GT track. it's a mixed bag visually but that's to be expected as it's using Course Maker

Sierra is a long GT5 course maker track with better scenery. Looks waaaaayyy too much like a closed race course rather than a tarmac 'Rally' course. Road needs more character and bumps, lose the ripple strips and armco barriers, more T-junctions, etc

Quick Race is back finally (only took 7 years since GT5P launch) but still implemented half-assed. I guess I should be thankful I don't have to go through the whole matchmaking process every single race.

Closing in one one year since PS4 launch and GT6 still not finished. Surely they are working on a remastered version of GT6 at this point?

Dead Man

Man I see those images, and then I see this...

qmzfuo.gif

Cant help but think GT is done.
Track and environment detail in DC is insane.. honestly cant see Polyphony matching DC visuals. (I know DC is 30fps)

DC is not going to scratch the itch the GT used to for me. Pretty visuals are fine, but the huge car selection and chassis tuning are what I love about GT. Sucks that it's dead.

qmzfuo.gif

Track and environment detail in DC is insane.. honestly cant see Polyphony matching DC visuals. (I know DC is 30fps)

No doubt that GT is dying but GT World will put Driveclub's visuals to shame.

benzy

http://a.pomf.se/qmzfuo.gif

I really wonder if GT7's vegetation will be a bunch of 2D cutouts again or if the engine can support thousands of unique 3D trees at 60fps. The density the 3D trees in DC gives off adds quite a bit to the visuals.

ieKBcZHGfZcOv.gif

ruttyboy

Typical, the first significant update in months and my ISP is having 'issues' which means I can't even watch Youtube, never mind deal with a GT update :(

This is exactly the sort of track scenery I've been gagging for in the GT series. Not since El Capitan has a GT original gave me more of a "road" vibe rather than a track.

I need to order my replacement wheel stand so I can get on this.

amar212

I really wonder if GT7's vegetation will be a bunch of 2D cutouts again or if the engine can support thousands of unique 3D trees at 60fps. The density the 3D trees in DC gives off adds quite a bit to the visuals.

It looks amazing in motion. That guy who was streaming yesterday has violated the embargo heavily, but to each his own I guess. At least people got some impression.

BTW Wax, amazing grabs, as always

It is the best showcase of the actual IQ that is buried under the aliasing and variable resolution

Outcome

Banned

qmzfuo.gif

GT is not about visuals (which are beautiful enough in fact), it is about driving. GT6 will be dead when GT7 is out. DriveClub will have no influence. It's an arcade, just a pretty one (may be very pretty).

nan0

Do the new meters display actual simulated values? I installed oil pressure and water temp for shits and giggles on my Demio and the gauges did move while driving, I just don't know whether they make any sense.

Watevaman

I don't even know if GT6 actually measures those temps or what they affect in terms of mechanical damage. It's because of this that I'm not putting any of the temp/pressure gauges up except for boost.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yea, I suppose I could see that if all a person cared about was visuals.

Its too bad GT will still be a much better *racing* game when it comes down to it, along with a ton more content. I'm betting GT7 will look great as well.

But the kicker:

GT7 will probably have Morpheus support. As good as DriveClub looks, racing games in VR are going to make 2D racing games feel obsolete.

Mascot

But the kicker:

GT7 will probably have Morpheus support. As good as DriveClub looks, racing games in VR are going to make 2D racing games feel obsolete.
The question is, will PS4 have the grunt to drive Morpheus with GT7-expected visuals at a sufficient frame rate? I'm not convinced it will. If VR takes off like it's expected to I can see PS5 (and UltraBone 9000) arriving sooner than originally planned.

p3n

Zahara is nice and all but the new FFB effects are the star of this update. I can feel the front wheels slipping now when it used to be just guessing. I can feel how the suspension works mid corner going down into the long left turn on Deep Forest....amazing. They turned it from some rumble with random resistance changes into actual useful information.

And this is with using Fanatec GT3RS (1st gen with firmware update to v2) so it should be the same as the G25. I can't imaging how much better it might be with actually supported wheels like the T500.

amar212

Zahara is nice and all but the new FFB effects are the star of this update. I can feel the front wheels slipping now when it used to be just guessing. I can feel how the suspension works mid corner going down into the long left turn on Deep Forest....amazing. They turned it from some rumble with random resistance changes into actual useful information.

And this is with using Fanatec GT3RS (1st gen with firmware update to v2) so it should be the same as the G25. I can't imaging how much better it might be with actually supported wheels like the T500.

Yes, this.

Top Bottom