• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Zaphod

This update was a total surprise to me. The new checkpoint mode is old school arcade awesome and I played it for 3 hours straight. It's nice to see something different in a sim racer being applied by Polyphony and on a game has been out for almost a year. Hopefully this hints towards GT7 being the game that finally changes up the old standard formula.

This update was a total surprise to me. The new checkpoint mode is old school arcade awesome and I played it for 3 hours straight. It's nice to see something different in a sim racer being applied by Polyphony and on a game has been out for almost a year. Hopefully this hints towards GT7 being the game that finally changes up the old standard formula.

My thoughts exactly.

I never thought I'd hear 'GAME OVER' or see the word 'Combo' in a GT game.

This game keeps getting better and better!

so what's the maximum amount of cars one can pass on challenge 1?

i was on 63 but hit the barrier in the last sector which lost the combo :(

my best score is 2.4 million with 57 cars.

SmokyDave

Fired this up yesterday with no idea about the Sierra Time Rally thingy. Holy fuck, what an awesome addition. I reckon I can happily spend the rest of my life just doing free runs on that beautiful, beautiful track. What is it, 27 miles? Exquisite.

The new force feedback feels fucking great too.

Seanspeed

Banned
The question is, will PS4 have the grunt to drive Morpheus with GT7-expected visuals at a sufficient frame rate? I'm not convinced it will. If VR takes off like it's expected to I can see PS5 (and UltraBone 9000) arriving sooner than originally planned.
It doesn't need to have full GT7 visuals, though. I think Gran Turismo in VR is going to be better than any gorgeous 2D racer experience. Its going to change the way people look at racing games.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
One of the turns in Sierra has an invisible wall that comes out AT LEAST 10 feet out. Fucking pisses me off.

Jilt

The Sierra time arcade is exactly what it is, time arcade...
The AI sucks. But when you go in to practice mode on Sierra, ... My god, ....

Take out the RUF, drive it with clutch, heaven!!

CircuitodelaSierra-Tijdrit_1.jpg

The X-Bow is very nice with the new FFB, what are some other good cars ?

The Cat 7 and Senna cars are crap :(

Why can't Polyphony do something straight across the board for once instead of half baking shit? So frustrating.

granturismo6_68m1rvc.jpg

andylsun

Loving this Sierra addition. Fired up my PS3 for the first time for ages and noticed a GT6 patch had been installed. Had no idea what the update did.

Playing with headphones in stereoscopic 3D is awesome. Golded the first challenge on the first attempt.
Never expected checkpoints, jump bonuses in a GT and actually really like it.

One question. How do I get rid of driver/car names. It's very distracting in 3D

Mascot

Had a very quick blast on Sierra a few days ago but haven't had a chance to play it properly yet. Looked nice though.

So, if you complete one lap the track then unlocks into other game modes? Is that how it works?

So what's happening with the Moto GP license now that Milestone are working on RIDE for 2015?

The Tourist Trophy director returns and wants to make the most realistic motorcycle simulation, Kaz confirms bikes will be in the future of GT, Polyphony caught scanning the most famous motorcycle circuit in the world - it's happening isn't it? Fully fledged TT and Moto GP modes in 2015.

Based GPS Course Maker will be in its element - all part of the Polyphony masterplan. banderas.gif

I may have missed something, but is there any way to do the Sierra challenge with a car other than the 3? From what I've seen, you can only race on the level, but can't do the arcade style challenge.

Ted

How does the quick race work? One race then back to the menu or one race then voting or...?? Does anyone have any screenshots of the menu(s) kicking around? The only ones I found on Google are thumbnail sized and I can't read the text.

I wouldn't ask but I'm stuck with too much work and not enough time so I haven't even updated yet (for fear of losing a few hours setting up wheel and playing!).

Mobius 1

And my PS3's BluRay drive gave up it's ghost - no more GT6 for me.

Unless I buy a digital copy.

... I'm going to buy a digital copy.

offshore

Just got around to updating last night...

combos, checkpoints, arcade-style voiceovers?!

I love it. Want more of it. The inner-arcade child in me getting giddy at hearing "TIME EXTENDED!"

nan0

How does the quick race work? One race then back to the menu or one race then voting or...?? Does anyone have any screenshots of the menu(s) kicking around? The only ones I found on Google are thumbnail sized and I can't read the text.

The events have a fixed track, a selection of cars and varying driving aids. The races are continuous, but there is no voting.

Ted

The events have a fixed track, a selection of cars and varying driving aids. The races are continuous, but there is no voting.

Thanks nan0, much appreciated.

Hopefully I'll get a spare hour or two to jump online at the weekend and check it out myself.

MGR

This is great. Can't wait for GT7 to finally show some road reflections from the headlights in the rain though.

I'd just be happy with all the car's headlights illuminating the track, rather than just the one. At least GT5 lit up the track with two cars :/

Woodchipper

I just hope they don't get carried away with car detail in GT7, as they did with GT5/6. The "premium" cars in GT6 are good enough for PS4 and I'd rather see more cars on track and/or improved environments/weather effects, and of course 1080p @ steady 60fps.

I just hope they don't get carried away with car detail in GT7, as they did with GT5/6. The "premium" cars in GT6 are good enough for PS4 and I'd rather see more cars on track and/or improved environments/weather effects, and of course 1080p @ steady 60fps.

I used to feel this way, but then I started going into the Forza screenshot threads.

Now I want detail like this, dammit!
mobile.213l5snz.jpg

Dead Man

I used to feel this way, but then I started going into the Forza screenshot threads.

Now I want detail like this, dammit!
http://www.abload.de/img/mobile.213l5snz.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

If it means we get reduced car counts and shithouse graphics except for the gloriously detailed engine bay? No thanks. Being that PD is not likely to actually allocate enough resources at any one time to create the car models and do other work, I worry we will get a bunch of very good car models with a shit house game and irritating graphical issues. Again.

Meant to bold the part about the GT6 cars being "good enough".

I think they can still crams tons of details into cars without killing the environments, though. Even if we don't get full engine bays, I would still like to see the level of detail paint and interiors have in Forza. I think it could easily happen, too. Isn't Forza full 1080p/60? I think bare minimum improved environments and cars could be expected in GT7, even relative to it's contemporaries.

Mobius 1

I think having detailed engine bays is nice. But I will trade that off for more detailed and animated environments and its effects on the cars.

I'd be happy with the best of Prologue, GT5/6 @ 1080p, 60fps in game and replays, 24 car grid, then all the extra juice put to use on physics and AI but that won't happen as they have to support that dumb VR headset and whatever other stupid gimmicks Sony comes out with.

Top Bottom